Spin Cycle Journal (Comments Welcome)

Had a lot of success today. No Diet Coke. Only 3 pieces of gum. Plenty of tea and fluids. Researched menu options before my lunch out and did well. Took DS out to a pizza buffet and managed to eat before! Went to Target and was pretty amused that all I bought was sparkling water... Weight 181.2

Sat

Reported in to MD yesterday. It did not go super. When I was weighed last week, I told them they had to be off as I was 5 lbs lighter there. Lord knows I gave up my old scale as I realized it was under weighing me when compared to my gym and primary MD scales. Instead of rechecking she told me they had a magical scale. They also measured me and took my fat % with a hand held omron device. Friday they weighed me at 179 and 3/4. This was close to what I was at home. 180.8, but she was stymied as then by their measurements I had gained weight in my first week! She realized I was not upset and changed their initial weight to my starting home weight. But then she did my fat reading and it was up. That was weird. Then she measured me and even some of those were up. That upset me. I am working very hard on this effort and she gave me some lame response about how my skin was lying as my fat decreased... What? Then she inquired if I was exercising and I said I had only managed 2 20 minute walks. She blamed all of this on that minuscule exercise! I wanted to point out Simeon was not opposed to exercise, but the Naturopath MD himself corrected her. He asked if I was down and I said by my scale I was down almost 4 pounds since Monday. He said good. I left with not a very positive feeling. His office assistant said, now don't get upset! And really, that was exactly what I was. Upset and not motivated.

So I drove to work and had an awful day. Budget stress, hr issues, all too many demands on my day. I only had one piece of gum. Kept drinking tea, coffee, water. But that am appt was festering in the back of my mind. I did not cheat at work. As usual my brat came out at night. DH marinated the lean steaks and complained they would be tough as they were lean. They were not too bad, but I reminded him I had tried to meal share the protein this week. Then we opened up a bday package. I got sent jelly bellies and tootsie rolls. I was doomed. I allowed myself 3 tootsie rolls after dinner. I tried to stop and drank some sparkling water. I brushed my teeth. I wound up eating a few jelly bellies too. I just kept thinking about that appt. such classic emotional eating! Finally I pulled myself together and went to bed.

Today I am down to 179.0. Clearly I have a long road ahead in dealing with my internal brat who thinks she deserves to eat sweets for any little blip in the road. Sigh. So I am thankful to be seeing the 170s on my scale. I think I will ask DS to pull the sweets into his bedroom hidden.

Had some cautious success yesterday. Took DH to eye clinic for checkup and new glasses. I whipped up a protein shake with some strawberries and ice so I would not be hungry or feel deprived as I knew hanging with him is TROUBLE.

Sure enough we got out of the eye clinic and he was hungry. So we wound up at one of our favorite places to chill with our DS - Chili's. Ha ha. He loves their tortilla chips and queso dip. He was very sweet and did not order that! I have to admit his fajitas smelled fantastic. I ordered the carribean salad with grilled chicken. Dressing on the side. I split it in half and at the other half for dinner last night. I really do like that salad and it was a bit off protocol with the dried cranberries, mandarin oranges and pineapple. But it was good to not feel deprived. I was over 500 calories, but I also succeeded in watching TV without snacking mindlessly. Much better control over the tootsie rolls and jelly bellies too. DS has almost wiped them out so the temptations are nearly gone.

Time to tackle Sunday. Weight same at #179.0

So I blew it yesterday. Today's weight up one pound: #180.0

Back on track and thankful to be at work away from DH.

After church yesterday we went to Red Lobster. I did fine there. Drank water only. No cheddar biscuits. Had lunch sized blackened tilapia and broccoli with a plain house salad. I got full and could not finish broccoli or all of fish.

The trouble was dinner. DH wanted to eat out for his bday. I ate 3 chicken wings, the broth from french onion soup, a house salad with some vinaigrette and some provel cheese (I took off most of it), and about 10 pub chips. I did manage to drink just water. During dinner, DH said, "How long is this going to be going on?" Sigh.

When I got home, I ate a full size Milky Way bar. Talk about doing oneself in.

But I did learn something. Diet Coke does not taste good now. The Milky Way did not taste good either.

So it is Monday and I need to remember that eating so clean has already started to impact my taste. What I am craving might not even taste good...

Having some anxiety at night, but managed to just chew some Extra gum and powered through without eating anything. Technically sugar free gum with aspartame is not allowed, but if one or two pieces of gum keep me from eating at night, I will accept that aspartame for now in that time slot.

Very thankful Diet Coke does not taste good any longer. I am planning to just stick to iced tea and coffee for caffeine now. Also trying to focus on how that Milky Way bar tasted yucky so hopefully I will steer clear from a lot of this processed junk I have been addicted to.

My paleo book came. Guess I will be reading that while I keep pushing on HCG.

Weight today: 178.4

I have lost six pounds in 10 days. I am pretty concerned about Superbowl Sunday.

Had a good night last night overall. I was really tired and worked a long day. I came home and baked some frozen sole (not too bad!) and asparagus (not too bad!). DS and DH wolfing down Pizza Hut. DH tried to get me to eat Pizza Hut, but I stayed firm. Once I figured out my calories, I realized I had 100 left for the day. I decided to cheat and ate some microwave popcorn rather than have a second fruit. I guess I was craving some GRAINS and SALT. It tasted really good and I enjoyed it. The really nice thing about this cheat was it was not really unhealthy - just off diet. Also I did not feel driven to eat more. It was the last thing I ate and I was OK with that.

Weight today 177.2.

I have a long way to go, but at least I am motivated and on my way. I am thinking about how long of a HHCG round to do, Phase III, and whether I should plan on a second round of HHCG or just try transition to Paleo eating to drop further weight. But in reality I need to just take one day at a time. Today is day 11. Feb 17th is day 30 for me, so I have plenty of time to decide if I am going to go for 40 days.

Friday night was fine. I think I did eat a Vitamuffin.

Saturday was fine until late afternoon. Ate some dried fruit and nuts, then ate a real dinner (spaghetti and turkey meatballs), then ate a Milky Way bar. Again the Milky Way bar did not taste good! Hello? Start eating better nitwit!

Sunday I did not eat until dinner as I knew the super bowl was going to be a problem. I had 2 glasses of wine (tasted great!), a half of a baked potato, and some prime rib, and asparagus. Then I ate two good sized brownies.

So today I am #178.0. Trying very hard to get back on track.

One good thing is exercise I went to the gym on Sunday for an hour. On Friday night I did a short Zumba class on the Wii.

Soooo. Not a good week for HCG diet. Monday night I went out to eat. I ate one half of a hoagie roll and some fresh potato chips. Otherwise I was on protocol all day. Tuesday when I weighed in I was up 1.8 pounds. Not surprising given the cheating going on! I sent an email to my MD and tried to wrap my head back into the very low calorie mindset.

Last night I did fine until 10 PM when I ate some trail mix. Too late at night and not on protocol. Sooo. Today's weight is only down .4 from the gain. I weighed 178.4. Going the wrong way.

Doing fine at work today. I am going to throw the trail mix out even though it is a high end and 'healthy'. It is not such if I overeat that and it is a trigger.

Still thinking on Paleo eating after HCG. It is hard to think about giving up grains, but I think it is a way of eating I should try out for a few months and see how it goes.

Well, I thought of this journal on Wednesday night. When I opened the garage door, I could see DH. His very posture and wooden face alerted me something was seriously wrong. He is being let go from his position. I flashed to my struggles in losing weight and his crisis in 2007-2008 which are documented here. Hopefully I learned from that experience.

SO - no emotional eating on Wednesday night. Stayed PERFECT.
Thursday DH's official terms for severance and transition were arranged. Super tough day as I was trying to stay focused at my work. Ate very well all day. Today I am down to 175.0, so I have finally kicked my superbowl cheats to the door and lost 2 pounds. I am visualizing me hitting my ten pound mark of loss tomorrow. Planning to go to the gym after my MD weigh in.

2/9. 174.0. I have now managed to lose 10 pounds. I did go to gym for an hour.

2/10- Got a long gym work out in (75 min). Weight was up a bit.
2/11- Weight still up a bit. Walked 30 minutes, wii dance 2 songs.
2/12 - long day at work, dentist, guitar. Really wanted to stress eat, but did not. Just put myself to bed.
2/13- Weight 174.0 Doing good today so far. It is Ash Wed. A good day to fast. ha ha.

Still hanging tough on HCG. I saw md for last check in. On Friday I weighed 171.8. Today I was 172.0. I am pretty tired but also now planning to go 40 day round. Md was ok with this approach. Exercise challenge I am up too 300/560. Allowed myself some cheats on sat. I have been under a lot of stress with DHs job loss, but doing OK.

I am pretty sure I am going to try leptin reset to maintain for a bit then either return to hcg or work to lose weight with paleo.

2/27. Hanging tough. Ate way too much food last weekend, but hammered down this week. Today I weighed 172.0. Working on not night eating. DH helping me with his tea habit. Read about some rogue hcg people eating 800 calories. Considering doing that approach to finish my current bottle while also focusing on exercise and fortitude with no night eating.

On Mon night I had a half of Hershey almond bar. On Tues night I ate the other half. What an amazing thing to not feel compelled to eat the whole thing at once (as if it would be stolen from me!).

So. #171.4 today.

:) Did not exercise as I had hoped this month. I think I will try to tackle this issue in March.

Hmm. Lost my post from yesterday. In Feb I only managed 54% of my exercise goal. I think I had only calculated 20 min qd. But I am now setting some new goals as I stop hHCG and generally try to refocus on upping my calories and increasing exercise. This morning I re-read my old Wish journal. I know I can do this.

Weight: 171.4 holding
March goal, lose one lb per week.

Exercise 20 min qd.
3/1: walked 20 min at work
3/2: 30 min cybex, 20 min arm machines
3/3: plan is gym
3/4: plan is walk at work as dinner engagement

Work is going to be nuts this month. DH has been downsized as well so my stress is very high. I will reassess DIET again for April focus. Whether I do another round of hHCG, Adkins or Paleo...

Peace to my codependent self. This is one of the ways I can take care of myself.

Did kettlebells during strength leg machines to keep HR up. Exercise total: 110/620 so far.

Eating OK. Better than usual.

Last night DH wanted something in particular for dinner, so while he ran to the store and cooked it, I slipped on my workout gear and went into the basement to spin. Got 35 minutes in (previously reported). Calories were OK last night, but wound up eating 2 samoa gs cookies (which is one serving). That satisfied me and I was off to bed as new Spiderman movie was boring to me.

Weight: #171.0

So I looked back thru my journal and I have not weighed this low in exactly 3 years. We are about to get a warm up too, so I am hoping to get a long walk in outside soon!

Exercise Goals
Thurs: walk at work (parent teacher conferences tonight)
Fri: get up and spin (try to get ahead of time change!)
Sat: GYM
Sun: GYM

I would really like to see 170.4 on Saturday to make my one pound a week goal...

Well I did it. I lost a pound this week. Weight 170.4. I did walk at work on Thursday. Missed exercise yesterday during long work day.

Yesterday afternoon a coworker tossed a handful of tootsie minis on my desk. I could not resist them and ate them all. I had a glass of wine at dinner. DH and I split our cod special. When the included dessert came, I was truly full. It was a small bowl of bread pudding. I was really proud of myself to just eat half of it as I remembered the tootsie rolls, the wine and how quickly 1200 calories go! When I estimated my calories on MFP, I was only 2 over.

As for April, I am seriously thinking about hHCG for one more round. What I think I will change is my exercise as in increase it compared to Jan.

I am really proud of myself with the snacking,

I did manage to push thru the rain and went to the gym for an hour. 230/620 for March goal. Goal is 20 min qd, so the weekend longer work outs are important with work so nutball crazy. Time change usually wipes me out and weather looks blah for next week. I actually have to walk around and tape up flyers next week, so I have an excuse to walk!

Exercise Plan
Sun -gym
Mon - Spin
Tues - Guitar/Walk at work
Wed- HAIR: Spin am?
Thurs: Walk @ work/Spin
Fri: Gym?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter