Splurge or save - studio or 1 bedroom

Fingers crossed for the cabins. They will only have 30 for DVC owners to reserve and they can not reserve until April 23rd. It might be better to book copper creek or Boulder ridge with David’s instead and boat over there.

Glad your DD is ok with split stays. Our family is not a fan of having to unpack everything and repack to unpack again.
Neither is ours:) We like to get in and totally unpack, none of us likes living out of a suitcase and the packing cubes did not work for us either. My DW and DD's have to try on at least 2-3 tops and bottoms before deciding on what to wear. that day. LOL But based on the Deluxe prices, we may have to go back to splits once in awhile.

Luckily for us, our family loves sharing a room and we do not "need" a lot of space. As you can see in our signature, we have stayed at all 3 levels and have absolutely no issues staying at a value over a Mod or Deluxe. Forus, it's all about the family and not the resort. We have had some great memories because we are all together and no one can go off into a separate room. None of us needs a totally dark or quiet room to fall asleep (especially at Disney) so that is never an issue. We have had a lot of fun memories, from our DDs and DW getting ready all together in front of the mirrors, to all of us laying in bed after a full day at the park talking about our favorite moments etc.
I totally appreciate that. We are a close family but with me being an only child, and my daughter, we need our space if only for self regulation!

Neither is ours:) We like to get in and totally unpack, none of us likes living out of a suitcase and the packing cubes did not work for us either. My DW and DD's have to try on at least 2-3 tops and bottoms before deciding on what to wear. that day. LOL But based on the Deluxe prices, we may have to go back to splits once in awhile.
I'd prefer to just stay put but the cost savings, plus prepping our daughter for a Europe trip next year (with moving hotels) wins out!

Thanks for this! I'll take a look at what is available, but renting via DVC points seems to have less options (for the one I use anyway).

We are firm on 7 nights only because the smaller airport by us goes Sunday - Sunday. We could change to Toronto airport if necessary, I just don't like the return times (like 7 am) whereas the smaller one has great times both ways, plus a way smaller airport. We would arrive in Orlando around 10:30 am - so basically we would have 6.5 days there.

We have been back and forth on plans - I'll need to think through it more. We also tend to split up so parents can do rides she won't do, stay out later, etc. That is where the separated room would come in handy (assuming she can't handle staying up late).

I would LOVE to do ft.Wilderness - but I don't see it listed as an option (the cabins). I'm not sure if they have been released yet? I thought I read March, so maybe I can look into it. I'll look into the price. If I could get that I think a split stay would be ideal (keeping POFQ for part, or switching to CBR for skyliner).

And yes - way too many good options! We keep staying at AKV because we LOVE it, but we really want to try something new.

If you want to price out the cash option for Ft. W cabins, booking for the general public begins on March 21.

We spend a lot of time in the room and also have an only child - DD12. We usually do 1 or 2 bdr because we also need our privacy. But we love YC CL and Riv studios so we "sacrifice" space for those.

It looks like $600, but I'm not sure that's official
We spend a lot of time in the room and also have an only child - DD12. We usually do 1 or 2 bdr because we also need our privacy. But we love YC CL and Riv studios so we "sacrifice" space for those.
I really wanted Riv or GF and would do a studio at either, but they place I book from doesn't have any availability. I'm going to check around for others!

How do you feel about cooking in room? Make a few meals....even if they are frozen something , throw in oven vs chicken nuggets in park, can off set the cost between studio and one bedroom. Not totally, but a help.

How do you feel about cooking in room? Make a few meals....even if they are frozen something , throw in oven vs chicken nuggets in park, can off set the cost between studio and one bedroom. Not totally, but a help.
I don't feel good about that! Haha. We did that when we went when she turned 3, but now she requires so much food and I want a vacation from cooking. Breakfast is fine, that's it!

Save the money and stay in one room this trip. If you don’t like it you’ll know going forward but if it works ok you’ll be able to show her more places in this world since now you’ll know you can stretch those vacation dollars further.

I don't feel good about that! Haha. We did that when we went when she turned 3, but now she requires so much food and I want a vacation from cooking. Breakfast is fine, that's it!
Yeah, we went on a trip about 3 years ago with our 6 grandkids. Breakfast in room, Moms took care of that. I made pb &J or you could make your own deli sandwich , brought those and juice boxes into park. Many dinners back in the room. We ate maybe 4 CS meals in park and a few ice creams. But for the whole week, for 10 people , we paid roughly $1,000 for the week. Lot of work, but one of my memories is seeing all the kids crammed around the table eating dinner at disney. Of course the next min, it was kids bouncing off the walls, but we block those out.

We just thought with that many kids, it's faster to cook fish sticks and mac and cheese then trying to order 12 meals. And then the spilled drinks, dropped drum stick on ground, etc.

Yeah, we went on a trip about 3 years ago with our 6 grandkids. Breakfast in room, Moms took care of that. I made pb &J or you could make your own deli sandwich , brought those and juice boxes into park. Many dinners back in the room. We ate maybe 4 CS meals in park and a few ice creams. But for the whole week, for 10 people , we paid roughly $1,000 for the week. Lot of work, but one of my memories is seeing all the kids crammed around the table eating dinner at disney. Of course the next min, it was kids bouncing off the walls, but we block those out.

We just thought with that many kids, it's faster to cook fish sticks and mac and cheese then trying to order 12 meals. And then the spilled drinks, dropped drum stick on ground, etc.
that totally makes sense! our kiddo is a good eater and loves eating out, as so we, it's half the fun!

we decided to stick to moderates and use the savings for bonus summer trips!

If it's going to break the bank, go with the smaller room, you're still going to be at Disney and will have an amazing time! But, if the budget allows, I'll always go for the bigger room. Even if you don't fully use the kitchen, having it available for leftovers and a few drinks/food items can be so nice, but also having the separate bedroom for privacy, and the full living room for gathering can be wonderful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter