Spinoff: what were your best hotel breakfasts?

Camden On The Lake - Lake Ozark, MO (they only do the buffet during busy season though).

Holiday Inn Resort - Panama City Beach, FL

I don't know if butter is that much of a strange request, but ketchup is a bit odd in France.

I know of this takeout place operated by a French expat in my area. He has some incredible potato sides like these creamy potato puffs made from potato puree with a crispy shell. He also has some killer fries. I've seen people ask for ketchup, and he obliges. I thought it would be something exotic, but I saw him just taking a Heinz squeeze bottle and squeezing it into little takeout cups.
We spent a few days in Paris in May and ate at 7 or 8 different restaurants. Not once were we served butter with the bread service. What's with that? France was the one place on earth I never expected to be stingy with the butter. :confused:
Our hotel in Quebec City included a breakfast picnic basket every morning. It included croissants, pastries, fresh fruit, fresh squeezed OJ, homemade jam and yogurt. We could customize it to our taste. I don't like a full sit-down breakfast in the morning. It was nice to have something to eat in the room before going out for the day. Anything left over we saved for snacking later.
:goodvibes We stayed at the Pacific Shore Hotel on Waikiki Beach and they offered a grab-n-go breakfast picnic every day that was similar to what you describe. The food may not have been (objectively) spectacular, but the amazing promise of beauty and adventure that every morning held really enhanced it, KWIM? I have extremely fond memories of it.

Our "best" breakfast would have to have been at the Emerald Lake Lodge in the Canadian Rockies; a spectacular place renowned for it's cusine. In fairness, it was part of a gourmet-getaway package weekend and light-years away from your basic chain hotel continental breakfast.

We spent a few days in Paris in May and ate at 7 or 8 different restaurants. Not once were we served butter with the bread service. What's with that? France was the one place on earth I never expected to be stingy with the butter. :confused:

:goodvibes We stayed at the Pacific Shore Hotel on Waikiki Beach and they offered a grab-n-go breakfast picnic every day that was similar to what you describe. The food may not have been (objectively) spectacular, but the amazing promise of beauty and adventure that every morning held really enhanced it, KWIM? I have extremely fond memories of it.

Our "best" breakfast would have to have been at the Emerald Lake Lodge in the Canadian Rockies; a spectacular place renowned for it's cusine. In fairness, it was part of a gourmet-getaway package weekend and light-years away from your basic chain hotel continental breakfast.

I had to make it myself by arduously boiling water on a camp stove, but my breakfast of Korean style instant noodles was really satisfying at Upper Pines Campground in Yosemite. It might have had more to do with my view of Half Dome than the actual taste of the food. I've also been backpacking and even Quaker instant oatmeal (a backpacking staple) feels so good waking up in the middle of the forest. As long as a bear doesn't manage to swipe the food first.

Another vote for the Embassy Suites chain when I want a convenient and affordable meal to start the day.

Every time I am in Vegas I have breakfast at Mon Ami Gabi at Paris Hotel, the atmosphere is great and so is the food and coffee
mon-ami-guide.jpg

Every time I am in Vegas I have breakfast at Mon Ami Gabi at Paris Hotel, the atmosphere is great and so is the food and coffee
mon-ami-guide.jpg

We stayed there around Christmas 2012. We actually did the 24 hour buffet cycle, although I only managed dinner twice and breakfast at Le Village Buffet. Still ahead on costs, but I think we could have gotten more out of it by sacrificing some health and finding lunch somewhere. Not sure you'd call it a hotel breakfast though. The crepes were made to order.

I've heard of some guys who paid for the 24 hour buffet and managed to hit every place it covered including the ones with upcharges.

We stayed there around Christmas 2012. We actually did the 24 hour buffet cycle, although I only managed dinner twice and breakfast at Le Village Buffet. Still ahead on costs, but I think we could have gotten more out of it by sacrificing some health and finding lunch somewhere. Not sure you'd call it a hotel breakfast though. The crepes were made to order.

I've heard of some guys who paid for the 24 hour buffet and managed to hit every place it covered including the ones with upcharges.

I been seeing that deal also, lol, now I love to eat but that isnt for me, I like to have a nice big breakfast when I wake up, early supper 4-5, then maybe an ice creme before going back to room, or to take with me. Now thats the life for me

Not that I'll ever go there (I loathe Las Vegas) but I'm intrigued. :scratchin What is the "24 hour buffet cycle"?

I been seeing that deal also, lol, now I love to eat but that isnt for me, I like to have a nice big breakfast when I wake up, early supper 4-5, then maybe an ice creme before going back to room, or to take with me. Now thats the life for me

It was actually dinner twice at the Rio Canival World Buffet. The buffet at Paris is on the small side.

Not that I'll ever go there (I loathe Las Vegas) but I'm intrigued. :scratchin What is the "24 hour buffet cycle"?

It's the Caesers Entertainment "Buffet of Buffets". Once you clock in by paying for it, you've got 24 hours (breakfast, lunch, or dinner) to enter any of their buffets at their hotels in Las Vegas. They currently have 6 different locations; it was 7 when I did it. When I did it in 2012 the Carnival World buffet at Rio was included in the base price, but Rio's separate Seafood Buffet had an upgrade charge. Now it looks like they've combined the Carnival World and the Seafood Buffet into one location so it's one single entry upgrade charge. There's also a single entry upgrade charge for the Caesers Palace Bacchanal Buffet.

https://www.caesars.com/las-vegas/buffet-of-buffets

It works by going to the first location, where the 24 hours starts as soon as you pay the cashier for the pass. Also, you need to have the receipt and they won't look it up even if you bought it with your player's card (which provides a discount). The key to making it cost effective is to at least get dinner out of there twice. If you get a players card the cost is at most the cost of two dinner buffets. Breakfast and lunch are just gravy. It's also clocked, so you'd need to account for how long you're in line before your 24 hours is up. I suppose the cashiers might have a little leeway to give a grace period but I never tried that out.

Since it's a strict 24 hours, some of that time will be while the buffets are closed.

In Vegas, you can get a 24 hour pass for access to several buffets. Some will try to cram 4 meals to maximize value, while fighting world hunger one mouthful at a time.

Only four? I've heard of some just going in and grazing, then going on to the next place. Someone intent on wrecking havoc could probably enter 15 times.

I'm still not quite sure what it does for the company. It would seemingly encourage customers to maximize time at the buffets, when the real purpose of their business is get people to spend more time gambling.

My favorites will always be Jadini Hotel at the beach in Mombasa. I have stayed many times as a kid and that breakfast, outdoors, while sitting by the ocean, with Kenyan coffee, and all the mangos you care to eat.....can't beat it.

Oh man, we are on vacation now and now I want THAT breakfast in THAT location!

Unfortunately, we are at a Residence Inn in Phoenix and it is just their standard breakfast, but I am thankful there is a breakfast.

A few years ago my GF and I took my DD to Chicago to go to American Girl Place. We got a great deal on a room package at the Drake. Breakfast was included as part of package. It was a fabulous meal with lots of choices and great service. Overall, the stay was very ritzy.

The White Swan Hotel in Guangzhou China. It offers an gourmet international selection. It was fascinating to see and try items from all over the world.

You beat me to it! That was the first one that came to my mind. If you don't mind my asking, are you an adoptive parent? I know people from all over the world stay there, but it's pretty much always one of the stays for adoptive parents in China (that's why we stayed there).

Not quite on the same level as the White Swan, but we do appreciate the free breakfasts at Marriot Residence Inns. They also have a lighter dinner or appetizers offered Monday-Wednesday evenings. It saves our family of five a lot of money on trips--our kids LOVE big breakfasts

Just got back from our Adventures By Disney Danube River Cruise and our pre cruise hotel through Disney was the Kempinski in Budapest. Breakfast was included and it was awesome. A big array of all sorts of hot and cold items. Lovely pastries and breads, fresh juices, lots of different type of spreads and jams....so good. They even had a server stop at every table with a specialty pastry. Plus it was in a lovely venue.

MJ

You beat me to it! That was the first one that came to my mind. If you don't mind my asking, are you an adoptive parent? I know people from all over the world stay there, but it's pretty much always one of the stays for adoptive parents in China (that's why we stayed there).

Not quite on the same level as the White Swan, but we do appreciate the free breakfasts at Marriot Residence Inns. They also have a lighter dinner or appetizers offered Monday-Wednesday evenings. It saves our family of five a lot of money on trips--our kids LOVE big breakfasts

Hi, yes we're an adoptive family. We were there in 2000 to bring our daughter home and again in 2010 for a homeland tour. It really is an incredible hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter