Springtime Surprise Weekend (April 13-16, 2023)

That was one of my most favorite race weekends I've done, in 8 years of rD races. I adore Pixar, so I think that helped. We had so much fun! I always forget how much less stressful the weekends are when I'm not doing Dopey, and I feel like I can run more and spend more time doing stops without feeling like I have to save my legs. My mom did her first 10K and I think her addiction has begun, she talked about wanting to try a challenge next year. Now I'm so excited for Disneyland in January!

My mom did her first 10K and I think her addiction has begun, she talked about wanting to try a challenge next year.
Congrats to your mom!

I brought my 13 year old son with me this weekend, just to hang out. He was a very good sport about being woken up by my alarm every morning. He's registered for the 5k at Wine and Dine and now he's excited about it. Last night he had all sorts of questions, ideas for costumes, and says he wants to do more races. :)

I always seem to get Conga more than anything!
Ooh I would have liked that one. Ended up with I Ran (3x), September, and Everybody Wants to Rule the World. After the second I Ran I was close to asking a CM if they could take song requests lol. I will say that the first four times I was on the left side so that made me curious if they have three song choices on each side. Guessing no, bc if that was the case people would prob be asking to go on one side, but 🤷‍♂️

Ooh I would have liked that one. Ended up with I Ran (3x), September, and Everybody Wants to Rule the World. After the second I Ran I was close to asking a CM if they could take song requests lol. I will say that the first four times I was on the left side so that made me curious if they have three song choices on each side. Guessing no, bc if that was the case people would prob be asking to go on one side, but 🤷‍♂️
I've only ever loaded on one side and had 4 different songs.

Not race related but after going on it five (!!!) times this week it’s safe to say Guardians is my new fave. Only wish that I didn’t get the same song three of the times (I Ran, which i guess was appropriate) but I did get September once so we’re good.
I finally got new songs after getting September once and Disco Inferno 3 times—this trip I got I Ran and One Way Or Another. I think the song really changes the experience

So funny to read about everyone’s random song experiences on Guardians. We have ridden that ride so many times and never gotten I Ran (which is fine as I don’t love it…)! Last month my youngest was talking about Everybody Rules the World as we boarded/got situated. We happened to get that song, so on our next ride, we asked the CMs if they choose the songs (wondering if they overheard our conversation). Their response was they wished(!), but that Rocket chooses the song. 😆😆 My personal favorite is One Way or Another and then maybe a tie for Disco Inferno and Congo. 😅

I got One Way or Another yesterday, I liked it. Aside that makes four of the six for me. There are six songs right?
Sepember
Disco Inferno
One Way or Another
Everybody wants to rule the World
Congo
I Ran

Is that right? Why do I need to know this…

Rode GotG three times…heard Everybody Want to Rule, Disco Inferno, and one of my very favorite songs, September.

Even better…September was playing as I ran to the Finish line on Sunday!! I don’t think I could have smiled any bigger!

A5CD9DFB-2A17-4DD5-A7A1-BF656E4FFA7C.jpeg

Shout out to my fellow numeric dyslexics trying to link race photos 😂 I now have a ton of great pictures of bib 7821.
Oh good, I wasn’t the only one! Bib 203XX (I was 230XX) was an older lady who was considerably faster than me, since her finish line pics were still in full dark (mine was in full sun, but honestly way cooler because I pulled off a jump pic and actually looked at the camera instead of the ground)

Popping in to catch up and happy to see so many had a great race experience!
I looooved the 10-miler just as much as last year’s: that course is just so perfect. Started in the back of B, stopped for a lot of pics, and managed to clock 3:20:00 flat. Got my money’s worth! :rotfl: Grabbed a GOTG BG at 7am mid-race and spent the day at EP before hopping to DHS in the evening, where Rise, MF, and TOT were all 5-10 min waits. WHAT?!?! It was crazy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter