SPACE RESTAURANT WATCH THREAD—Entrance photos post #1609!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how popular is this likely to be? Will it likely be one dining credit?

So how popular is this likely to be? Will it likely be one dining credit?
Extremely popular and we don’t know.

Currently it says dining plans are not accepted but we anticipate that will change. It is being classified as ‘Signature Dining’ which often means 2 dining credits but again, at this time nobody really knows.

We’re all hanging out here hoping Disney provides answers sometime before 2021!!

Extremely popular and we don’t know.

Currently it says dining plans are not accepted but we anticipate that will change. It is being classified as ‘Signature Dining’ which often means 2 dining credits but again, at this time nobody really knows.

We’re all hanging out here hoping Disney provides answers sometime before 2021!!

Are there any "Signature Dining" experiences that are or have been 1 credit? I thought they are and have always been 2 credits? We usually get QS dining plan so I am not in know about these things. 2 dining credits are not I am really hoping that this restaurants opens before next trip in September!

I’m probably going to end up eating pop tarts in my room over this one. Lol. *I* don’t even care about eating here myself, but my fiancé really wants to and he hardly ever makes requests when I am trip planning, so I want this to work out for him. We have 2 meals that won’t be covered by the dining plan anyway, so even if it is a signature “2 credit” meal, I could still justify going there if the menu is good enough.

Are there any "Signature Dining" experiences that are or have been 1 credit? I thought they are and have always been 2 credits? We usually get QS dining plan so I am not in know about these things. 2 dining credits are not I am really hoping that this restaurants opens before next trip in September!
Le Cellier used to be 1 credit. Once they increased it to 2 credits, ADRs became easier to get.
I don't know of any other Signature that are or used to be 1 credit.

Do we know that it's lunch and dinner only? Any chance there's breakfast?

Also, online it's listed as a Unique/Themed dining, not Signature. I assume one-credit.
The listing in the park map indicates Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner...personally hoping for a breakfast PPO in May.

Wolfgang Puck Bar and Grill, according to Disney's site.

Topolino's breakfast is one credit and Morimoto Lunch is one credit. Can't think of any others.

I think Artist Pointe is still Signature Dining and their Storybook Dining with Snow White is 1 credit.

I check the site every morning at 6am sharp (central time) and was a little late this morning (6:15am). when I was pulling up the space 220 page on WDW it kept glitching. My heart dropped and I thought that the one day I was late I missed it.... Turns out the WIFI at my gym sucks. Here is your daily dose of suspense from this thread.

I have a Google alert set for anything "Space 220" and there are still new job listings appearing on the restaurant groups site. I'm not sure if a majority of them are filled or in the process of being filled, but there are quite a few of them still up and more appearing weekly. If they are still adding more jobs it seems very unlikely they'll be ready later this month let alone early March.

We are there the first week in April and as much as I'd like to eat here I'm nearing the point where I'm almost hoping it won't open in time for us, for several reasons.

1. If its a soft-opening the first few weeks we will not be waiting in line without a reservation and wasting our time. And that would suck knowing its open in some capacity.
2. If they are still figuring things out it will likely be a shoddy meal and not worth the hassle. (Every restaurant, even Michelin starred ones need a break-in period to work out the kinks, weeks, sometimes months)
3. We have reservations at Chefs de France as a placeholder the evening we would like to go to Space 220 and I'm excited to eat there and possibly enjoy some bonuses given the proximity to the new France pavilion and possible early spring openings there.

I was on the phone with DSS making FP changes today, and I asked if they knew anything yet on Space, and she still said "winter".
Very curious, and with the surprise FP spring for MMRR today, I hope they surprise us with an opening soon, and ADRs. 🤞

(PS. Didn't realize there was a middle finger emoji on here, clicked it first instead of fingers crossed :oops:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter