Springtime Surprise Weekend 2024 (April 18-21)

Managed to get myself into the Challenge (Year 3 whoop whoop) and my wife into the 5K, MIL into the 10K. We'll probably do POP this year - we're slowly knocking out every hotel and we're finishing the All Stars in October.

If the 10-Miler starts and ends at DHS, I wonder if a run down to DAK is possible. I know the wine and dine half half squeezed DHS DAK and EC into a 13 mile route.

Managed to get myself into the Challenge (Year 3 whoop whoop) and my wife into the 5K, MIL into the 10K. We'll probably do POP this year - we're slowly knocking out every hotel and we're finishing the All Stars in October.

If the 10-Miler starts and ends at DHS, I wonder if a run down to DAK is possible. I know the wine and dine half half squeezed DHS DAK and EC into a 13 mile route.
I *think* so; if you don't do the full Epcot or DHS loops you should have enough to get you to DAK if you beeline there, enter through backstage on Conservation Way then exit near Asia/Everest.

Anybody else feeling a bit foolish for stressing about registration for the 10 miler? I had all sorts of internet issues this morning and couldn’t even get on so I made my wife register me from her phone while at a doctor’s appointment. She was thrilled. And now 12 hours later the 10k and 10 mile are still open!

costume wise going to probably do Hook or Smee for the 5K (and make the costume for the Gasparilla 8K a few months earlier) 10K wise IDK if I'll do something Up re-wear my Jane Porter costume from the Everest 5K or do something different time will tell
Heading back to Gasparilla next year as well! Loved doing it this year and convinced DS. So we will be running to complete challenge runs there in '24. Great way to keep the training and mileage up for Springtime Surprise!

I looked back at my Garmin route from the 2021 Wine & Dine Half and I definitely think this is possible! From the bear island / Western Way intersection to backstage at Hollywood studios was about 7 miles. Looking at the marathon course, western way to w buena vista is about 2, so that loop could work. Really hoping they do this! That wine and dine course was probably my favorite half course.

Anybody else feeling a bit foolish for stressing about registration for the 10 miler? I had all sorts of internet issues this morning and couldn’t even get on so I made my wife register me from her phone while at a doctor’s appointment. She was thrilled. And now 12 hours later the 10k and 10 mile are still open!
These races (except for the 5k) lasted a decent amount of time last year, the only surprise to me is that the challenge sold out already.

Got my quotes back from DVC rental for that week

If you had to pick between Kidani VIllage (Studio Savannah) or Bay Lake Tower (Studio Lake) which would you pick?

If you had to pick between Kidani VIllage (Studio Savannah) or Bay Lake Tower (Studio Lake) which would you pick?
We own at AKV. Also love staying at BLT.

if you plan on visiting the MK, you can walk over from BLT.

if you haven’t yet had a savannah view @ AK, I’d go with Jambo…not Kidani. Only because their lobby atmosphere just can’t compare and the pool is so much nicer, one of the largest onsite at Jambo.

I own at both and have stayed at both multiple times. I LOVE Kidani for their pool area, including a huge splash zone and great pool bar, so if you are into pool time I would lean Kidani. If you have a car, you can also park it under the building fairly close to your room. Race buses will be a bit of a walk depending on where your room is (but you can cut through the parking or pool areas to get there). Kidani is also very quiet for those early bedtimes!

At BLT you are closer to the bus stop and can easily walk to MK. I loved taking the monorail to the Half and Full during MW last year from BLT. If you have a car, you'll have to loop for parking or valet, but driving to the races was super easy for the 5K and 10K. HOWEVER the MK fireworks were LOUD and went off just as I was trying to get to bed early for each race night. I also can't stand their pool.

For me, knowing it'll be hot and I will be using the resort more than the parks, I would pick Kidani as I find the whole resort experience there more quiet and relaxing. YMMV.

How many people would be in the studio? The studio at BLT is pretty small. I have stayed there solo, and it was fine, but noticeably small. It was nice to walk to MK and to see the electrical water pageant.
I have stayed in a non-Savanna room at Kidani (late decision to run Princess, so I took what was available). It was fun to see the animals. I like to have quick service, so it was a little bit of a trek over to Jambo and then it took me a while to figure out how to get to The Mara.
I think both are good options with different pros and cons.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter