SPACE RESTAURANT WATCH THREAD—Entrance photos post #1609!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess at this point the good news is that they don't seem to be rushing it and probably (hopefully) taking the time to make sure things are in order, working and to the standards we expect. I am ok with a little bit of a delay if it ensures quality of food and service. Let's hope that's case.

Wishful thinking, but I chatted with a CM online this morning to see if they had an idea of when ADRs would open for the restaurant. This is the response I received:

The end of April certainly isn't this Winter, and I know that CMs don't have all of the correct information readily available to them. Hopefully, it will be open much earlier than the end of April.

Wishful thinking, but I chatted with a CM online this morning to see if they had an idea of when ADRs would open for the restaurant. This is the response I received:

View attachment 470981

The end of April certainly isn't this Winter, and I know that CMs don't have all of the correct information readily available to them. Hopefully, it will be open much earlier than the end of April.

Heck, end of April is Summer in Texas:rolleyes2

Heck, end of April is Summer in Texas:rolleyes2
We are from TX and couldn't agree more!

We recently moved to Utah and I'm starting to believe late April is still winter here lol.... maybe that is the winter Disney is using :sad2:

Could also be that they were referring to ADR's being open the end of April, not necessarily Space 220 being open then. Wishful thinking anyways given the conversation in the chat screenshot which asked specifically about ADR's.

Did the opening date get moved again or was the March 30th date not accurate?
We were hoping to try it in April after they had a few weeks to work out the problems.

Everything we know about Space 220:
  • It will be in Epcot near Mission Space
  • It will open in 2019 Winter 2020 March 30, 2020 Some point in the future (There has been absolutely nothing confirmed regarding when it will open)
  • It will appear as if you were dining in space
  • It will have food
  • It will have lots of beer/wine (more than 1,000 bottles of the world’s finest wines and a wide selection of craft beer)
  • It will have an elevator ("a special space elevator that will ascend to the stars! Along the way, viewports will give you an aerial view of Epcot as you travel high above the planet.")
  • It will be ran by the Patina Group
Everything we don't know about Space 220:
  • Exact date it will open, or even month for that matter at this point
  • When it will take ADR (This includes not knowing if it will be before or after it opens)
  • What the menu will be (other than it will feature "modern American cuisine"
  • The cost (including dining credits)
Think that covers it.

I can save you some trouble. I tried going to the Patina website to see if it had any updates - it takes you to the WDW site (doh!).

I just tried my daily check on the WDW webpage for Space 220. The url doesn’t work now! Anyone else notice this? 😑

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter