Spring Break Rope Drop - less popular rides??

MilitaryMouse

Mouseketeer
If there’s even such a thing! I’ve never gone during any school breaks or even during the summer. But we last minute decided to join some extended family and now are doing the week of 4/11 😱

The rest of the family and my 4YO will be rope dropping to ride Rise. I’d like to find any rides that won’t be packed at opening for my 2YO and I. Does that exist anymore?? Haha. Pooh? Small World? And over in DCA, Little Mermaid maybe? Is there a rope drop strategy anymore? I just don’t have any experience going during peak peak times, especially during the pandemic when it just seems crowded everywhere all the time 😂

We won’t be purchasing Genie+ or ILL, if that matters.

Any advice will be helpful!

I’ll be there an the 11th, solo, and the good news is most magic keys are blocked that week. I have previously travelled as a fam of 5 with one 5-year old too short to ride with his brothers.

That said, for your wee one, head to fantasyland when the rest go to RotR. After you knock out all that (dont forget Casey junior and storybook, and the carousel!) maybe take the double decker bus or other Main Street transport back to the railroad and take the train to New Orleans square. Meander to Pooh… afterwards walk your little to GE trough through the Hungry Bear path and just soak up the ambiance. Continue with your party.

DCA, head to RD Radiator Springs and you do Luigis and Mater while the bigs do RSR, or then to Pixar Pier and rider- swap your heart out on Incredicoaster (my little loved the jessie’s carousel!,) then Toy Story Mania story as a fam, lmermaid, Little mermaid.

Golly! Can i come!?! ;)

If there’s even such a thing! I’ve never gone during any school breaks or even during the summer. But we last minute decided to join some extended family and now are doing the week of 4/11 😱

The rest of the family and my 4YO will be rope dropping to ride Rise. I’d like to find any rides that won’t be packed at opening for my 2YO and I. Does that exist anymore?? Haha. Pooh? Small World? And over in DCA, Little Mermaid maybe? Is there a rope drop strategy anymore? I just don’t have any experience going during peak peak times, especially during the pandemic when it just seems crowded everywhere all the time 😂

We rope dropped on Monday (packed spring break day) and we were able to walk-on Alice in Wonderland, Tea Cups, Pinocchio, and the Carousel in the first 20 minutes the park was open. By the 30 minute mark the lines had gone way up, but Pooh always has a low wait time in the early mornings. My suggestion would be to knock out as many of the Fantasyland rides as you can that have low wait times, then head over and ride Pooh then meet up with the rest of your group.

For DCA, I’d rope drop Toy Story then do Jessie’s Carousel, Emotional Whirlwind, Golden Zephyr, and Ariel. You can probably get all those done in the first hour if you hurry straight to Toy Story.

Be sure to take advantage of the Rider Swap. My husband and I were both able to ride all the rides we wanted and our daughter got to ride them twice thanks to Rider Swap.

We rope dropped on Monday (packed spring break day) and we were able to walk-on Alice in Wonderland, Tea Cups, Pinocchio, and the Carousel in the first 20 minutes the park was open. By the 30 minute mark the lines had gone way up, but Pooh always has a low wait time in the early mornings. My suggestion would be to knock out as many of the Fantasyland rides as you can that have low wait times, then head over and ride Pooh then meet up with the rest of your group.

For DCA, I’d rope drop Toy Story then do Jessie’s Carousel, Emotional Whirlwind, Golden Zephyr, and Ariel. You can probably get all those done in the first hour if you hurry straight to Toy Story.

Be sure to take advantage of the Rider Swap. My husband and I were both able to ride all the rides we wanted and our daughter got to ride them twice thanks to Rider Swap.
This is great advice. If you truly rope drop you can probably hit a lot of Fantasyland rides (I’d skip Peter Pan and do Alice, Dumbo, Snow White, then anything else you can, closing with Teacups, which is a fast loader even if the queue is filled. And then the Carousel on your way out). Maybe Small World after that and then Winnie the Pooh. Check Jungle Cruise and Haunted Mansion on your way to Winnie the Pooh to see if they are still reasonable. Later, I would suggest the Disneyland Railroad, Mark Twain River Boat, Tiki Room and Tom Sawyer’s island. Maybe the Main Street vehicles (which are more fun than you might think).

In DCA, I like the PP’s suggestion of Toy Story, Emotional Whirlwind and Jessie’s carousel (since you will be there anyway) but I’d hit monsters Inc early on if the line isn’t already insane. And also Luigi’s and Mater if your toddler is tall enough. Then I’d got to Little Mermaid and Golden Zephyr.

Later, Philharmagic, Turtle Talk with Crush and the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail.

I’ll be there an the 11th, solo, and the good news is most magic keys are blocked that week. I have previously travelled as a fam of 5 with one 5-year old too short to ride with his brothers.

That said, for your wee one, head to fantasyland when the rest go to RotR. After you knock out all that (dont forget Casey junior and storybook, and the carousel!) maybe take the double decker bus or other Main Street transport back to the railroad and take the train to New Orleans square. Meander to Pooh… afterwards walk your little to GE trough through the Hungry Bear path and just soak up the ambiance. Continue with your party.

DCA, head to RD Radiator Springs and you do Luigis and Mater while the bigs do RSR, or then to Pixar Pier and rider- swap your heart out on Incredicoaster (my little loved the jessie’s carousel!,) then Toy Story Mania story as a fam, lmermaid, Little mermaid.

Golly! Can i come!?! ;)
This sounds like the best day ever! 😍

This is great advice. If you truly rope drop you can probably hit a lot of Fantasyland rides (I’d skip Peter Pan and do Alice, Dumbo, Snow White, then anything else you can, closing with Teacups, which is a fast loader even if the queue is filled. And then the Carousel on your way out). Maybe Small World after that and then Winnie the Pooh. Check Jungle Cruise and Haunted Mansion on your way to Winnie the Pooh to see if they are still reasonable. Later, I would suggest the Disneyland Railroad, Mark Twain River Boat, Tiki Room and Tom Sawyer’s island. Maybe the Main Street vehicles (which are more fun than you might think).

In DCA, I like the PP’s suggestion of Toy Story, Emotional Whirlwind and Jessie’s carousel (since you will be there anyway) but I’d hit monsters Inc early on if the line isn’t already insane. And also Luigi’s and Mater if your toddler is tall enough. Then I’d got to Little Mermaid and Golden Zephyr.

Later, Philharmagic, Turtle Talk with Crush and the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail.

Thank you!! This is super encouraging and more than I hoped for. I was thinking if even just Pooh or Mermaid weren’t super packed, we’d be fine 😂 I totally forgot about the Main St vehicles. Definitely going to try those!

If you are rope dropping, I’d suggest: Peter Pan, Alice, Dumbo, Mr. Toad, P

Golly! Can i come!?! ;)

With reservations basically selling out each day, isn't it better if Magic Keys aren't blocked out? For instance, aren't ticketholders more likely to rope drop, stay all day, and crush attractions?

Whereas Key Holders are more likely to only spend a partial day, not use Genie+, and generally ride less attractions.

With reservations basically selling out each day, isn't it better if Magic Keys aren't blocked out? For instance, aren't ticketholders more likely to rope drop, stay all day, and crush attractions?

Whereas Key Holders are more likely to only spend a partial day, not use Genie+, and generally ride less attractions.

Ah, good point. I am curious to see what the crowds are like!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter