Spinoff: WORST (or least favorite) Play/Musical you have been to

Love Letters I saw a production with George Hamilton and Joan Collins. Joan Collins was amazing. George Hamilton has a tan. That was it. He was AWFUL!
I saw a production of Les Mis that was just terrible. There have been many community productions I haven't been a huge fan of, but I try to behave myself and not criticize too much.

Straight Play: The Graduate. Based on the movie. Kathleen Turner was Mrs. Robinson. She was good and was stark naked for about 20 seconds. The rest of the cast (Jason Biggs (American Pie) as Benjamin and Alicia Silverstone (Clueless) as Elaine were mediocre. It wasn't really bad, but I expected much better.

Musical: Rent. Didn't care for the story line and the whiny Gen X slacker characters.

Grease on Broadway....the show itself was OK but I was so disappointed in the set....it looked so amateurish and for the money we paid I expected more than painted cardboard!

MJ

Grease on Broadway....the show itself was OK but I was so disappointed in the set....it looked so amateurish and for the money we paid I expected more than painted cardboard!

MJ

Anyone famous in the production you saw? I saw the ‘90s revival and Sheena Easton was Rizzo. It was good but I’m a fan of the original and the film.

Anyone famous in the production you saw? I saw the ‘90s revival and Sheena Easton was Rizzo. It was good but I’m a fan of the original and the film.

I honestly don't remember as it was years ago. I just remember saying "this is it" compared to seeing Beauty and the Beast when it first was on Broadway with their lavish costumes and set for about the same money.

MJ

Another vote for "Cats"which apparently was a favorite of almost every one of my house guests for too many years. Eventually, I just made sure they had tickets and saw the show w/o me.

I have mixed feelings about Les Miserables. I mean, I love it, but it has like 4 melodies, which gets a little irritating.

Phantom of the Opera. It was just disappointing. It didn’t help that they had a mic issue with the Phantom during “Music of the Night.”) I had seen the movie, but my sister hasn’t, and she was so lost in what was going on.

Cats, ironic...given my avatar, but I just couldn't get into it.
Cats!!! I am also cultural and have a refined taste in the arts but still left the show. Granted I saw it on a cruise (the oasis of the seas). But from rWhat I read about the show on the ship is just like the Broadway show and also from the quality of the singers and dancers which is sad. My husband is also the type that would never ever leave the show and would normally suffer through it. He bolted with us to after 20 minutes out the door
CATS! I love cats as an animal. But cats have nothing to sing about. :headache: :p That was the worst 80 min of my life I'll never get back. :badpc:
CATS- didn’t even have to think about it 😂
Another vote for "Cats"which apparently was a favorite of almost every one of my house guests for too many years. Eventually, I just made sure they had tickets and saw the show w/o me.

I thought I was the only person on Planet Earth who hated Cats. I have sat through shows that I would never go back to see again, but Cats is the only one I actively disliked.

Urinetown. My son's high school did it. It wasn't even good with a kid in the lead who had been to Hollywood on American Idol...so I'm pretty sure I just don't like the show.

Carousel. The story was sad, none of the music was really catchy, and we only went because it was a R&H show. We never watched the movie previously.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter