Spending my birthday in Disney! Oct 2010 PTR - UPDATED 10/11 TR STARTED

AHHH we are such dorky kindred spirits!! I LOVED Sweet Valley High. You will have to keep me updated on that scoop too. Wouldn't it be magical if the release of that movie coincided with our tour? haha. Any word on who will be playing the girls?

I can't believe how close you are!! You better be sending me oodles of pics from that fancy new phone of yours lady!!

I love your outfit choices! They are perfect, especially the dress for Ohana's. I can't believe you can count the days on ONE hand now!!

AHHH we are such dorky kindred spirits!! I LOVED Sweet Valley High. You will have to keep me updated on that scoop too. Wouldn't it be magical if the release of that movie coincided with our tour? haha. Any word on who will be playing the girls?

I can't believe how close you are!! You better be sending me oodles of pics from that fancy new phone of yours lady!!

Sweet Valley High was awesome. I was also a fan of Babysitters Club. :rolleyes1 There's no information on the movie. I don't think it will come out until 2012 or 2013.

I promise I will send you lots of pictures!

I love your outfit choices! They are perfect, especially the dress for Ohana's. I can't believe you can count the days on ONE hand now!!

Thank you! I can't believe it's so close! :goodvibes

One week from today, 10/6, is Epcot Day!

Outfit for the day:
SAM_0024.jpg

Since we'll be out celebrating my birthday the night before and considering Epcot has EMH that night, we probably won't get there until late morning/early afternoon. I'm thinking between 11 & 12 so we can sleep in a little. Our first stop will be Soarin to get a FP because for whatever reason, that ride is always insanely busy and runs out of FPs. I like Soarin but I don't get the demand. :confused3 It's Epcot's mystery, just like Peter Pan is to MK.

We have an ADR at Biergarten at 4:25. We'll go back and do any attractions we missed after our ADR and then it's time to enjoy the Food & Wine Festival. I'll be hightailing it over to Poland (pierogies anyone?) and Montreal for some cheddar cheese soup. Yes, I'll eat soup in almost 90 degree weather. I love soup. :) And to cool off after the soup, kaki gori from Japan! Yum! I'm sure we'll do some of the World Showcase attractions, specifically the Mexico boat ride (I forget what the official name is now) and Maelstrom.

I also want to take a walk over to the Boardwalk area and maybe stop in at Beaches & Cream over at the BC. I've talked up the ice cream so much and Kris loves ice cream so maybe we'll stop there and split a sundae. Wow, I'm really eating a lot this day huh? :rotfl: I also went on and on about Stormalong Bay so I want him to see that too. And maybe we'll take a longer walk over to Fantasia Gardens and play a round of mini-golf. This is turning out to be quite the ambitious day!

We'll stay in Epcot until whenever we get tired. I believe they're open until midnight for EMH. I'm sure we'll stay late enough to see Illuminations. While I'm not a huge fan of the show, I do enjoy walking around WS at night. When we're ready to drop, it's back to Pop we go! There's a big day ahead of us for Day 4! :)

3 days of work left, 5 more days of the waiting game!

Definitely sounds like a packed day-- and packed full of food! Mmm, I can't wait to see the Food and Wine pictures!
I agree with Soarin-- it's okay, but I don't really understand the hype.
Haha, I saw your response to Kimmy-- I was also a huuuuuge Babysitters Club fan! I still have all of my books at my mom's house-- although she threatens to throw them away! :scared1: lol

Definitely sounds like a packed day-- and packed full of food! Mmm, I can't wait to see the Food and Wine pictures!
I agree with Soarin-- it's okay, but I don't really understand the hype.
Haha, I saw your response to Kimmy-- I was also a huuuuuge Babysitters Club fan! I still have all of my books at my mom's house-- although she threatens to throw them away! :scared1: lol

I think I'm going to gain about 5 pounds that day. Food baby! :rotfl:

I loved the BSC. I had a ton of their books and read Sweet Valley Kids and Sweet Valley Twins when I was younger. Than as I got older, I started reading Sweet Valley High and became obsessed with that. That is still one of my favorite board games of all time. :rotfl2:

There's a blog on the internet that writes fan fiction and combines the BSC/SVH worlds when they're all grown up.

I was just thinking about the Babysitter's Club the other day! I loved that series! It was one of my favorites (next to Nancy Drew, of course! :rotfl2: )

Soarin' is one of my favorites but even I don't understand why the line is always so long. Now that Future World will be open til 9pm, maybe the crowds will lighten up a bit. But the only thing I can think of is that there aren't really any other major rides in Epcot beside Mission: Space (which a lot of people won't ride), and Test Track. :confused3

I was just thinking about the Babysitter's Club the other day! I loved that series! It was one of my favorites (next to Nancy Drew, of course! :rotfl2: )

Soarin' is one of my favorites but even I don't understand why the line is always so long. Now that Future World will be open til 9pm, maybe the crowds will lighten up a bit. But the only thing I can think of is that there aren't really any other major rides in Epcot beside Mission: Space (which a lot of people won't ride), and Test Track. :confused3

BSC was the best! I used to watch the movie all the time. :rotfl: I have to see if I can find my books...

I like Soarin, it's relaxing, but I really don't get why the line is the way it is. It's always at least a 60 minute wait, maybe 40 if you're lucky. And everytime I'm in line, people are freaking out because they have a fear of heights and think they'll hate the ride. :confused3 Weird.

BSC was the best! I used to watch the movie all the time. :rotfl: I have to see if I can find my books...

I like Soarin, it's relaxing, but I really don't get why the line is the way it is. It's always at least a 60 minute wait, maybe 40 if you're lucky. And everytime I'm in line, people are freaking out because they have a fear of heights and think they'll hate the ride. :confused3 Weird.

My books are still at my mom's but I know exactly where they are. I'll collect them from her someday!

I don't get the line either. Maybe because it's kind of a long ride and they only have like 6 actual ride rooms? It's not continuously moving like practically every other ride in WDW, so maybe that's what slows it down?

My books are still at my mom's but I know exactly where they are. I'll collect them from her someday!

I don't get the line either. Maybe because it's kind of a long ride and they only have like 6 actual ride rooms? It's not continuously moving like practically every other ride in WDW, so maybe that's what slows it down?

I have no idea where my books are. I thought they were in this crawl space in my room but I checked yesterday and nope! :confused3

I hate that even when you get a fast pass for that ride, you still end up waiting 20 minutes!

This is perhaps my most anticipated day of the trip.

One week from today, 10/7, I will be in Islands of Adventure. HARRY POTTER, HARRY POTTER, HARRY POTTER!

If you couldn't tell, I love Harry Potter. :lovestruc

Outfit for the day:
SAM_0032.jpg

The shorts look black in the picture but they're actually dark brown.

Today is going to be a looooong day. This will be a day where we wakeup early and I'm so happy we'll have a rental car. I want to get to IOA for opening and go right over to WWoHP first thing. I can't wait to see Hogwarts and ride Forbidden Journey. I you-tubed the ride and found a 15 minute video of the wakthrough of the castle. It looks awesome! Couldn't really see the ride itself because it was so dark but I did see the Sorting Hat! He's right before you board. :goodvibes I am so, SO excited!

After I get my fill of WWoHP (no one but my sister is nearly as into it) we'll head over to Jurassic Park beacuse I promised Kris that's what we'd do next. He loves JP. Then we'll work our way around the rest of the park. IOA is open until 7 but I'm thinking we'll be done with the park before then. I'm hoping we can have dinner at CityWalk, maybe Margaritaville since that's the best place EVER. Anyway we'll have dinner somewhere before heading to...

Halloween Horror Nights! My cousin Adam was really pushing for us to go to this and it's only $35 when you already have a park ticket so...why not? We're not planning on buying tickets until that morning so hopefully it's not sold out. And it could be because Steve and Tango from Ghosthunters are going to be there! :goodvibes I'm totally going to geek out over Harry Potter and the Ghosthunters all day. I love that show. I hope we're able to get tickets so the others can see Universal Studios and ride their best rides. The Mummy, Simpsons, MIB, and Jaws are all open during HHN. Does anyone know why RRR is closed?

So if we do go to HHN, you can see why this will be a very long day. HHN goes til midnight. Not sure if we'll make it after being up at the crack of dawn for WWoHP. I guess we'll see! :)

4 days to go! :banana: Only 2 days of work left! :woohoo:

I can't wait to hear how the F&W Festival is this year! The Mexico boat ride and Maelstrom are the best! I'm a sucker for ride like attractions. I wish there were more in the WS but I get it :laughing:.

How is Beaches and Cream? We've never been. Is it really good?

I looked for my BSC books yesterday and couldn't find them. I called my mom to see if she knew where they were-- she threw them away! I was upset! I probably wouldn't read them again but still! BSC!!

HARRY POTTER!! Your outfit is too cute for HP day! Thank goodness you have the rental car-- good decision!

I also saw the Castle walk-thru! It looks AMAZING! I have a couple of friends who went and said the castle walk thru is better than the ride itself!

I can't wait to hear how HHN is this year! The last time I went was for it's "Sweet 16".. it was a blast.

I have to be honest, out of all your days, I think I'm most excited for this one!! (I'm being a Disney traitor.. but Harry... you know..)

So excited for you!!

I can't wait to hear how the F&W Festival is this year! The Mexico boat ride and Maelstrom are the best! I'm a sucker for ride like attractions. I wish there were more in the WS but I get it :laughing:.

How is Beaches and Cream? We've never been. Is it really good?

I looked for my BSC books yesterday and couldn't find them. I called my mom to see if she knew where they were-- she threw them away! I was upset! I probably wouldn't read them again but still! BSC!!

HARRY POTTER!! Your outfit is too cute for HP day! Thank goodness you have the rental car-- good decision!

I also saw the Castle walk-thru! It looks AMAZING! I have a couple of friends who went and said the castle walk thru is better than the ride itself!

I can't wait to hear how HHN is this year! The last time I went was for it's "Sweet 16".. it was a blast.

I have to be honest, out of all your days, I think I'm most excited for this one!! (I'm being a Disney traitor.. but Harry... you know..)

So excited for you!!

Beaches and Cream is great! The food isn't very fancy or anything, just burgers and hot dogs, but the ice cream is so good. The sundaes are HUGE! And the decor is just really cute, it looks like a 50s soda shop and everything is pastel. Love it there!

I have a feeling my BSC and SVH books made their way to the trash. :( I did see on ebay that you can buy like 30 books for $10 so I may do that for nostalgic purposes.

I cannot wait for Harry Potter! I'm seriously going to freak out in line for that ride. :rotfl: I'm going to keep yelling "OMG, Dumbledore! OMG, HARRY! OMG, Sorting Hat!" Pretty good chance I'm going to embarrass everyone I'm with. :lmao: I told Alex I was going to call him a Muggle all day cause he has no idea about anything regarding HP.

3 days, 3 days! :yay:

It's October! I can officially say I'm going to Disney World this month! :yay:

It's also my last day of work until October 12. :woohoo:

So Day 5, 10/8, we will be heading to....Hollywood Studios! (Still doesn't feel right to be calling it that).

Outfit for the day:
SAM_0031.jpg

Depending on how long of a day we have in Universal, I'm not sure what time we'll get to DHS. I want to shoot for as close to park opening as possible so we can go to TSM and get fast passes and possibly wait in stand by for the ride too. I really want that to be our first ride of the day. I love it!

We'll of course do ToT and RnRC too! Great Movie Ride & Muppetvision are also must do's. I know Kris wants to see the Indiana Jones stunt show so I'll make sure we do that too. The guys might want to see Lights, Motor, Action as well so we'll make time for that if that's what they wanna do. Maybe the backlot tour and I think I'm going to be forced to sit through American Idol by my sister and Kris. I'm sorry but Ryan Seacrest's voice makes my ears bleed.

I would also love to do the Animation Academy. I drew Eeyore and Mickey last year! I love the One Man's Dream exhibit too but I think that's closed for refurb while we're there.

We have an ADR for Sci Fi around 2pm. I'm looking forward to that, I haven't been there in a few years. I hope everyone enjoys it. We'll probably do CS for dinner. I have my heart set on Pizza Planet. ;)

There is no Fantasmic this night as far as I know. Unless they've changed it. This will be one night where we get back to Pop at a fairly normal time!

3 more days to go! I'll update with our last day :( at some point tomorrow. It's going to be a busy day because my family is coming over to celebrate my birthday since I won't be here and then I'm going out that night with my friends to an 80s club. I hope to hear some NKOTB. :thumbsup2 Then on Sunday, I'll be doing laundry and packing and any last minute stuff but I'm sure I'll have time for one more post before I go.

Have a great weekend!!

Love your shirt for Day 5!
Pizza Planet is the best CS in DHS! Ahh, good luck with American Idol. I stopped watching the show a few years back, so I have zero interest in seeing the attraction. Maybe it'll surprise you!

Love your shirt for Day 5!
Pizza Planet is the best CS in DHS! Ahh, good luck with American Idol. I stopped watching the show a few years back, so I have zero interest in seeing the attraction. Maybe it'll surprise you!

Thanks!

I am NOT a fan of Idol. I watched the very first season and after that it just got old. I don't know why they haven't cancelled it since Simon left. :confused3

I'm looking forward to this day but I'm not. Because it's the day we leave :( But our flight isn't until 7pm so we have most of the day to enjoy at Disney World.

We'll wake up around 8 or 9. I'm hoping to have most of my stuff packed up the night before and just throw the last minute stuff in my suitcase. We'll check out :( and probably just put the luggage in our car. Can you do the resort airline check-in if you're not using ME? That could also be a possibility.

Here is my outfit dujour:
SAM_0029.jpg

After check out, we'll head to the Contemporary because we're having breakfast at Chef Mickey's! Well, a brunch really. Our ADR isn't until 11. Not too early, not too late. Just perfect.

I'm not sure what we'll be doing the rest of the day. I usually like to go to MK on my last day but it depends on what everyone else wants to do. I would think since that park is just a monorail ride away and we'll only be there our first night that everybody would probably want to re-do a few attractions there. We have enough time to re-do any favorites at the other parks as well. This is the one day where I don't really have anything planned. :confused3 We'll just play it by ear.

After our last magical day, we'll head off to the airport and it's back to NJ we go. :( And just thinking about it is making me sad and I haven't even left for Disney World yet!

I can't believe it's only 2 days away! :goodvibes

I always like leaving the last day open-- you never know what you'll feel like doing! Brunch at Chef Mickey's is perfect way to cap off the trip.

TWO DAYS oh my gosh!!!

All of your outfits are sooo cute. My favorite is the one you are wearing to DHS with the leopard print tank.

It is so fun to be able to say "I'M GOING TO DISNEY THIS MONTH" isn't it?

:cool1: I bet you are off the walls excited! :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter