Spoodles ??

We did what you are talking about last year - also a midweek night in late October.

Our PS was for 5:00. By the time we got seated and ordered and ate, it was going on 7:00pm - we didn't get dessert. We decided to take a cab over to MGM - faster - to be assured of seats for Fantasmic. We did get seats - but taking the boat would have been close.

We were eating with the slow crew - two preschoolers, two seniors - neither set was going to be rushed. Our server was exceptionally chatty - very nice, but added 15 minutes to the meal. Our PS was for right when the restaurant opened, but they weren't ready to open that night, so it was 5:15 before we were seated. We spilled wine and broke the wine glass - adding another 15 minutes worth of clean up with our chatty server. Then there was the problem of Seashore Sweets being next door......

I didn't enjoy my food, but suspect I misordered and it just wasn't to my taste. The flatbread was delicious. The server was great - if you didn't mind chatty.

You can make it, but I'd recommend being ready to order when you sit down, be ready to take a cab if you are running late, and be prepared to skip dessert. Its probably worth mentioning to the server as you sit down that you are trying to be in MGM by 7:15 for Fantasmic.

Thanks, crisi! It will just be the two of us so ordering, etc won't take long. Maybe we'll head over to the Boardwalk area early and if we're hungry we can try to get an earlier seating. I don't mind getting back to MGM early since we can go on Tower of Terror a few (dozen... ;) ) more times.

We might not be hungry too early, though, since we're planning on eating at Prime Time for lunch, unless we do a light lunch. I usually do one good meal a day with the other counter serve and one snacks. With my DH going this time (and no kids) we'll probably be doing a whole lot more eating than we usually do. There goes the budget! :teeth:

T&B

Spoodles will be the perfect dinner - just skip the entree. Its a tapas restaurant, which means you and hubby can order a few appitizers and make a meal.

They do have entrees, but the tapas are what they are known for. Plus, it will be fast.

We're vegetarian and I've heard that Spoodles makes a really good vegie plate. I don't think it's on the menu, but will ask about it. I've never been there and am looking forward to trying it!

T&B

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter