Space Mountain - DL vs MK

Ok, I am a DL local and I have to say that there is no comparison. The DL version is WAY smoother. We equate the WDW version to our Mattahorn. It feels like the exact same bumpy track, which we really don't love. Maybe it has to do with the cars (Mattahorn and WDW SM seem identical). We still go on the WDW version, but for us, it doesn't even come close to being the same, thrilling experience.

I agree 100%. Plus, I love the speakers in the ride vehicles like RnRC.

As to the WDW refurb, the manin changes were the interactive queue and adding speakers along the track. WAY preferred the DL version, but the queue @ MK is great if you do standby. I've always done FP for it, tho, so I've played with the games once when the wait time was like 10 minutes.

-Kevin

After going to WDW a few times now, I'm always in awe of the queues there. I know WDW has more space in general, but it just seems like DL doesn't put the same effort into theming the queues here. They did a little better with the new rides in Cars Land, but that's about it!

After going to WDW a few times now, I'm always in awe of the queues there. I know WDW has more space in general, but it just seems like DL doesn't put the same effort into theming the queues here. They did a little better with the new rides in Cars Land, but that's about it!

It's only been a few years now since they began updating the queues. I think Winnie the Pooh was the first one about three years ago.

DL version is WAY better ;) WDW version is virtually unrideable for me. Sometimes I try it once per trip, but my neck cannot take it.

Just rode Space at DL last week during our first visit there in 10 years. I was expecting the same jerky, bumpy ride as the MK version, but DL's was very smooth. I put the MK version on my "never again" list this past March, but I'd ride DL's anytime!!

Unfortunately, Matterhorn also went on the "never again" list.

Jim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter