Space 220

does this work with the pre-paid places (I've read so many things, is S220 prepaid? or is that just firework's parties?)
No, it doesn't work for pre paid restaurants like CRT. You pay for the number of people on the reservation. Space 220 is not pre paid, its a set price for a two course lunch and then a more costly set price for a three course dinner.

Actually, yes, it does work for CRT. We had an ADR for 4 in April, but only 2 of us going on the day of. I wasn’t able to get thru on the phone before the ADR. We were at Riviera so I asked the front desk CM if he could change it to 2. He wasn’t able to, but he called CRT directly & was told it was not a problem to show up with 2 instead of 4. We told them when we checked in it was only going to be 2. The CM at the podium said it was no problem. The server repeated it was not a problem. After the meal she adjusted our bill to apply our AP discount & issued a refund for the other 2 meals. She was very nonchalant about it, acted like it was a pretty normal occurrence. I had the impression this in’t a rare occurrence.

Of course, you have to prepay for 4 people, so you do need to lay out a good chunk of money ahead of time. But you absolutely can show up with less guests & get the extra places refunded.

Are they accommodating allergies? Anyone have recent experiences with them?

We just ate here Thursday. We were asked if we had any allergies (we don’t). I also heard a manager type stop at the table next to us to ask to ask about a guests allergies. I seem to recall hearing him mention seafood, but that could be wrong. I really didn’t pay much attention but I am positive the allergies were addressed. I even noticed the server brought bottled water to the table to serve the young woman with the allergy. He even opened the bottle at the table in front of the guest & left it on their table.

We just ate here Thursday. We were asked if we had any allergies (we don’t). I also heard a manager type stop at the table next to us to ask to ask about a guests allergies. I seem to recall hearing him mention seafood, but that could be wrong. I really didn’t pay much attention but I am positive the allergies were addressed. I even noticed the server brought bottled water to the table to serve the young woman with the allergy. He even opened the bottle at the table in front of the guest & left it on their table.
Was she allergic to tap water? ;)

Some people are even allergic to airborne particles so they can’t be near fish/eggs that are being cooked. I’m assuming that’s why the server didn’t serve water that was sitting out on a counter. There are people allergic to water and they can’t even bathe and cry.

Last edited:

Actually I wondered if that is standard for anyone with allergies? So no accidental cross contamination? I have no experience with food allergies at all.
Our kids drinks (chocolate milk, juice) get brought out by the server. if it’s water they use the same jug. They are ok with eating ‘made in same facility..’ though. Usually the servers substitute the item that has say butter or eggs. CRT was more strict and couldn’t modify much and just took off so much from our son’s plate/appetizer vs Topolinos where they made chicken and pasta with marinara completely customized.

For walk-up lounge reservations, are you given an actual return time? Or is it that you line up at park opening and wait until there's a table available?

For walk-up lounge reservations, are you given an actual return time? Or is it that you line up at park opening and wait until there's a table available?

I came here to ask the same thing. I'm unfamiliar with lounges in general since I've never eaten in one.

So, about what time should one line up outside to get a seat at the lounge for lunch? I'm staying at Yahct Club, so can get there as soon as possible.

And what is the average wait time at the moment for walk-ups?

Anyone know if a 10yo or a 13yo (who is a vegetarian) will be allowed to order from the kids menu or have experience dining with kids just over the listed age on the kids menu? We got a dinner reservation during our trip as the family deemed it a must but I’m not sold on the menu and I know they’ll both want the spaghetti 🤦🏻‍♀️. I’m debating trying for the lounge early on in our trip and canceling our full ADR.

Anyone know if a 10yo or a 13yo (who is a vegetarian) will be allowed to order from the kids menu or have experience dining with kids just over the listed age on the kids menu? We got a dinner reservation during our trip as the family deemed it a must but I’m not sold on the menu and I know they’ll both want the spaghetti 🤦🏻‍♀️. I’m debating trying for the lounge early on in our trip and canceling our full ADR.
I'm waiting to hear back from Disney, as I had emailed to ask if my teen would be able to order from the kids menu ( but still pay the adult price)

How long was dinner? I was hoping to catch the fireworks afterwards. I have to rearrange our days as we changed resorts.

So bummed could not get my reservation, how can all these be gone even at end of my trip, so sad

So bummed could not get my reservation, how can all these be gone even at end of my trip, so sad

You can sign up for Touringplans to get their free reservation finder. There is another service for a charge but for some reason we can’t state it here (I got a violation), and one that’s free as well; you can search for Disney dining reservation finder online.

Plans change all the time. Also, I think they’re holding back capacity for walk ups (Genie+ function?). Sometimes you can get on a waitlist if you go up to the restaurant before it opens for that meal period. Definitely check 48-24 hours before when people have to cancel.

You can sign up for Touringplans to get their free reservation finder. There is another service for a charge but for some reason we can’t state it here (I got a violation), and one that’s free as well; you can search for Disney dining reservation finder online.

Plans change all the time. Also, I think they’re holding back capacity for walk ups (Genie+ function?). Sometimes you can get on a waitlist if you go up to the restaurant before it opens for that meal period. Definitely check 48-24 hours before when people have to cancel.
Thank you

So I recieved a reply from guest services.
At first they didn't address my main concern, so I replied stating that, and received another reply.
I've attached screenshots of the whole conversation.
Hope that helps some people.611575611576611577611578611579

I'm not really sure what to do now. I don't think it fair to "waste" an ADR that someone else could have booked, but equally I don't want to pay the $55 for her to basically eat very little.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter