SPACE RESTAURANT WATCH THREAD—Entrance photos post #1609!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw this, apologies if it's already been posted! Not sure if this is reliable info or more rumor, but passing along:

Theme Park Tourist (today):

"After missing its initial Winter 2019 opening date, it looks like the revised March 2020 opening has been once again pushed back, and we are now reportedly looking at an April 2020 opening... Though this is definitely a bummer, according to sources familiar with the situation, the delay is due to a large custom-made pane of glass that broke during construction. Because of the size and shape of the glass, a replacement needed to be custom fabricated and ordered, a process which will take several weeks, which is why we're seeing another delay."

Soooooo, I'm guessing this means I won't be eating here on my Feb/Mar trip without a time machine......:confused3

We’re going early in June and this is a “must have” ADR for us!

If it is opening early April, I hope they release the ADRs at least a week or two before the restaurant opens. Come on Disney!

If it is opening early April, I hope they release the ADRs at least a week or two before the restaurant opens. Come on Disney!
Ha! June? I'll believe that when I see it! :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

(not being mean, just that it was a *must* for so many of us saying back to November. So just try to temper expectations and think of it as icing on the proverbial space cake!). :P
By the time it's ready, there might actually be real space elevators for NASA to replace rocket launches!

At this point it says ADRs will not be available. This can change at any time but if this is a 'must have' for you, you may wish to have a backup plan.

Doh!! I was thinking Dining Plans. Need my morning coffee!

Last edited:
This can change at any time but if this is a 'must have' for you, you may wish to have a backup plan.

I actually already have another ADR for our Epcot day booked--but hoping to be able to switch it over. I actually think that it makes sense for them to do no ADRs the first few days and then start letting people book ADRs pretty soon into operation. IF (yes, a huge "if"!) the restaurant actually opens in April, I would guess that ADRs would be available by summer. I think we're all just waiting and hoping at this point though! :fish:

I really hope they have ADR's! I guess they aren't going to release them until they have a firm opening date because they don't want to have to call people that already have an ADR. My 180+10 is coming up very soon and I'm bummed that I won't get the 10 day lead time to get a jump on booking for August.

Now that they’ve pushed opening to April 2020, I had to drop back in to see if there were any calls to rename the place “Space 420”. It really just makes too much sense and has brand synergy. Whether it’s the opening date, or the overall theme of getting guests as high in the sky as possible, or to explain the slacker attitude in finishing the place or providing updates, or the fact that whomever is doing the planning is clearly under the influence, or that all of these setbacks are because the interior design team is still looking for a rug that will, like, tie the whole restaurant together, man.

That said - I’m there that week and do hope it opens as it’s high on our to-do list. Not holding my breath though (no puns intended).

We are going 4/4-4/11 and was hoping to snag a dinner at S220 but i'm actually relieved that it wont be opening in time. Even if it opens the week we are there (our luck) we have decided it isnt worth waiting in any soft opening lines and dealing with a brandy new launched (pun intended) restaurant still working out a crap-ton of kinks.

The ownership group is still posting up new jobs for bartenders, hosts and cooks so its obvious they aren't even close. Construction is one thing, but if you don't have the right team in place forget it - it will be a disaster meal. I'm happy we cut the cord and can focus on maximizing our time elsewhere.

For those who are going later in 2020, im looking forward to seeing the reviews and I hope you land the perfect ADR and have a wonderful time.

We are going 4/4-4/11 and was hoping to snag a dinner at S220 but i'm actually relieved that it wont be opening in time. Even if it opens the week we are there (our luck) we have decided it isnt worth waiting in any soft opening lines and dealing with a brandy new launched (pun intended) restaurant still working out a crap-ton of kinks.

The ownership group is still posting up new jobs for bartenders, hosts and cooks so its obvious they aren't even close. Construction is one thing, but if you don't have the right team in place forget it - it will be a disaster meal. I'm happy we cut the cord and can focus on maximizing our time elsewhere.

For those who are going later in 2020, im looking forward to seeing the reviews and I hope you land the perfect ADR and have a wonderful time.

I suspect some of these job postings are a result of people not being able to wait around for an eventual paycheck. It's very possible they had plenty of these spots filled, but people had to bail because they need to get paid. while Disney/Patina may have paid them during training, I doubt they'd be willing to pay them for this long lull between previously anticipated opening windows and the current anticipated window. Unlike a head chef, a cook or bartender probably can't afford to sit around and wait for the opening.

Can someone tell me where exactly this restaurant is located? I read its next to Mission Space, but we were there in October and I somehow didn't even notice it. Now I feel stupid for missing it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter