Spending my birthday in Disney! Oct 2010 PTR - UPDATED 10/11 TR STARTED

It's funny because my sister's BF Rob was at a wedding recently and the groom is actually friends with Steve. So when Rob saw Steve at the reception, he totally took a stalker pic with his cell phone and sent it to me! And you can tell that Steve totally knew he was being cell phone stalked! :rotfl2:

:rotfl: I probably would've done the same thing! Tango is from NJ, about two towns over from where I work. If he ever happened to walk into my office one day, I would have a total stalker moment.

Love the travel aisle in Target! I really want to try those Wisps-- do they work well??
I love that you went to Home Depot just for LGM's!!

yay for single digits!!!:cool1:

I was at Target yesterday getting all of our travel things also...my target didn't have that cool pack that you bought. :sad1:

Love the travel aisle in Target! I really want to try those Wisps-- do they work well??
I love that you went to Home Depot just for LGM's!!

Those wisps are pretty good! They're good to have in a pinch and they work better than gum.

When we were in HD, Kris was like "Why can't you get a different color?" He just doesn't get it! :laughing:

yay for single digits!!!:cool1:

I was at Target yesterday getting all of our travel things also...my target didn't have that cool pack that you bought. :sad1:

The target by my house had a ton of them but we went to the Target by Kris and I had to search for them. I found one right away and had to look in every bin for another one for my sister. They were hidden under other things!

Okay, love the tops! Especially the first one!

HHN looks goooodddd this year. I totally recommend getting the "fast passes" however. They're so worth it. We went one year without the fast pass and made it into only 3 of the Houses. We did the fast pass the next year and were able to go in all of them!!
I'm not a huge fan of Universal/IOA so the rides weren't super important to us- although I love the MIB and Mummy ride!

I will have to go read the SVH blog!! Too funny! I'm so so excited for the new book and the movie!! We'll have to have a major discussion about both!

You scooped up some good stuff yesterday! That travel kit looks nice!

Kris better use his sunscreen :laughing:! It's so miserable to be burned but its even worse to be burned while at Disney.

LGMH! Too cute. Love the keychain idea! We always put our extras in our hotel room window or take multiple colors from Home Depot to make a more colorful display.

How was the Resident Evil movie?

I was so pumped for the hockey games! We Tivo'd one last night and are going to watch later.

This.Trip.Is.So.Close!!

1 week from today, 10/4, we will be on our way to Disney World!

Our flight is at 1:45. I haven't decided if I'm going to stay at my sister's the night before or not but what I do know is that my cousin is going to drive up and leave his car at my house and I'll drive us to my sister's. She's the meeting point for the day. I'm also going to pick up Alex and drop him off at Hertz (he works for them and got us great deals) and he'll pick up the SUV we're taking to the airport. I'm hoping to leave my sister's by 10-10:30. On a good day, the ride to the airport should take 45 minutes. But since this is NJ and we have to cross 2 bridges and take the Belt Parkway, it may take a little longer than that. We're giving ourselves 2 hours just to be on the safe side. If we get there early, great. Terminal 5 is Jet Blue's headquarters and supposedly really nice.

Our flight lands around 4:30. We'll make our way down to baggage claim while Alex goes to get our rental car. Hopefully by the time he gets the car and gets back to us, we'll have all the luggage and then we're off to Pop Century! I'm hoping to get there by 6.

Once we're checked in and we drop the bags in our room, I'll take a quick shower to refresh and change into my outfit for that night :)

SAM_0021.jpg

Then we're off to MK! The park is open until 10pm and has EMH that night so it's really open until 1 AM! :woohoo: I haven't decided if we're going to eat at Pop before we leave for the park or get something at MK. I guess it depends on how hungry everyone is. I definitely want to see MSEP and Wishes this night. And must do rides are HM, POTC, and all 3 mountains. I think we can get that done. :thumbsup2 Probably head to Space Mountain first since that was down for refurb last year when I was there. I think it's a good first ride, yes/no? I don't know if we'll all make it until 1 AM but I'm determined to stay as long as possible, until I'm about to drop. MK is my favorite park!

I can't believe I'll be there one week from today! :yay:

Okay, love the tops! Especially the first one!

HHN looks goooodddd this year. I totally recommend getting the "fast passes" however. They're so worth it. We went one year without the fast pass and made it into only 3 of the Houses. We did the fast pass the next year and were able to go in all of them!!
I'm not a huge fan of Universal/IOA so the rides weren't super important to us- although I love the MIB and Mummy ride!

I will have to go read the SVH blog!! Too funny! I'm so so excited for the new book and the movie!! We'll have to have a major discussion about both!

You scooped up some good stuff yesterday! That travel kit looks nice!

Kris better use his sunscreen :laughing:! It's so miserable to be burned but its even worse to be burned while at Disney.

LGMH! Too cute. Love the keychain idea! We always put our extras in our hotel room window or take multiple colors from Home Depot to make a more colorful display.

How was the Resident Evil movie?

I was so pumped for the hockey games! We Tivo'd one last night and are going to watch later.

This.Trip.Is.So.Close!!

Thanks!

I don't know if we're going to get the express passes. It's already going to cost us over $100 for the tickets and I don't know how crazy everyone will be about spending even more money for the express stuff. I don't even care about the haunted houses lol. I'll be happy to wake through the scare zones and go on the rides. I guess it depends on what everyone wants to do.

The SVH blog is hilarious. Just google 1BRUCE1 and the link should be the first one.

I really don't want Kris getting sunburned. He's insisting that it won't be that hot while we're there. :sad2:

I like how my keychain turned out! I'll have to take a pic of it. I hope I see other DISers there. I love impromptu DIS meets. :)

7 more days!

omg too funny, we plan on being in MK next Monday night also. Those EMH are just too good to miss! A few years ago, my mom and I went for the new years fireworks and MK was open until 4 am. UNHEARD OF. Well I told my mom there was no way I was going to make it until 4, and she agreed. We said we would probably make it until 1, maaaaaaybe 2 am. We walked out of MK the next morning at 4:15 am lol. There was NO lines, NO people. It was a-mazing. And after we left, we drove around the cabins at fort wilderness looking at all the cool xmas decorations until 5am.

While we were there, I spotted a "dog" running around, rolled down the window and called it. IT WAS A WOLF! not a dog, stupid me:rotfl:How dare I not know that wolves roam the cabins in the ealry am hours? The security guard said they are there all the time. how crazy is that!?

Definitely a good idea to give yourself enough time to get to the airport! We stayed at my dad's in the Bronx the night before we went on our last trip-- should have been, oh, 20 minutes to get to JFK. (Thanks for nothing, Google Maps) Nope, almost an hour! And this was a Sunday, too! Good luck with the bridges! You'd always rather be at the airport too early than scrambling at the last minute!
Definitely think Space Mountain is the perfect first ride!

omg too funny, we plan on being in MK next Monday night also. Those EMH are just too good to miss! A few years ago, my mom and I went for the new years fireworks and MK was open until 4 am. UNHEARD OF. Well I told my mom there was no way I was going to make it until 4, and she agreed. We said we would probably make it until 1, maaaaaaybe 2 am. We walked out of MK the next morning at 4:15 am lol. There was NO lines, NO people. It was a-mazing. And after we left, we drove around the cabins at fort wilderness looking at all the cool xmas decorations until 5am.

While we were there, I spotted a "dog" running around, rolled down the window and called it. IT WAS A WOLF! not a dog, stupid me:rotfl:How dare I not know that wolves roam the cabins in the ealry am hours? The security guard said they are there all the time. how crazy is that!?

4 am??? :scared1: I would love that! And I would've been walking out at 4:15 with you. :rotfl: Maybe we'll see each other at MK! Look for my LGMH :) It'll be on my VB bag which is bright pink, can't miss it, be on the look out. :laughing:

Remind me never to stay at FW. If I opened my cabin door in the early morning and saw a wolf outside, I'd freak. Or I'd think it was a husky and do what you did. :rotfl2:

Definitely a good idea to give yourself enough time to get to the airport! We stayed at my dad's in the Bronx the night before we went on our last trip-- should have been, oh, 20 minutes to get to JFK. (Thanks for nothing, Google Maps) Nope, almost an hour! And this was a Sunday, too! Good luck with the bridges! You'd always rather be at the airport too early than scrambling at the last minute!
Definitely think Space Mountain is the perfect first ride!

:headache: That is what I'm afraid of. I'm going to be checking traffic reports like a crazy person. It's after rush hour but the forecast says it's supposed to rain (it could change) and that means accidents. I reallllly hope we make it with enough time to spare.

Hi - I swear I will totally read up on your PTR! :goodvibes

No worries. I know you have a lot going on. :hug:

Thanks!
I really don't want Kris getting sunburned. He's insisting that it won't be that hot while we're there. :sad2:
Insane in the membrane.. :rotfl:Well, I hope he doesn't get burned and he proves us both wrong! :cheer2:

So excited you've got a week left!
I think giving yourself 2 hours is definitely a good idea. Never know about stupid traffic. Your time estimates seem about right! Did you a request a special section of Pop? (I can't remember or not..)

Cute outfit! I don't know about your stomach but I would be starving by the time I got to Pop. Personally, I think it'd just eat there but it's always so much more difficult to do things with a group. DH and I were just talking about that as our MNSSHP group is now 9 people total. We'll never be able to agree on anything :laughing:

Space Mountain is definitely the ride to go on first since it's been awhile since you've done it. We always start left and hit POTC first, unless there's a special circumstance like the Space Mountain situation. We're doing Splash right away for MNSSHP since it's been a long time since we've ridden it (I just am not looking forward to getting wet.. :laughing:)

I can't wait to read the TR! :dance3:

Insane in the membrane.. :rotfl:Well, I hope he doesn't get burned and he proves us both wrong! :cheer2:

So excited you've got a week left!
I think giving yourself 2 hours is definitely a good idea. Never know about stupid traffic. Your time estimates seem about right! Did you a request a special section of Pop? (I can't remember or not..)

Cute outfit! I don't know about your stomach but I would be starving by the time I got to Pop. Personally, I think it'd just eat there but it's always so much more difficult to do things with a group. DH and I were just talking about that as our MNSSHP group is now 9 people total. We'll never be able to agree on anything :laughing:

Space Mountain is definitely the ride to go on first since it's been awhile since you've done it. We always start left and hit POTC first, unless there's a special circumstance like the Space Mountain situation. We're doing Splash right away for MNSSHP since it's been a long time since we've ridden it (I just am not looking forward to getting wet.. :laughing:)

I can't wait to read the TR! :dance3:

That's what I'm saying! :laughing: The forecast says it's supposed to be 85 and sunny everyday so far :)

We didn't request a section but I did request a king room for Kris and I. I've stayed in the 80s and the 50s twice. I wouldn't mind staying in either again but I'm hoping for the 70s. I don't really want the 90s. The pool area is boring the decor on those buildings are kind of boring to me.

We'll probably end up eating at Pop. I'm sure we'll all be starving by then!

I can't wait to go on Splash. That's one of my favorite rides. Hope you don't get soaked. Just hope your boat gets in the tunnel before one comes down!! That's the only part of that ride I get nervous on. If you luck out, you get, well, splashed for lack of a better word haha.

:rotfl: I probably would've done the same thing! Tango is from NJ, about two towns over from where I work. If he ever happened to walk into my office one day, I would have a total stalker moment.

Well, if that ever happens, make sure you stalk him for me too, please! :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

1 week from today, 10/4, we will be on our way to Disney World!

:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

Yeah...last year, we ended up having an unexpected heat wave when we were there! It was in the mid to high 90s the entire time! The CMs kept talking about how it was "unseasonably warm." :rotfl2: And I have pics from our Oct 2007 trip of us standing in line for Kilimanjaro Safaris...it was like 9:15 in the morning and it was so hot we were sweating just standing there. I use the same sunscreen that you bought (the spray stuff) and it's awesome, I love it!

Well, if that ever happens, make sure you stalk him for me too, please! :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

Yeah...last year, we ended up having an unexpected heat wave when we were there! It was in the mid to high 90s the entire time! The CMs kept talking about how it was "unseasonably warm." :rotfl2: And I have pics from our Oct 2007 trip of us standing in line for Kilimanjaro Safaris...it was like 9:15 in the morning and it was so hot we were sweating just standing there. I use the same sunscreen that you bought (the spray stuff) and it's awesome, I love it!

I love that kind of sunscreen. I just spray it and that's it. Wow, I sound lazy. We went around the same time last year, I remember how hot it was and that's what I warned Kris about. His reaction 'No way, it's October, it doesn't get that hot down there.' I guess he missed the day in school when we learned that the closer you are to the equator, the hotter it is. :rolleyes:

Before I recap Day 2, I wanted to post what I did with the LGMHs. I took two and glued them together so they'd be colored on both sides, wrote my DIS name on it, and made a little keychain.

SAM_0040.jpg

My hipsters :)

SAM_0041.jpg

One week from today, 10/5, it will be...MY BIRTHDAY! :woohoo:

Outfit for the day:
SAM_0025.jpg

I think I've decided on the shirt to the left. It's looser and I think it will keep me cooler.

We'll sleep in a little bit this day since we will have such a busy Day 1. Then we'll head out to AK! I'm hoping to be there by 11-11:30 at the absolute latest. My sister loves this park so I'll let her set the wakeup time ;) We'll do all the major attractions: KS, EE, It's Tough To Be a Bug, Dinosaur, Kali River Rapids, maybe Primeval Whirl. Definitely walk through the trails and maybe Rafiki's Planet Watch if everyone is feelin it. I'd also like to see FotLK, maybe the parade. Lunch that day will be CS. The suggestions I've gotten are Flame Tree BBQ and Pizzafari? Any other good CS places in AK?

Since I don't think there is enough in AK for a full day, I'm thinking we should be done before park closing. We'll come back to Pop and everybody can do what they want. I promised Kris some pool time so I'm sure we'll end up at the Hippy Dippy Pool for a little while. Maybe squeeze in a nap.

Then it's time for dinner at Ohana! Our ADR is at 8:05 so I'm shooting to get there by 7:45 to check in. I've decided on the dress to the left.

SAM_0023.jpg

I have some blue and green jewelry in different shades that I can wear with it.

Our ADR is for 6 people (this is when I thought my other cousin was coming) so I asked my friend Annemarie, who will be down in FL that week, if she'd like to come with us too. I'm really looking forward to dinner at Ohana. I definitely want to order a Lapu Lapu! :) After Ohana, I think we're going to go to Jellyrolls for a bit. I've never been there. I hear it's similar to Pat O'Briens in Universal and I absolutely love that place. Has anyone ever been there?

That's Day 2! 6 more days to go! 4 days of work left! :goodvibes

Your keychain is really cute! And I'm lovin those hipsters!

Happy Almost Birthday!! :dancer:

Good choice on the outfit.

We've never done CS at AK-- I'm interested to hear which you do and how it is!

I agree AK doesn't take the whole day. Naps and the pool sounds great!!

Love the left dress! It's going to look great with the accessories!

I've never been to Jellyrolls but I've heard it's fun! Honestly, I'd consider heading to CityWalk at Universal for your Birthday celebration.

Can't believe it's so soon!

I think you'll have a great time at Ohana-- they definitely treat larger parties better than small ones!

Just finished reading from about 16 or so pages back.

yYour plans looks awesome and totally coming together. :goodvibes

And yea, for free universal tickets!!! :cool1:

I'm definitely not doing the Horror Nights at Universal, but def going for at least one day to Universal. Just gotta plan that one correctly. Are you going with parkbag or not? I'm not sure if I want to deal with lockers.

The clothes look super cute, especially the pretty blue Loft and the cream shirt.

Your keychain is really cute! And I'm lovin those hipsters!

Happy Almost Birthday!! :dancer:

Good choice on the outfit.

We've never done CS at AK-- I'm interested to hear which you do and how it is!

I agree AK doesn't take the whole day. Naps and the pool sounds great!!

Love the left dress! It's going to look great with the accessories!

I've never been to Jellyrolls but I've heard it's fun! Honestly, I'd consider heading to CityWalk at Universal for your Birthday celebration.

Can't believe it's so soon!

Thanks! :goodvibes

I've never done CS at AK either. It'll be a new experience for sure.

I think we're just going to hang around Disney for my birthday. I've always wanted to try Jellyrolls and never have and I've been to CityWalk plenty of times. Plus it's a lot quicker to drive back from the Boardwalk to Pop than from CityWalk. If Jellyroll's is lame, then maybe we'll go to Citywalk.

Less than a week! :banana:

I think you'll have a great time at Ohana-- they definitely treat larger parties better than small ones!

I went to Ohana with a bunch of people on last year's trip. We had a blast and got one of the best table's in the place; facing MK so we could see Wishes!

Just finished reading from about 16 or so pages back.

yYour plans looks awesome and totally coming together. :goodvibes

And yea, for free universal tickets!!! :cool1:

I'm definitely not doing the Horror Nights at Universal, but def going for at least one day to Universal. Just gotta plan that one correctly. Are you going with parkbag or not? I'm not sure if I want to deal with lockers.

The clothes look super cute, especially the pretty blue Loft and the cream shirt.

Yay, you're all caught up! :goodvibes

HHN will be a game time decision. It's looking more like a yes right now but we're not getting our tickets in advance. It'll depend on if it's not sold out once we get there. I'm not bringing a bag to Universal. It's too much of a pain to get a locker anytime I want to go on a ride. For the coasters, I understand but for stuff like MIB? :confused3 I'm just going to bring a small wallet and my camera. Hopefully they won't hassle me about that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter