Springtime Surprise Weekend 2024 (April 18-21)

LilyJC

DIS Veteran
Starting to think about which home resort to book for this weekend even though those humid runs are still fresh in our memories! 😵‍💫😆 Anyone else getting ready to book rooms for this weekend soon?!

I am intending to make it 3 of 3 for Springtime Surprise! I have really enjoyed the past two weekends. But I have been cut off from using our DVC points in 2024. We have several other trips in the works so our points are accounted for. I will be breaking our first rule of buying DVC, which was only use points. If you are out of points you don’t go.

So to this rule I am adding an addendum - if you are planning a trip but are out of DVC points because you will already be going to DW three times that year. You could just stay home, but because it is to maintain a runDisney weekend streak then booking at Pop is an acceptable alternative.

I am sure DW will be in complete agreement. Looking forward to 2024!

I am intending to make it 3 of 3 for Springtime Surprise! I have really enjoyed the past two weekends. But I have been cut off from using our DVC points in 2024. We have several other trips in the works so our points are accounted for. I will be breaking our first rule of buying DVC, which was only use points. If you are out of points you don’t go.

So to this rule I am adding an addendum - if you are planning a trip but are out of DVC points because you will already be going to DW three times that year. You could just stay home, but because it is to maintain a runDisney weekend streak then booking at Pop is an acceptable alternative.

I stayed at Pop this year for Springtime, and I thought it was great. I booked away from the pools to keep things quiet around my room. The food court was OK, and I mostly had dinners away from the resort.

If I'm able to register this would be my first RunDisney event! I have wanted to do one for years.

This is a rookie question but when does registration typically open for these events?

We're already booked off-site around that time and I just happened to notice that it coincides with the event dates!

If I'm able to register this would be my first RunDisney event! I have wanted to do one for years.

This is a rookie question but when does registration typically open for these events?

We're already booked off-site around that time and I just happened to notice that it coincides with the event dates!
General registration is August 22.

We’ll be three for three as well as long as registration goes smoothly!

Running out of DVC points just means it’s time to add more! 🤑😉😆 I will say we’ve done 4 WDW trips already this year, and we’re donezo until at least Princess next year. A lot of it is that we’re from So Cal, so the trip over and home along with crazy early race mornings felt like torture at times! 😵‍💫🥴

waiting for themes to see if I want to try to register…
That said have registration date taken off work and as soon as I can book a room only I’ll probably book a just in case placeholder at pop or an all star (and cancel or modify amount of nights/who is staying with in aug)

If you had asked me before this year's SS race (my first SS weekend), I would have said that it wasn't on my calendar for 2024. However, I had such a great time that it's going to be really had to say no.

It's probably going to be another month or so before I can finalize my plans. If my best friend wants to the Princess weekend (she's already doing her first half marathon at DL in January), we'll do that and then if I do Springtime, it'll be a budget trip like I did this year. If she doesn't, I'll probably do Springtime as the second half of my Coast to Coast and make it a slightly longer trip.

waiting for themes to see if I want to try to register…
That said have registration date taken off work and as soon as I can book a room only I’ll probably book a just in case placeholder at pop or an all star (and cancel or modify amount of nights/who is staying with in aug)
I'm waiting for the themes too. I loved the distance and the course, but so super humid. I live in Denver, and it's never humid here. I was prepared for humidity, but it was even more than what I was expecting. If I love the theme, I'll need a conversation with myself.

Has rD announced the dates for SS 2024? I don’t see it online yet and I didn’t attend this year.

I have a friend who is planning SS as her first Rundisney experience. I wasn’t originally planning to attend, but now I’m doing it with her. I got my PTO so now I just have to remember registration day! She and another friend of hers are planning for the 5k and 10k. I’ll probably run all the races.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter