Spring Break - Last Minute Planning

So sorry for your loss. Alzheimer's is an absolute thief. A little blessing in disguise to get to extend your trip and visit your grandma. Travel safe!

I'm so sorry for your loss, I'll be praying for your family.

It is good that you'll be down there to visit with your Grandmother.

I am so sorry for your loss. My grandma suffered with Early onset Alz for 24 years! It was brutal, I was relieved when she finally passed and her body could reconnect with her soul. I hope you have the most fun on your trip, your grandfather would want that.

I’m so sorry for your loss, Ariella. It’s always hard even when people hang on much longer than we expected. I’m sure your grandmother will love your visit!

Again, have a wonderful trip. Many hugs! :hug:

I am so sorry for your loss! I hope you can spend some time with your family members and recount the good memories!

Have a safe and fun trip!

Sorry for your loss! It's nice you'll be in the area.

Have a great trip!! I was surprised how many Oga's reservations were available when I looked, totally different than Disneyland (or at least Disneyland 2 years ago when we went).

Tinkerbell will be leaving out little Easter Baskets.
Love that!
Magic Kingdom is open 8:00 AM - 11:00 PM today. So, extra morning hours are 7:30 AM. So, we will need to be up early. But hopefully after a rest day, it won't be too hard to do.
Early entry makes such a difference. I recommend checking out the eggs at the GF that day too.
We do have a Oga's Cantina at 9:30. I liked that it was basically when the park closed. Which I had 9:15 orginallly and moved it to 9:30 when Disney extended the close time. WHICH there was a suprising amount of times to change to. Like almost all day! Is Oga's no longer a must do?!?! You could also book as late as 10:15 and maybe 10:30!
Oga's was an once and done for me....
We will want to see the Indian Jones show, and Gwen will want to see Muppets 3D. And def want to do any rides that we didn't hit the night before. Sooooo probably another genie+ day.
Two fab attractions right there!
We can get our names on the list. And then wonder around a bit. get dole whips, check out the gift shop and just enjoy the resort for a bit. I know we will have to wait some but hopefully not hours and hours. I guess we could hop on the monorail and see a different resort if the wait is really long.

I am hoping we can get in, have a drink and then maybe do a mini monorail crawl. I didn't really come up with a good "plan" for the mini monorail crawl. So, we will just have to play it by ear.

And I am hoping we can be back to Wilderness Lodge in time for the Electrical Water Pagent. That will be a nice way to end the night and head to bed at a reasonable time!
That's the perfect ending to the night!
So today has been a whirlwin of figuring out plans. My grandparents live in Seabring, Florida. It's about an hour directly south of Orlando. So, for better or worse we will be in the area.

So, our trip has been officially extended. we are now flying home Monday day. So, we have the weekend at the end of our trip to go see my grandmother and family that is down there. Sounds like they aren't doing a service till the end of the month. So it will be just be a nice visit.

So, I went online to see what I can get for hotels. We are thinking of staying on property and just taking a day trip down. So, I just booked Coronado Springs in the regular rooms for the 3 extra nights.

And we are keeping it up in the air as to what we want to do. I'm not sure yet when we will visit my grandmother or if we will do 1 more park day or not. All is very unclear right now....

Which just feels crazy!

Needless to say, it's been crazy week. This will probably be my last post before the trip. I have ALOT to do tomorrow!!! Work is chaotic, I need to go see my mom again before we leave... oh finish packing!!! Speaking of which, I got to go do some more packing and find more clothes!
So sorry to hear this news. I think having time with your grandmother will be lovely and she will appreciate your love and support.
I am so sorry for your loss. My grandma suffered with Early onset Alz for 24 years! It was brutal, I was relieved when she finally passed and her body could reconnect with her soul. I hope you have the most fun on your trip, your grandfather would want that.
I love how you phrased that. My mom has Alzheimers and has been in care the last two years. It's not an easy path at all.

Sorry for your loss❤️ It’s great that you could add on a few days for a visit with your family. Alzheimer’s is such a terrible thing.

As I finished reading this, I realize you’re probably just about there! Have an amazing time. Can’t wait to read all about it.
I just have to say that the brochure you made is brilliant! I’m not tech savvy, but I might need to try that for fARTS next year!!

I love how you phrased that. My mom has Alzheimers and has been in care the last two years. It's not an easy path at all.
Aw thank you. It was a long process for us, and it was like she died years before she did, there was nothing left of her or her personality, so it was truly the reunification of the two parts. I HATE Alzheimer's and I don't hate anything. I started running to fundraise for our local Alzheimer's Association. I've raised over $8,000 towards it over the years. I am so sorry you are going through this too. Sending hugs and love to you as well.

Good Morning Everyone!!!

First thank you for all the kind words! I am just getting back on her after the trip. I truely appriciate it! It is nice to have so many kind people on here to call Dis-friends!

We are back, we had a great trip! Andy's back survived!!! The first few days it would get "tired and sore" but about half way through it kind of stopped and I think all of the moving around and doing things was actually good for it!

We got to see my grandmother and it was a nice visit and she was super happy to see us, so def worth it.

Real life has smacked us in the face these first couple days back! Morgan is in full on end phase for drumline, work has been crazy getting caught back up on everything! But we are slowly getting unpacked. (this is usually a week long process for me!)

I am getting my notes all put together while my memories are all still fresh and hope to have a trip report started this weekend, hopefully!

But I will leave you with this.... Andy and my favorite meal was Eet!!! It was sooooo good! Everyone should go! It's location in Disney Springs isn't great and I fear it won't last. It is the meal I am dreaming of having again. I might have to try and re-create it this weekend.

I’m glad you had a wonderful trip and so sorry to hear about your grandfather! My mom just turned 90, It is hard to believe!
Andi and I tried Eet and would definitely go back!
I’m excited to hear about your trip!

We are back, we had a great trip! Andy's back survived!!
I’m so glad you had a great trip and Andy’s back held up!
We got to see my grandmother and it was a nice visit and she was super happy to see us, so def worth it.
Family time is the best, so great you got to add a visit with your grandma in there.
I am getting my notes all put together while my memories are all still fresh and hope to have a trip report started this weekend, hopefully!
I can’t wait to read more about it!!
But I will leave you with this.... Andy and my favorite meal was Eet!!!
Ah I want to try that place!! Looking forward to the full meal review.

Welcome back!! Glad your family had a nice getaway!!

Quick question-what did you use for grocery delivery this trip? Garden grocer? Can you do alcohol with that order? We've never done a grocery order but thinking I need to for our trip next month.

Welcome back! I’m so glad your trip went well and that Andy’s back held out (and improved!). I was wondering how your week went after all the reports I heard about crowds.

I’m also glad you were able to visit your grandmother. I’m sure she loved and appreciated your visit.

Eet looks like such an interesting restaurant. I’m not sure if it’s my cup of tea (I will eat everything but spicy food) but I look forward to your review. I feel like the placement of the restaurant shouldn’t work against it - I feel like Wolfgang Puck Express always did very well there. I’m actually quite sad WPE is gone as it was my favorite QS place in Disney Springs.

I look forward to your full trip report!

Last edited:
Welcome Back!

It's great to hear you had a really good trip. I bet all that walking did help Andy, he was working the soreness out.

The timing was perfect for a visit with your Grandmother, an extra added bonus.

I totally understand trying to get caught back up on real life.

Looking forward to your new report.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter