Splash Mountain wetness level

godfather927

Mouseketeer
Gonna be going to MK last week of April (usually we go in Jan when it's not as hot) and have never been on Splash Mountain. Now that the kids are older, I'm considering it for the first time, especially if the heat is going to be unbearable. But I also hate walking around with wet shoes/socks, so was wondering if anyone could give me a rough idea of how likely I am to be soaked if we go on this, or if it's better to save it for another trip.

It's likely not that hot in April. But your definition of too hot might be different from mine.

I'd suggest bringing along a dry bag or just ziplock to toss your shoes and socks in and wear flipflops or something on the ride.

We rode it most recently last month (March). Mild wetness, not soaked at all (not to the level you're describing, which is more possible on Kali). We were in the front. Water came from the sides on rebound splashes more than anything. My back was sort of wet (and hair). But it dried within 20 mins.

I think it depends on where on the log you're sitting. On my last trip I rode it twice, once in the back and once in the front row. In the back I did not get wet even a little tiny bit. In the front my shirt got wet on one side but my pants were soaked. This was in late Feb when it was 90 out so I wasn't complaining.

Last edited:
I'm also pretty sure they can adjust the force of the waterfalls and splashes, so the warmer the weather the wetter you'll get; I think they do the same thing with cannon shots on Pirates. Even in August I've never had particularly wet shoes or socks. Most dampness is from splashes on your shirt, or your backside from sitting down in a wet log.

It's likely not that hot in April. But your definition of too hot might be different from mine.

I'd suggest bringing along a dry bag or just ziplock to toss your shoes and socks in and wear flipflops or something on the ride.
No stroller this time, so we're packing light and flipflops aren't in the cards. Probably would just pass on the ride if this is the only ride that requires us to bring them.

We rode it most recently last month (March). Mild wetness, not soaked at all (not to the level you're describing, which is more possible on Kali). We were in the front. Water came from the sides on rebound splashes more than anything. My back was sort of wet (and hair). But it dried within 20 mins.
This is good to know as we were considering this one also. Maybe I can just take my socks off and go barefoot in my shoes, which I hate doing but maybe our best option.

We rode it a few times our trip a few weeks ago and was in the front and the 3rd row. Front we got splashed from the sides a bit - not soaked but our shirts & hair were damp. Rode early in the day and were fine within the hour. Second ride was 3rd row, and while we didn't get our shirts or hair wet, our shorts were soaked from water in the channel at the back of the seat. Shoes and socks were mostly fine on both rides.

Kali is definitely a risk of getting you absolutely soaked to the bone. I never ride it anymore because I really don't want to be wet wet in the parks. I'll ride WDW's Splash any time of year, though, because it typically isn't bad. I'm sure people have gotten really unlucky on Splash and gotten fully soaked, though. Just seems rare to me.

I agree that they seem to adjust the water some in cooler months from the fountains/overflow etc. I've gotten way more wet in warm months than cooler ones. I've typically got far more wet from fountains or splashes from other logs then the splash from the drops. That said, I've ridden it and barely gotten a drop of water on me and also ridden it and been VERY wet. Now for whatever reason, my shoes and socks have not typically gotten very wet even when the rest of me gets pretty soaked.

Basically, I don't think it's predictable at all. LOL If you don't want to get wet, I'd either not ride or wear a poncho or something.

Thanks for all the responses! Sounds like I'll need to work it into our plans for sure. And might now save Kali for the end of our day at AK, or just skip it altogether, if it's more likely to get us soaked.

instead of gym shoes, can you maybe wear a good pair of sandals? Like Teva’s or Keens?

I was in the front row once my got entirely soaked on one side of my body. Hair was wet on one half, dry on the other. Luckily it was summer and I dried out quickly. My whole family filled the boat and they barely got wet including my son sitting next to me.

More likely to get top half wet then your shoes since they are somewhat protected by the log. Your but can get a little wet from seat being wet.

End of day is a good strategy ;)
This is what I do so I just have the wet trek back to the room. Sometimes I catch an incredible view of the fireworks as we climb up the drop. I ask to sit in the back and usually not too bad. I have a ziplock bag for my phone - the complimentary themed ones are usually gone by the end of the day and may not be offered anymore - and sometimes wear my poncho. Like PPs mentioned, beware the fountains at the beginning of the ride. They are sneaky.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter