Space 220 Review

Frozen2014

DIS Veteran
We just returned form an amazing week at Epcot. When booking our ADRs at the 60 day mark, I wasn't actually planning on booking Space 220, but there was an opening so I grabbed it. Debated if we wanted to keep it or not (it was that or Steakhouse 71), but we decided to keep Space 220 as it seemed like a unique experience vs a steakhouse that we can get at home. The booking was on our second Epcot day, which fit well as we had already been on all the rides so we didn't feel like we were missing out on park time.

So what did we think? We really like it! The elevator ride up to the restaurant is fun. We were seated at a window seat slightly off on the centre. So we didn't get the earth view, but we did get astronauts floating by us.
IMG_20220902_125829.jpg

Our kids ordered the blue pop rocks drink which they got a kick out of. Talk about sugar but they didn't complain...lol.
IMG_20220902_131411.jpg

We went in with a negative attitude for the food as I kept hearing the atmosphere is cool but the food is just ok. However, we really enjoyed it.

Our kids got the Caesar salad as an appetizer. DD didn't love it but our son said it was the best he has had. DH and I got the Tempura Cauliflower. Warning that the sauce underneath is spicy but yum.

IMG_20220902_131717.jpg IMG_20220902_132521.jpg

There was a mix up with the appetizers where they brought out the wrong item for DH and I. It wasn't our waiter and this person insisted this was ours even though we didn't order it...and then as he went off, he never returned with the appetizers that we ordered. So DH complained to our waiter when he saw her. Shortly after, the manager came out and even though we were there for lunch, he offered us 2 free desserts. Honestly by the time it came to dessert, we were so stuffed that we didn't really want them but did sample them (we had our eye on the caramel shop in Germany at World Showcase so had to save sugar room...lol).

For main meal, DS got the burger which he enjoyed. DD got the spaghetti (meatballs substituted for the shrimp). DH got the tuna and I got the salmon. I changed the veggies to french fries which I regretted (too much fried stuff) but nibbled on them.

We got the two sample desserts....both yummy.

Definitely left stuffed and happy that we kept the reservation. Maybe we're just not picky but we really enjoyed the experience.

Last edited:
I'm laughing because my DH and I went last year by ourselves and we enjoyed it. This time we will take one of our sons after picking him up at semesters end. He wanted to try Space 220. I have been thinking of getting the burger not excited by anything else at the moment. And I must say the burger looks pretty good. Hope it tasted good as well .

I'm laughing because my DH and I went last year by ourselves and we enjoyed it. This time we will take one of our sons after picking him up at semesters end. He wanted to try Space 220. I have been thinking of getting the burger not excited by anything else at the moment. And I must say the burger looks pretty good. Hope it tasted good as well .
Our son ordered the burger so can't comment personally but he quite enjoyed it. It comes with the thick fries but can change to thin ones too if prefer.
It's a fun place. Hope your son enjoys it too.

It was a one and done for us. The elevator ride was very cool and the kids enjoyed that. And it is also cool once you first walk into the restaurant, but then I was expecting more. They need to do something more exciting with the theme. We kept waiting for more to happen but it was just a view of the Earth and a couple of floating astronauts. Kind of boring. The food was tasty, but way overpriced. We have had better meals in many of the countries, for less money. The kids enjoyed the pop rocks drinks! Overall, it was a little bit disappointing. Glad we tried it but would rather go elsewhere.

We ate here in January and by far it was our favorite. I got the , I think, the short ribs with cheese grits. I could have bathed in the cheese grits and I'm from the south so I'm pretty persnickity about my grits!

We ate at the lounge. The wait to get in was stupid, I think maybe 20 mins after our booked reservation? We had the calimari and drinks, they were OK. It was cute and a neat experience, I'm glad we didn't book the prix fixe.

We love it. The theming is nice and it's one of the few places in the parks where the kids can get a lobster tail added to their meal. Hopefully someone will cancel their ADR last minute so we can go there again during our next trip.

We enjoyed the Space 220 lounge on our last visit. Considering whether to book a meal at the restaurant next time.

The lunch menu doesn't look bad, but I'm turned off by the fact that a $55 prix fixe meal doesn't include dessert.

$14 extra? Really?

My sister and I really enjoyed the restaurant meal we had there, and my son and I enjoyed the lounge meal we had there.
We all thought the food was really really good, but we are not foodies by any means.

We didn’t expect “exciting” out the window, just outer space theming, and that is exactly what happened. The view, the music and the lighting is more soothing than exciting.

It definitely was an expensive meal but I’d do it again.

Meh...been there and won't reserve again. Our service was really slow. That didn't help, but I though the food was good but overpriced. We would do LeCellier twice instead of LeCellier and 220.

I am so happy to read all of the reviews. I have been debating on reserving here for our group of 6 in January when our ADR window pops up. Since it is new to us, I think I will go for it.

We dined for the second time on 10/5/23 and didn't enjoy it.

Our first experience was fine--we opted for the lounge. Service pleasant and our choices were good--chicken and waffles along with calamari and cocktails.

The most recent experience lacked on every level. Our server was snippy and the only item enjoyed by the four of us was the calamari (same as Via Napoli). Disappointing for the first timers and more so for the second timers.

I won't be repeating unless it is for a bar seat and cocktails--that is even doubtful.

We enjoyed the food and atmosphere. I however think there is an if concerning value. There is enough on the menu that is higher end that easily make the price a good value on the flip side there are things that can make it a poor value. The service was on par with a signature which is definitely a longer meal. I have no issue about the price in consideration of the food and service compared to non signature service and food in between with a price that is also in between. If you go there for the burger and salad or like the lounge option will be a far better choice unless you are ok with paying for the experience. If most will order the Tuna, Salmon or steak and an appetizer of like the pricing is easily within reason.

I like the look of space220, but will likely book elsehwere since the food options there (especially for the $$) are not that interesting. Do they have a bar there, seems like a good place to maybe just grab a drink and an appetizer!

I like the look of space220, but will likely book elsehwere since the food options there (especially for the $$) are not that interesting. Do they have a bar there, seems like a good place to maybe just grab a drink and an appetizer!

Limited seating and first come, first served. I have seen folks queuing at 10:00 a.m. in hopes of getting a bar seat. I agree, this would be the only way I would return.

Went last December. It was cool atmosphere wise and I was lucky they accommodated me since I was like 20 minutes late plus there was a long line to check in, as I recall, the Disney app check in was on the fritz for this restaurant at that time, so everyone had to check in the old fashioned way. Anyway, while it was very fun, I do agree there could have been more in terms of the space displays, but it was nice, though sort of futuristic minimalist which I get, sort of like Star Trek.

Food was a let-down. The fried calamari was just the kind of calamari you get from people who don't know how to make good calamari - like if you've had it a good Italian restaurant or a good Japanese restaurant, you know how calamari should be. Didn't like the seasoning or sauce either but overall it was edible, just wrong lol. Similar to the mediocre calamari I had at Mama Melrose's in Hollywood Studios years ago.

I had the steak figuring it would be the best think on the menu...but it was average too. And came with a thousand fries as well...which were also basic.

I skipped it on my subsequent trip in April of this year however, I will give it another try when I go again this December. Both the salad and the cauliflower look really good and alot of times a burger is the best think to order is restaurants like these.

Never been there but the cost of the pricey fixed menu isn't worth it. We aren't huge eaters and would never pay $55+ for just lunch. Clearly, part of the price is the atmosphere, but you are looking at large TV screens showing images from space. Not worth it in my view.

I just got back from my Space220 lunch. I agree that while the food was good, I think that the hassle and stress of snagging a reservation was not worth it. I live in California and was up at 2:45am to book my ADRs and got Space220 on my last of the 6 days I was at WDW. The elevator ride was cool, and the atmosphere was unique, but I am still not exactly sure why getting reservations here are so, so difficult. I have been trying to get a Space220 reservation for my last 3 WDW trips, and I even signed up for the dining reservation finder notification emails through a 3rd party. Honestly, I think if I could have just gotten a reservation a few weeks out, or if I hadn't felt such a high expectation from how difficult it is to get a reservation, then I may have been more impressed.

1699057744291.png

1699057654685.png

1699057695490.png
1699057723606.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter