SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

We are planning a short trip to Disney this October and have booked a preferred room. Have all of the preferred rooms been upgraded? I am also wondering if the boats are running from SS to DS. Also, are they renting the surrey bikes, or has are they unavailable due to current circumstances?
THe boats are currently not running. One section of the preferred rooms are done. Don't know about the bikes.

The Congress Park section has been refurbed already and there have been reports that they are working on The Springs section now.

We are looking at getting a 2 Bedroom at SSR for our next trip (Our first as DVC owners! - We recently closed on an SSR contract). One of the people in our group has some minor mobility issues. (They can use stairs, but move slowly and rest frequently). I was thinking the best "Standard" location would probably be Grandstand for its proximity to the DS boat and the carriage house.

How might this compare to a 2BR at OKW (The other location likely to have 2 BR availability)?

We are looking at getting a 2 Bedroom at SSR for our next trip (Our first as DVC owners! - We recently closed on an SSR contract). One of the people in our group has some minor mobility issues. (They can use stairs, but move slowly and rest frequently). I was thinking the best "Standard" location would probably be Grandstand for its proximity to the DS boat and the carriage house.

How might this compare to a 2BR at OKW (The other location likely to have 2 BR availability)?
SSR everything is in the middle of the resort; OKW everything is at the one end. So SSR is probably a little better for dealing with mobility. Also there's only a few buildings at OKW with elevators where all SSR buildings have elevators - if you don't want to reserve an accessible room, SSR will give your group member the option of skipping the stairs whenever they want to.

When are you going?

I’m hoping to book an April trip in a studio. Is my best bet at getting a refurbed room going to be with a preferred room?

I’m hoping to book an April trip in a studio. Is my best bet at getting a refurbed room going to be with a preferred room?
All preferred rooms will be done shortly, maybe a month or two, just a guess. Then it’s on to standard rooms. Will some be done by April, most likely. Will there be many done? Who knows. Best bet is to book preferred for refurbished rooms.

We are planning a short trip to Disney this October and have booked a preferred room. Have all of the preferred rooms been upgraded? I am also wondering if the boats are running from SS to DS. Also, are they renting the surrey bikes, or has are they unavailable due to current circumstances?
All of Congress Park is renovated and they are working on the Springs. If you booked preferred you will have a renovated room.
No boats currently operating to DS.
Surrey bikes are available for rent!

To everyone asking about a timeline, I can tell you that the Congress Park section refurb took from mid to end of June 2019 through February 2020. (We were staying in The Paddock and saw them start.) They began at least some prep work on The Springs section just before they closed for the pandemic because there were reports of construction materials on site in that section at that time, but there was also some work finishing up on Congress Park. The bulk of The Springs work just resumed at the end of June when the resort reopened- no construction was happening as far as we know during the closure. Just trying to temper peoples' expectations that the entire resort will be finished by spring or summer 2021...

To everyone asking about a timeline, I can tell you that the Congress Park section refurb took from mid to end of June 2019 through February 2020. (We were staying in The Paddock and saw them start.) They began at least some prep work on The Springs section just before they closed for the pandemic because there were reports of construction materials on site in that section at that time, but there was also some work finishing up on Congress Park. The bulk of The Springs work just resumed at the end of June when the resort reopened- no construction was happening as far as we know during the closure. Just trying to temper peoples' expectations that the entire resort will be finished by spring or summer 2021...

This helps. I'm hoping the Paddock area will be partially refurbed by the time we go in April.

Also, I'm a preemie mom too. :)

Hmm. I booked a standard 2 bedroom for November. In the room requests section, I am only given the option of grandstand or congress.

I am converted. We have stayed at SSR twice in the older style rooms and liked it well enough but our preferred 1 BR villa this trip is so gorgeous and convenient. I can’t imagine a better resort for right now while offerings are limited. It’s like having the entirety of DS as your resort restaurants. This is my new favorite resort for this kind of a vacation!!

I had a hard time finding photos of the Congress Park pool before our trip so here’s one from today. There are 4 families here now - we are 25% of the people at the pool :eek: Very very different from the reports I’m reading from other resorts.

1C5E569F-E2A5-43F1-A3B4-CAE21086A5C3.jpeg

I am converted. We have stayed at SSR twice in the older style rooms and liked it well enough but our preferred 1 BR villa this trip is so gorgeous and convenient. I can’t imagine a better resort for right now while offerings are limited. It’s like having the entirety of DS as your resort restaurants. This is my new favorite resort for this kind of a vacation!!

I had a hard time finding photos of the Congress Park pool before our trip so here’s one from today. There are 4 families here now - we are 25% of the people at the pool :eek: Very very different from the reports I’m reading from other resorts.

View attachment 518445
Felt the same about our stay last week at SSR!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter