Springtime Surprise Weekend 2024 (April 18-21)

I'll run back in and look. Just chilling in my car waiting for the rest of the expo to open.

The purple tee? It was going fast! I grabbed one of the last in my size.

What/where was the purple tee? I'm sure I'll see it on eBay. Was it a Passholder one or Challenge or the race weekend?

I wonder if room capacity not being shared with characters has anything to do with it…

I bet field house lines will be statistically longer
Where are the characters being placed? I cannot find any information in the event guide about pictures other than the Photo Backdrops in the Athletic Center.

Wasn’t someone hoping rD would make non-black hats??
View attachment 852890
it runs bigger than previous hats. I bought that hat at W&D without trying on. I use it, but don’t find myself reaching for it as much as others.
What/where was the purple tee? I'm sure I'll see it on eBay. Was it a Passholder one or Challenge or the race weekend?
1713451091256.jpeg

All that was there when I went in at 9am.

What characters are there at bib pickup?
When I was in there it was a backdrop that was fairyish, Simba statue, Stitch then Hook & Smee.

Just a little PSA from a local: HYDRATE, push those electrolytes, and be heat aware! While the races don’t look particularly challenging (though keep in mind, this is coming from a Floridian who needs a sweater when the temp dips below 75 lol!), park time outdoors in the heat and sun can definitely impact your races, too. It was 90 where I live at 6pm when I ran yesterday and I got a little overheated and definitely did not rehydrate adequately afterward: woke up with a headache and feeling pretty blah. Feeling much better now after hours of downing water. Don’t be me!!!

I would be surprised if they did on this one. Forecast is ~72F by time balloon ladies finish, does not seem terrible.
From my memory, that was about the same temp it was last year, maybe around 70 degrees? It wasn't terrible, but definitely humid. I made sure to take electrolytes at every water station, since I already carry water, and I took extra salt chews with me.

I would be surprised if they did on this one. Forecast is ~72F by time balloon ladies finish, does not seem terrible.
I'm not there, but from the forecast, it looks like T+D is going to be over 140 at 9am, which as a Northerner, is pretty high. While 72F isn't *that* hot, it is when you add the florida humidity and the inevitable sun beating down on you and reflecting off the pavement.
I would recommend everyone not underestimate the temperatures, and make sure you're staying well hydrated and be ready for any changes that could be made at the last minute.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter