• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Springtime Surprise Weekend (April 13-16, 2023)

Can @Sleepy425 update the title of the original thread? I don't think there's necessarily a need to merge the two threads, we can let this one drop out once the original is updated.

It's a sample size of one, but I thought this past 2022 SS weekend had awesome weather.

Checking my Runkeeper records, I see starting conditions of 75º and 83% humidity for the evening 5K, 68º and 97% for the 10K, and 62º and 95% for the 10 miler.

Being from Texas, that was perfect for me. 😊

The 10K this year was a little brutal. Thankfully it was a shorter race. The humidity was awful though. You could see how thick the air was in some of the pics I took, it was that bad. The 10 miler wasn't as bad. April can get really hot and humid in Florida.

Completely agree! We thought the 5K and 10k were nasty - more like swimming through the courses for us. 😑😰 We were so relieved by the 10 miler-it definitely felt like a breeze. I feel like I recall the Star Wars Darkside 2018 being pretty gross too. 🫠

It's a sample size of one, but I thought this past 2022 SS weekend had awesome weather.

Checking my Runkeeper records, I see starting conditions of 75º and 83% humidity for the evening 5K, 68º and 97% for the 10K, and 62º and 95% for the 10 miler.

Being from Texas, that was perfect for me. 😊
Ok, slight revision, the threat of thunderstorms for the 5K (and the changes that precipitated) wasn't awesome. Also it didn't beat 2022 Marathon Weekend weather, which really couldn't have been any better. But overall I was happy with the weather, and thoroughly enjoyed the races. :)

Ok, slight revision, the threat of thunderstorms for the 5K (and the changes that precipitated) wasn't awesome. Also it didn't beat 2022 Marathon Weekend weather, which really couldn't have been any better. But overall I was happy with the weather, and thoroughly enjoyed the races. :)

While slightly better than the 2020 Marathon suffer fest, the weather for the full this year was way too hot. Especially for those of us out there for 6+ hours. I'm praying for cooler temps this time. Surely I'm due, right?!

Thanks for the reports. We have decided to go ahead and run this race! We know the weather may factor in but really want to see what races they will bring this year.

So based on W&D/MW/Princess theme release dates, we are probably looking at sometime between Aug 5-12 for a theme reveal.

Around the time I am knee deep in Dopey training! Hmmm, I'm not sure if that's going to make me more or less likely to register.

So based on W&D/MW/Princess theme release dates, we are probably looking at sometime between Aug 5-12 for a theme reveal.
I just wish they would tell the distances … oh well think I’ll book a “just in case” room only tomorrow since it’s peak spring break and than modify/ cancel in August depending if I run/what races I pick

I just wish they would tell the distances … oh well think I’ll book a “just in case” room only tomorrow since it’s peak spring break and than modify/ cancel in August depending if I run/what races I pick
That's what I plan on doing. I might have conflicts during that weekend, I'm not sure yet. But I want a room just in case.

Hoping it’s earlier, since we not only have to find out the themes, we don’t know the distances or maps either. At least with the other weekends you have a good idea of where you’re running long before the maps come out.

Hoping it’s earlier, since we not only have to find out the themes, we don’t know the distances or maps either. At least with the other weekends you have a good idea of where you’re running long before the maps come out.
We won't know maps until like 2-3 weeks before the races though.

We won't know maps until like 2-3 weeks before the races though.
I mean like is the 5k going to be in AK again, back to Epcot, or something else? Once we have the theme details we should have a good idea of what to expect with the routes.

Have placeholder rooms set for 4 nights at AS Music now to wait to see if theme/distance warrant me keeping, modifying down to 2 or 3 nights or canceling all together
I have mine at Pop. Also waiting to see exact dates of some other spring obligations I have.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter