Springtime Surprise Weekend 2024 (April 18-21)

So just to summarize, in addition to the announced Stitch’s Ohana Challenge, the speculation based on the blog image is leaning towards:

Leftmost “photo” - Peter Pan / Neverland
Center “photo” - Up / Paradise Falls
Rightmost “photo” - Lion King / Pride Rock

So just to summarize, in addition to the announced Stitch’s Ohana Challenge, the speculation based on the blog image is leaning towards:

Leftmost “photo” - Peter Pan / Neverland
Center “photo” - Up / Paradise Falls
Rightmost “photo” - Lion King / Pride Rock
Yep

Do we have any idea when to expect the individual race theme announcements? This teaser is killing me lol

Do we have any idea when to expect the individual race theme announcements? This teaser is killing me lol
If we go based off what they have been doing, we should expect all themes by the week prior to club runDisney registration in August. Much like how they teased the Wine & Dine half theme I would expect them to just wait and do them all together in August. Club runDisney registration is August 15th.

Really hoping we will hear something this week (although I think most likely not…)

I am hoping for kids races to be back and for the Lion king theme (if projections are right) to be for the long race (ideally a half marathon although I have to admit I really liked the 10-miler last year!)
What are you guys wishing for?

Really hoping we will hear something this week (although I think most likely not…)

I am hoping for kids races to be back and for the Lion king theme (if projections are right) to be for the long race (ideally a half marathon although I have to admit I really liked the 10-miler last year!)
What are you guys wishing for?
I don’t think they would do a half marathon, especially since Springtime Surprise is even later next year—the extra almost-an-hour of running in the mid-April Florida heat might be problematic.

This is a big, big if, and I’m skeptical that they’d do this, but if they returned to AK for the 5K Lion King is a clear match. Expecting the usual 5K and 10 miler maps and the random 10K from the 3-4 maps they cycle through.

Not expecting further details until next week. Happy to be surprised!

This is a big, big if, and I’m skeptical that they’d do this, but if they returned to AK for the 5K Lion King is a clear match. Expecting the usual 5K and 10 miler maps and the random 10K from the 3-4 maps they cycle through.

Not expecting further details until next week. Happy to be surprised!
I would like to run through AK again, I didn’t get much out of it in 2022. Some new routes in general would be a nice “Surprise”

For those wishing for a half marathon, when RunDisney announced the Stitch theme for the Challenge Weekend, the notice stated "challenge participants will blast off to the finish line of all three races during the weekend – the 5K, 10K and 10-Miler". I like the 10 mile distance as a change.

I remember seeing that the sign up was at 12 previously, and we weren’t sure if that was a miss-type or not. I hope to have that clarified soon (so I know what time to block off on my calendar at work).
I don’t remember where that was shown now.

I would be surprised if the long course was a half marathon just based on time of year. I feel like with this most current weekend, they were concerned with the heat during the 10-miler. I remember getting an email or some form of notification about heat advisory right before the race.
That being said, I'd love for the long race to be Lion King themed! But if I were to speculate, I'd guess the 5K will be Lion King and maybe in DAK again. (Seems silly to not use that park for that particular theme.) And for fun, I'll say the 10K will be Peter Pan and the 10-Miler will be Up/Adventure themed.

No matter what, I'm in again for the challenge. Hot or not, last year's medals and races were too much fun to not do again.

I am guessing that if the long one is a 10 miler then you wont be eligible for the C2C challenge with this race?

I am guessing that if the long one is a 10 miler then you wont be eligible for the C2C challenge with this race?
Like @sandam1 said when the pr about c2c came out it explicitly stated you needed to do half/dumbo in CA and half/full/10m/challenge in the same CALENDAR YEAR not RACE SEASON (so if your east race was wine & dine it would be the following season from your west)

Thanks y’all. Doing the Dumbo Double Dare in DL this coming January and trying to decide if i want to commit to the C2C now.

Just a note. Historically Disney does not mix characters or properties from different studio divisions in the race themes because they are different business entities. That’s why Star Wars was Star Wars characters only for their race weekends, and the same for Pixar properties for their races in FL and CA. You most likely will not see them mix Pixar characters with Walt Disney Animation or Walt Disney Studios characters/properties. That’s why Peter Pan and Lion King would make sense with Stitch. We should know soon enough any day now. I doubt it would be Up or Luca and would more likely believe Moana since she is not part of the 2024 Princess races and has the new attraction in Epcot.

Last edited:
Just a note. Historically Disney does not mix characters or properties from different studio divisions in the race themes because they are different business entities. That’s why Star Wars was Star Wars characters only for their race weekends, and the same for Pixar properties for their races in FL and CA. You most likely will not see them mix Pixar characters with Walt Disney Animation or Walt Disney Studios characters/properties. That’s why Peter Pan and Lion King would make sense with Stitch. We should know soon enough any day now.
False….
Wine & Dine 2016 was ratatouille for 10k and mickey/beauty and the beast for the other distances
Wine & Dine 2018 had ratatouille as kids race various disney animation properties (lady & the tramp, little mermaid, Mickey, beauty and the beast) for other themes
Wine & Dine 2022 had coco & soul (Pixar) and raya & Aladdin (Disney)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter