Springtime Surprise Weekend 2024 (April 18-21)

Thanks for the feedback @MissLiss279 @The Expert @keishashadow

Leaning towards Kidani or Jambo just for the fact that it's quieter, that's a great point. Any thoughts on the quality of the room or the savanna view?

I personally prefer Kidani because they are newer and the rooms are larger, but the studios aren't that different. There are larger savannas on the Kidani side as well, and their pool area is bigger and shadier than Jambo. But most of the services (aside from Sanaa and a small shop) are at Jambo. It's a short walk, or there's a free shuttle that runs continuously, but if that's important you may want to weigh that in.

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback @MissLiss279 @The Expert @keishashadow

Leaning towards Kidani or Jambo just for the fact that it's quieter, that's a great point. Any thoughts on the quality of the room or the savanna view?
Not going to lie, the rooms are still a bit dark, even after the most recent renovation. what appears to be the standard 40 watt bulbs WDW uses and the dark wood, pretty much needs the curtains on slider to be open unless @ night.

that said, where else in the US are you able to look off your balcony and see giraffes, etc.? Different savannas have different residents. If you have a preferences, there are sites out there that describe each.

might want to look at touring plans room finder site & poke around to find the view that you’d prefer. Assume whomever you used to rent the points would put in a request For you.

their pool area is bigger and shadier than Jambo.
Yes, a very nice amply shaded lounging area. A great pool, do like how the playground area is situated there

Jambo (Uzima) offers zero depth entry & pool is double the size of Samawati - which has a longer, bit zippier, slide.

There is a lot of overflow seating located outside the gates to uzima, naturally, that inside does get spoken for quickly.

OK, not to get off topic, sorry…

didn’t see one, is there a link here as to the “outfits” worn in the disney races? popcorn::

have seen some pics of rather elaborate & creative ones posted in the past Wherein it makes me wonder how people can run in them

Yes, a very nice amply shaded lounging area. A great pool, do like how the playground area is situated there

Jambo (Uzima) offers zero depth entry & pool is double the size of Samawati - which has a longer, bit zippier, slide.

There is a lot of overflow seating located outside the gates to uzima, naturally, that inside does get spoken for quickly.

OK, not to get off topic, sorry…

didn’t see one, is there a link here as to the “outfits” worn in the disney races? popcorn::

have seen some pics of rather elaborate & creative ones posted in the past Wherein it makes me wonder how people can run in them
We have a whole thread dedicated to costuming. Sometimes running costumes are more like Disney-bounding in running clothes, and sometimes they’re absolutely crazy.

might want to look at touring plans room finder site & poke around to find the view that you’d prefer. Assume whomever you used to rent the points would put in a request For you.
THIS. We've stayed at AK in a SV room twice, and the 2nd time our view was pretty much completely blocked by trees. Use the room finder on TP.

My 2 cents on SV though (and I'm the person who wants the trip to be as inexpensive as makes sense...i mean, we DO stay on-site hahaha!) is that it wasn't that "worth it" to me. The animals mostly hung out at the areas they put their food out, and we saw the same 2 or 3 every day. For the difference in points/cost, I'd rather stay in a standard view, and go hang out on one of the balconies that overlook the savannas when I wanted to see the animals. If you're going to be in your room a ton and want to just sit out on your balcony for a good chunk or time, then a savanna view might be more appealing.

I discovered the Change Reservation button for this trip… I might have already used it twice to add nights to my stay. Now booked at ASSports (was ASMu at first) , thanks @MissLiss279 for the feedback. It might change when rebates come out in a few months.

My 2 cents on SV though (and I'm the person who wants the trip to be as inexpensive as makes sense...i mean, we DO stay on-site hahaha!) is that it wasn't that "worth it" to me

Triple agree on touring plans room finder. I always use that and then put in a room request--obviously no guarantee, but it never hurts to ask.

Also, I agree about not PAYING for Savannah view. But last time I was at AKL in Jambo for MW2022, I booked a value room on points and I had a view of animals. This is a possibility with Jambo. Even previously I have stayed in non-DVC Jambo Standard view rooms and gotten animal views. But with Kidani, all the Standard rooms face the back of the building, and no chance for animal views.

But last time I was at AKL in Jambo for MW2022, I booked a value room on points and I had a view of animals. This is a possibility with Jambo. Even previously I have stayed in non-DVC Jambo Standard view rooms and gotten animal views. But with Kidani, all the Standard rooms face the back of the building, and no chance for animal views.

This is not quite right, so a small point of clarification-

There are Standard View rooms at Kidani that have a partial savanna view. They are located near the end of the long hallway and face the Pembe savanna. My recollection is these were savanna view rooms, but they have some partially obstructed view, be it trees, part of the building, etc and so they were reclassified as standard view. Your best shot of getting a savanna view at Kidani with a standard view room booked is to request a room near the Pumba elevator on the Pembe savanna side. But note if you get it, you're going to be doing a lot of walking in that hallway.

The Value rooms are all at Jambo. There are only 18. I don't remember the exact distribution, but I think 25% - so 4 or 5 - have a view of the savanna. Another 4 or 5 have a pool view, and the rest face the parking lot. You can't make room requests for Value rooms, though. It's a total dice roll.

I'm digging way back in the memory bank here but I think the largest concentration of Jambo Standard view rooms that have a partial savanna view would require a room request along the Kudu trail. The other Jambo Standard view rooms have a pol view, and they're along the Zebra trail. So you can tailor your room request to Member Services that way.

Just my two cents, we have stayed at Kidani once and Jambo twice. Each time we booked savana view. All were really good. But Kidani (specific to animal viewing) was bettee than Jambo for sure. Seemed more animals and much more expansive view.

But both locations s allowed me to say good morning to giraffes and zebras everyday. Hard to beat a cup of coffee and a giraffe!

Paying my monthly payment for the CC I paid my 10k registration with and it say’s pending charge however I got a confirmation email & signed my waiver so I’m good right?

Paying my monthly payment for the CC I paid my 10k registration with and it say’s pending charge however I got a confirmation email & signed my waiver so I’m good right?
Yes, you are good, keep the email.
My CC does even worst: It says pending for a while then the charges disappear for a few days and finally reappear!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter