SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

New here...I'm just wondering if we can book a spa service if we aren't staying at SSR that day?
Absolutely. I think if you are driving you just have to tell them that you booked a spa service. Or you can just take a Disney bus from Disney Springs and get off at The Springs.

SSR 5745-1.jpgSSR 5745.jpg

Just finishing up our welcome home trip at SSR, here's a couple of pics from our 1 bedroom villa, room 5745 in Paddock. It was a great location, as the bus stop and pool were right down the stairs (which were a few steps from our doors), and the bridge to the Springs was, obviously, right there, too. That made it super easy to get to the main building/pool.

It was our first time in a 1 bedroom and it was great. We spent the first 3 nights in a studio at AKL so the extra room was greatly appreciated!

I highly recommend this room/section of the resort.

We just got back this Saturday from a stay at SSR. To answer a couple questions above: first, all pools are open. second, the Senses spa at SSR is not currently open. Normally when it’s open, you don’t need to be staying there to get an appointment, but currently it’s not open at all.

We just got back this Saturday from a stay at SSR. To answer a couple questions above: first, all pools are open. second, the Senses spa at SSR is not currently open. Normally when it’s open, you don’t need to be staying there to get an appointment, but currently it’s not open at all.
Has anyone ever tried the spa treatments? I can't remember where, but somewhere I saw a few promotional clips and it looked amazing

Headed back to SSR in May! Our WL for one night came through. Does anyone know where the changing room/showers are? I figure we can change and use the pool before our room is ready. I know the bathroom is behind high rock, but not sure where the locker room is. thanks!

Question about parking at SSR, specifically Congress Park.

Does parking at that area of the resort get congested compared to other lots in the resort because of its proximity to Disney Springs?

Part of me worries a bit that patrons want to be as close as possible to an attraction like DS so after a day at the parks, they'll park in the Congress Park area to go to DS then come back later to park closer to their actual section.

Does parking at that area of the resort get congested compared to other lots in the resort because of its proximity to Disney Springs?

Part of me worries a bit that patrons want to be as close as possible to an attraction like DS so after a day at the parks, they'll park in the Congress Park area to go to DS then come back later to park closer to their actual section.
We are currently in Congress Park, I’m the building closest to DS. Parking seems to empty and fill regularly as people are going to the parks. There doesn’t seem to be a huge increase for DS.

We are currently in Congress Park, I’m the building closest to DS. Parking seems to empty and fill regularly as people are going to the parks. There doesn’t seem to be a huge increase for DS.
Do cars have to stop at a guard gate to get in the resort? That would reduce DS traffic.

I have to be honest: we’ve parked in front of that building before, right by the little trail through the woods, on several occasions. 😔

It seems to fill up just on the weekends from my experience staying there

Hi - I am considering renting points to stay here for the Wine & Dine half marathon (first weekend of Nov). All other epcot hotels are booked, so it's either SSR or Swan Reserve. If we stay at SSR, can we get an uber from our room, or do we need to walk to the main lobby? Same for uber drop offs. We typically uber to all parks except MK, where the bus MK drop off/pick up is preferred (it's also why I don't love Swan Reserve as much - no bus to MK!). Thanks!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter