Springtime Surprise Weekend 2024 (April 18-21)

The courses are practically identical to last year’s except for the mini-ajustements in Epcot Celebration-Discovery (anciently Future World).
There aren’t any backstage portions of showcase outside of the initial entry

There aren’t any backstage portions of showcase outside of the initial entry
Yeah, so very minor stuff in Epcot here and there, no Surprise for this Sprintime 😜

To the point where I consider these races to be way too repetitive for my taste. Lets hope that there will be some positive surprises in terms of animation.

The guide says that all of the start groups open at the same time for all of the races. Do we think this is because it's a smaller race weekend? I can't remember if this was also the case for Princess, but recall that the delayed opening for the last group at W&D was very not good.

Except for W&D in 2023 I never understood the need for a staggered opening.

Putting this here so I can find it later.

Disney PhotoPass® Photographers will be on the course and at the finish line taking your photos during the race. Race photos will be available to view at Disneyworld.com/PhotoPass and on the My Disney Experience ® app within 48 hours of the event. To link your photos, you will need to enter the 11-digit RaceID followed by your 5-digit bib number. If your bib number is less than 5 digits, please add zeros at the beginning of your bib number to complete the 16-digit code.

See below for RaceIDs; replace the x’s with your bib number to complete the code:

Springtime Surprise 5K: 2024 STSU R5Kx xxxx
Springtime Surprise 10K: 2024 STSU 10Kx xxxx
Springtime Surprise 10-Miler: 2024 STSU 10Mx xxxx

Are the photo pass photos included in the cost of the races or do you have to get genie plus for the day like we did at the DL races this year?

Are the photo pass photos included in the cost of the races or do you have to get genie plus for the day like we did at the DL races this year?
You buy photopass separately from G+ at WDW. You can also look for passholders who are willing to download your photos for you, since up to 5 bibs per race can be registered per photopass account

I have not seen anyone mention this previously in this thread, but I wonder why the Expo is closing at 6:00 on Friday when it ALWAYS closes at 7:00 on Fridays. In fact, the runDisney page for Wine and Dine shows the Expo closing at 7:00 on Friday, November 1. I am seriously concerned about making it in time to pick up my bib and my daughter's bib for the 10K the following morning.

I have not seen anyone mention this previously in this thread, but I wonder why the Expo is closing at 6:00 on Friday when it ALWAYS closes at 7:00 on Fridays. In fact, the runDisney page for Wine and Dine shows the Expo closing at 7:00 on Friday, November 1. I am seriously concerned about making it in time to pick up my bib and my daughter's bib for the 10K the following morning.
If you don’t make it, they have emergency bib pick up at the info tent on race morning. Get there early and bring ID for anyone 18 and over. You’ll need to go to the expo to get your race shirts.

If you don’t make it, they have emergency bib pick up at the info tent on race morning. Get there early and bring ID for anyone 18 and over. You’ll need to go to the expo to get your race shirts.
Unfortunately, you know how bad the Turnpike can be at times. When my daughter and I went to Wine and Dine, we literally made it there within five minutes of closing....and that was when it closed at 7:00 because of an accident on the Turnpike.

Thank you for the reassurance about the emergency bibs though. I hate unnecessary stress like this. Nevertheless, you have to do what you have to do.

Unfortunately, you know how bad the Turnpike can be at times. When my daughter and I went to Wine and Dine, we literally made it there within five minutes of closing....and that was when it closed at 7:00 because of an accident on the Turnpike.

Thank you for the reassurance about the emergency bibs though. I hate unnecessary stress like this. Nevertheless, you have to do what you have to do.
Yup. Turnpike is awful the entire length of the state. We drive north towards Tallahassee almost every weekend. It never fails that there is an accident on the turnpike that we have to reroute around adding anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours to our trip.

Questioning my life choices after peeking at the forecast… 😩😩🥵🥵

SoCal is warming up, but not quite that much. 😵Really hoping something drastically changes!! 🙏🏼🙏🏼
It’s way too early to believe any forecast for Florida 😆😆 But honestly, it’s going to be hot during the day and humid in the mornings, and we’re just going to have to suck it up. I’m just happy I don’t have glasses to get fogged up anymore

It’s way too early to believe any forecast for Florida 😆😆 But honestly, it’s going to be hot during the day and humid in the mornings, and we’re just going to have to suck it up. I’m just happy I don’t have glasses to get fogged up anymore

After my last Star Wars weekend, I vowed to never do anything longer than a 10K in April in Florida again. And here I am doing the challenge (damn you, Stitch!). We had a foot of snow last week and yesterday it got up to 63, which is our warmest so far. I might die.

After my last Star Wars weekend, I vowed to never do anything longer than a 10K in April in Florida again. And here I am doing the challenge (damn you, Stitch!). We had a foot of snow last week and yesterday it got up to 63, which is our warmest so far. I might die.
We’re gonna get 70’s and sun this weekend, and I might have to deliberately do my runs in the hottest part of the day to remind my body what running in heat feels like. It’s a huge change from the 30’s and rain I raced in on Sunday.

We’re gonna get 70’s and sun this weekend, and I might have to deliberately do my runs in the hottest part of the day to remind my body what running in heat feels like. It’s a huge change from the 30’s and rain I raced in on Sunday.
Good plan! It's going to rain like crazy here, but I do most of my training on the treadmill anyway. So I suppose I'm not really going from winter to summer entirely.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter