SPACE RESTAURANT WATCH THREAD—Entrance photos post #1609!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything we know about Space 220:
  • It will be in Epcot near Mission Space
  • It will open in 2019 Winter 2020 March 30, 2020 Some point in the future (There has been absolutely nothing confirmed regarding when it will open)
  • It will appear as if you were dining in space
  • It will have food
  • It will have lots of beer/wine (more than 1,000 bottles of the world’s finest wines and a wide selection of craft beer)
  • It will have an elevator ("a special space elevator that will ascend to the stars! Along the way, viewports will give you an aerial view of Epcot as you travel high above the planet.")
  • It will be ran by the Patina Group
Everything we don't know about Space 220:
  • Exact date it will open, or even month for that matter at this point
  • When it will take ADR (This includes not knowing if it will be before or after it opens)
  • What the menu will be (other than it will feature "modern American cuisine"
  • The cost (including dining credits)
Think that covers it.

see above

So maybe I have missed it with all the mirth, but I will be there in April. Would this restaurant be like any restaurant that just takes walk up seating, or can you get a reservation at the beginning of the day?

see above

Thanks, I thought that I had read people mention that other new restaurants opened initially without ADRs. So for restaurants that did open without ADRs were they just walk up, or could you make reservations early in the day?

Thanks, I thought that I had read people mention that other new restaurants opened initially without ADRs. So for restaurants that did open without ADRs were they just walk up, or could you make reservations early in the day?

The most recent new restaurant at Epcot, Takumi-Tei, had a soft opening were they were just walk-up for a couple of weeks. But, there has been no Disney official information about how Space 220 might open.

For Skipper Canteen, you could make reservations early in the day.

FWIW - I am able to find a BOG breakfast or lunch resv every trip I go. Since they changed the DINNER to 2 dining credits, with a menu that doesn't appeal to me, I haven't even tried to book that. At best, the original 1 credit Lunch and Dinner was mediocre, but it was always fun to just eat there - that space is fabulous. The food, IMO, is only "eh..." YMMV, as some really like it. For me, I can get my "BEAST CASTLE FIX" with breakfast or lunch.

FWIW - I am able to find a BOG breakfast or lunch resv every trip I go. Since they changed the DINNER to 2 dining credits, with a menu that doesn't appeal to me, I haven't even tried to book that. At best, the original 1 credit Lunch and Dinner was mediocre, but it was always fun to just eat there - that space is fabulous. The food, IMO, is only "eh..." YMMV, as some really like it. For me, I can get my "BEAST CASTLE FIX" with breakfast or lunch.

same here - haven't gone since the change, but last few times we booked prior, was easier for us to get BoG than Sci-Fi or Beaches and Cream

I sure hope it isn't "BOG" popular as I've been trying for 6 years and still haven't scored a dinner reservation.
I know BOG is popular but this just blows my mind. We went at the very end of 2012, in 2015, and we're going next month and we've gotten a dinner reservation every single trip. We must have great Disney luck or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter