Space 220

I'm not really sure what to do now. I don't think it fair to "waste" an ADR that someone else could have booked, but equally I don't want to pay the $55 for her to basically eat very little.
Space is part of the Patina Group of restaurants. Maybe you'd have better luck asking them directly?
https://www.patinagroup.com/contact
Or, if you have some time before your ADR I'd suggest watching this thread for more reports on this. I really can't believe they wouldn't allow you to order off the kids menu at the adult price (although I know there were early reports of it not being allowed).

I'm not really sure what to do now. I don't think it fair to "waste" an ADR that someone else could have booked, but equally I don't want to pay the $55 for her to basically eat very little.

I personally think you are overthinking it. If they will let you arrive and then switch to the lounge-and if they don't you can bring up your email from Disney and speak to a manager, which I would expect to work--then the reservation is not wasted. Moreover, someone will probably get seated at it, so, I don't think there is any reason to feel bad about it at all.

Thankyou both. We'll see if I can even get an ADR yet. It might be a moot point, but I wanted to be prepared.
I think I will email the Patina group as well to ask.

Anyone have a comparison to Le Cellier? I have managed a reservation for both but they are in the same lunch window. We were originally planning to dump the SPace 220 but after my wife saw a glowing review that classified it as close to Takume Tei or MP (where we would be eating if they were open) and "clearly" better than other's like Le Cellier...she is uncertain now. Hard to imagine it is such quality but, I don't actually know the quality of Le Cellier either so, any good comparisons?

You can get the mushroom steak at the Canada food and wine booth (If you’re going before Nov 20) instead of doing a sit down.

I personally think you are overthinking it. If they will let you arrive and then switch to the lounge-and if they don't you can bring up your email from Disney and speak to a manager, which I would expect to work--then the reservation is not wasted. Moreover, someone will probably get seated at it, so, I don't think there is any reason to feel bad about it at all.

So, is it true that ADRs can be converted from a prix-fixe to a lounge table upon arrival without a cancellation fee?

So, is it true that ADRs can be converted from a prix-fixe to a lounge table upon arrival without a cancellation fee?
I suspect that the agent was in error. I followed up after this hoping to get my own email as such, but was told I need to speak to that company and maybe check in with the hostess and make the request prior to being seated. Hopefully they would honor it for the email response but who knows, depends on who is running the show I guess.

For walk-up lounge reservations, are you given an actual return time? Or is it that you line up at park opening and wait until there's a table available?

We lined up for the lounge this past Monday. You are not given a return time. You simply wait and hope they will have space available. We lined up around noon (a party of 2) and waited about 60 minutes. YMMV on wait times. Guests in the lounge can order from the lounge and/or the prix fixe menu. We ordered the prix fixe and then added on dessert as well.

Anyone have a comparison to Le Cellier? I have managed a reservation for both but they are in the same lunch window. We were originally planning to dump the SPace 220 but after my wife saw a glowing review that classified it as close to Takume Tei or MP (where we would be eating if they were open) and "clearly" better than other's like Le Cellier...she is uncertain now. Hard to imagine it is such quality but, I don't actually know the quality of Le Cellier either so, any good comparisons?

While I enjoyed Space 220, it is nowhere near the quality of Takumi Tei, MP or Le Cellier. Space 220 is more along the lines of a casual TS, not a signature. If you are looking for a signature meal in EP, I would stick with Le Cellier. If you want a more unique atmosphere, choose Space 220.

I've heard of Space 220 and REALLY want to eat there when I go. :)

I think the part about each restaurant making their own decisions about adults ordering from the child’s menu is key. A random guest services CM is not going to be able to tell you what will happen if you dine there on December 24th. You may be able to do what you want, or you may not, depending on the server or manager on duty that day. If you really want to eat there, you’ll need to have a plan for what she’ll eat if you’re told no. Or be OK with paying for the experience, regardless of what she eats.

The unfortunate part about some of the themed restaurants is their menus might not appeal to some people. I’d love to eat at Jungle Skipper’s Canteen, but theres nothing on that menu that my DH or I would eat. So as it stands, we just skip going there.

Attachments

• 1633834557755.jpeg
    1633834557755.jpeg
    47.5 KB · Views: 414
Last edited:
I think the part about each restaurant making their own decisions about adults ordering from the child’s menu is key. A random guest services CM is not going to be able to tell you what will happen if you dine there on December 24th. You may be able to do what you want, or you may not, depending on the server or manager on duty that day. If you really want to eat there, you’ll need to have a plan for what she’ll eat if you’re told no. Or be OK with paying for the experience, regardless of what she eats.

The unfortunate part about some of the themed restaurants is their menus might not appeal to some people. I’d love to eat at Jungle Skipper’s Canteen, but theres nothing on that menu that my DS or I would eat. So as it stands, we just skip going there.

SO MUCH THIS! With everything Disney, the on the ground CM has the final say so - especially at a third party restaurant. No matter what someone sends you as canned response or tells you on the phone, they just don't control actual operations. Sometimes operations even change based on crowds and current situations.

Now in case of PP, I think they gave her a good option - choose the Lounge area. The ones who want prix fixed can order that or save money and order from Lounge Menu. Many restaurants are good about letting an adult ordering a child's meal, especially if you are not in situation where you have prix fixe. The Lounge is not. I think since I wouldn't be required to spend $55 on her in the Lounge I'd take the risk that they will work with me. If not I'd order her some "potato wedges" and get her something after we left.

Last edited:
Hopefully I'll be able to get and ADR and will report back on my experience. I have emailed Patina in the meantime, just to see what they say. Can't hurt!

Based on all the reports across social media I thought the food would be bad or something. But it was all totally fine lol. Not as good as Le Cellier, Takumi Tei, etc. But definitely better than Coral Reef, San Angel(no matter which one), Akershus, the new Crepes place, Nine Dragons, Biergarten, etc. Heck, tbh, our meal was better than the last 2 times at Chef's de France.

I've definitely done worse at Epcot from a food perspective. Expensive, but the experience and staff were great(and super accommodating to special dietary request btw, which is nice despite it being a set fixed menu) and the food being "good"(nothing was bad or unpopular, few things were loved actually) at our table was great.

Didn't feel ripped off at all in the end. Would readily do it again tbh.

Last edited:
I was really looking forward to trying Space 220. I was online at 5:45 am for the first day of reservations and was not able to get one since they opened reservations about 10 minutes before that. OK. No Problem - I will try the lounge. My Epcot day was Saturday October 9th. I went to line up at around 2:00 pm and they said the line was closed and they were not allowing anyone to get in the queue and to try later. I went back at 3:00 pm and the same thing. No chance to wait, even though I was willing to wait a long time, and it was just me - not a big group. They said maybe they would open the queue at 4:00. I tried one more time at 3:30 and still no chance to wait even though there were only about 10 people in the line at this time. I was tired of milling around that area so I moved on. I was surprised they would not allow me to wait, even though they planned to open the queue back up once the line went down, and the line was pretty short by then. It was very disappointing, and I hope anyone else who is willing to wait for the lounge will have better luck than I did.

I was really looking forward to trying Space 220. I was online at 5:45 am for the first day of reservations and was not able to get one since they opened reservations about 10 minutes before that. OK. No Problem - I will try the lounge. My Epcot day was Saturday October 9th. I went to line up at around 2:00 pm and they said the line was closed and they were not allowing anyone to get in the queue and to try later. I went back at 3:00 pm and the same thing. No chance to wait, even though I was willing to wait a long time, and it was just me - not a big group. They said maybe they would open the queue at 4:00. I tried one more time at 3:30 and still no chance to wait even though there were only about 10 people in the line at this time. I was tired of milling around that area so I moved on. I was surprised they would not allow me to wait, even though they planned to open the queue back up once the line went down, and the line was pretty short by then. It was very disappointing, and I hope anyone else who is willing to wait for the lounge will have better luck than I did.
We got shut out similarly. Have been stalking and have a reservation finder set and no luck with 1 week to go.
We were thinking about trying for the lounge, but sounds like unless we are there at opening, that may not work well either.
There's always the next trip.

Stopping by to report: went to Space 220 on Saturday with lunch reservation. My teens were able to order adult apps (Caeser salad) and kid entrees (chicken tenders and fries, spaghetti) and were given huge portions for the $55 prix fixe price. Husband and I got the flat iron steak and the meaty macaroni thing. Both really good!

Stopping by to report: went to Space 220 on Saturday with lunch reservation. My teens were able to order adult apps (Caeser salad) and kid entrees (chicken tenders and fries, spaghetti) and were given huge portions for the $55 prix fixe price. Husband and I got the flat iron steak and the meaty macaroni thing. Both really good!

Thankyou for reporting back. Lets hope it is standard to allow teens to order from the kids menu.

Based on all the reports across social media I thought the food would be bad or something. But it was all totally fine lol. Not as good as Le Cellier, Takumi Tei, etc. But definitely better than Coral Reef, San Angel(no matter which one), Akershus, the new Crepes place, Nine Dragons, Biergarten, etc. Heck, tbh, our meal was better than the last 2 times at Chef's de France.

I've definitely done worse at Epcot from a food perspective. Expensive, but the experience and staff were great(and super accommodating to special dietary request btw, which is nice despite it being a set fixed menu) and the food being "good"(nothing was bad or unpopular, few things were loved actually) at our table was great.

Didn't feel ripped off at all in the end. Would readily do it again tbh.
You mention dietary accommodation… may I ask about your experience?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter