• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Spring Surprise (March 31-April 3rd 2022)

I'm hoping for a return of some of the adventure races I missed out on, like the ToT 10 Miler and the Everest race! We have already booked our spring DVC trip for March 26-31, so I take the dates as a sign to hang around and do the races.

My first run Disney race was Marathon weekend 2020, I’m super excited for this new weekend! I look back and see people talking about ToT and EE and would love for those to come back so I can have a chance to do them! Fun!

I’m hoping for a EE type event with a family option. I had really hoped to do that with my boys, but they stopped before my youngest was eligible….

Do you think they will announce what the events are before Princess registration?

Yay! So glad I guessed the right weekend and grabbed my DVC reservation yesterday before the dates were actually announced 😅 I love spring, so I’m ultra excited for this race weekend!

Jumping into this thread. I have been trying to make my way over to Florida for a spring race for a few years, and I think this might be the time it happens. Also hoping DLP brings back their races in the fall of 2022, and I can use this to get my Castle and Chateau Medal. (Assuming there will be a half.)
I did the EE Challenge twice and would love to see something similar return!

I am very intrigued by this race Weekend and am really considering it! Will these be considered inaugural events? Would be fun to be a part of it.

Let’s hope they have learned to spell inaugural on their merchandise since 2016 lol (it was misspelled both on dark side and wine and dine 10K items)

have pop all booked for the weekend not to wait on registration date to take off work and to see themes/distance

hoping for a 15K or 10 miler for a nice change or maybe an 8K

For those talking about ToT race, I thought it was interesting that one of the pictures at the top of the page for this race is of the Tower of Terror. Also, pic of Everest, maybe? :confused3

For those talking about ToT race, I thought it was interesting that one of the pictures at the top of the page for this race is of the Tower of Terror. Also, pic of Everest, maybe? :confused3
It’s either a wink and a nod of Disney trolling
It also shows Spaceship Earth. Those three icons somewhat represent the three parks that the SW and the W&D half went through. So… I don’t know. 🤷‍♀️

It also shows Spaceship Earth. Those three icons somewhat represent the three parks that the SW and the W&D half went through. So… I don’t know. 🤷‍♀️
I would just love to run animal kingdom period as the in ‘19 I signed up for the wine and dine 5K and the day after AP registration it was announced the race would be in Epcot (it ended up being my favorite costume that run so no complaints but…)

I would just love to run animal kingdom period as the in ‘19 I signed up for the wine and dine 5K and the day after AP registration it was announced the race would be in Epcot (it ended up being my favorite costume that run so no complaints but…)
Same about that 5k… I wasn’t too happy about that. But still, I always enjoy running at Disney!

I'm so curious about this weekend. Hope they add more details before MW registration happens. I can't do two in one year.

Well, I went and booked Pop. Will try to get a DVC at 7 months as our resort did not have any studios left and I didn’t want to burn too many points. But a stay at Pop would be fun also. Of course there is still the whole registration thing to contend with… I am excited by this new race weekend.

Would someone please describe what the ToT and EE races were all about? They’ve been referred to a few times in various threads, and in different boards, but I haven’t found any description as to what they were like and why they were so special or fun.

Also, have I missed information about when RunDisney will be giving more information about this weekend?

Would someone please describe what the ToT and EE races were all about? They’ve been referred to a few times in various threads, and in different boards, but I haven’t found any description as to what they were like and why they were so special or fun.

Also, have I missed information about when RunDisney will be giving more information about this weekend?
Never did either, but just looking them up, both seem pretty neat. ToT was a ten mile race centered on Hollywood Studios, EE was a 5k at AK and that one appears to have had scavenger and obstacle elements of some sort. Also seems like both were night races. Maybe they bring one or both back next year, but the hope is that without the constraints of traditional race weekends, they can get more creative.

No word on when they’ll have more info about this weekend, would hope they put something out before registration for other events start but it’s no guarantee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter