SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

Walking to Disney Springs from Congreve Park, when you go over the bridge on the right is the boat pickup. Is the side running that will take you to the opposite side of Disney Springs?
TIA
The internal Disney Springs Water Taxis are not running.

We are staying in a studio and was wondering whether there is a lighted makeup mirror in the room? If there are, I was not going to take mine.

TIA

Check in time is 4 pm. In your experience are they ever available early? Especially if no requests? Studio is what I’m talking about.

Check in time is 4 pm. In your experience are they ever available early? Especially if no requests? Studio is what I’m talking about.
We have had great luck with SSR texting us early for our rooms. Never had a studio though. At the same time, it seems like OKW tends to be later. Maybe it is just the bigger rooms take longer to clean. So much goes into it though, like how messy the people before were, if anyone was staying in your studio the night before, and what time they check out.

As an aside, we have always gone to our resort to check in early in the morning, then head to a park or DS. One time we left Pop for a three night stay to end our trip at BWI. Was at the check in counter at 7 a.m. before heading to MK. When the CM checking me in disappeared behind the door for a few minutes I thought something was up. It was. They upgraded us to CL and she sent us up to speak to the CL check in and have breakfast in the lounge. Was a great morning.

Silly question but how is the water coming out of the tap there? In some resorts like AKL, we can make coffee with tap water. At poly it tastes like “Florida water”, so we have to buy jugs. Anyone there that can tell me how bad the water is there? We arrive in a few days and putting my grocery order in.

Silly question but how is the water coming out of the tap there? In some resorts like AKL, we can make coffee with tap water. At poly it tastes like “Florida water”, so we have to buy jugs. Anyone there that can tell me how bad the water is there? We arrive in a few days and putting my grocery order in.
Not bad at all. We made our coffee with it last week and it tastes fine.

I just called what I thought was the direct dial for Saratoga resort to ask a question. I think I was bounced to a regular line and the person I spoke with insisted on answering my question(s), which is: 1. if I check in tomorrow and I’m there to sign for an alcohol purchase, but my room is not ready, will Bell services hold it with my luggage? I thought I saw somewhere that they stopped doing this; (2) are the boats not running from Saratoga springs to Disney springs currently? He told me it was Port Orleans not running and he didn’t have any notes for SSR so I didn’t really trust anything he just told me. thanks!

We just checked in to SSR last night and before we did, I looked up the room we had been assigned via text and saw that Touring Plans said it was a HC accessible room. So we stopped at the front desk before going into the room and asked to be moved to a non-HC room as I had looked up a room tour and saw the layout of the bathroom gave it a teeny tiny little vanity in the bathroom. We have WAY too much stuff to put out on the vanity top for that little thing. The CM at the front desk told me that the room wasn't HC accessible and was kind of reticent to move us anyway.

When we got into the room, we found it wasn't HC accessible but it still has the bizarre layout with the tiny vanity top in the bathroom next the shower. We have stayed at SSR several times and never had a layout like this. Anyone else? Maybe it used to be HC and they changed the category? There is so little storage in this one.

We just checked in to SSR last night and before we did, I looked up the room we had been assigned via text and saw that Touring Plans said it was a HC accessible room. So we stopped at the front desk before going into the room and asked to be moved to a non-HC room as I had looked up a room tour and saw the layout of the bathroom gave it a teeny tiny little vanity in the bathroom. We have WAY too much stuff to put out on the vanity top for that little thing. The CM at the front desk told me that the room wasn't HC accessible and was kind of reticent to move us anyway.

When we got into the room, we found it wasn't HC accessible but it still has the bizarre layout with the tiny vanity top in the bathroom next the shower. We have stayed at SSR several times and never had a layout like this. Anyone else? Maybe it used to be HC and they changed the category? There is so little storage in this one.
Care to share the room number or a pic? Curious as to what this vanity looks like.

Care to share the room number or a pic? Curious as to what this vanity looks like.
I'm guessing this room IS considered an HC room when combined with the HC room next door (which I believe is a 1 bedroom). Our doorwars are wheelchair wide and we have 2 peepholes...one down low for a wheelchair.1694474848785.png

I have booked a Standard studio. Planning mostly a DS shopping/dining weekend. What’s the longest room walk I could end up being away from DS and is it too far to plan to walk to DS? Are the boats easier in that aspect if I’m not in Congress Park?

I have booked a Standard studio. Planning mostly a DS shopping/dining weekend. What’s the longest room walk I could end up being away from DS and is it too far to plan to walk to DS? Are the boats easier in that aspect if I’m not in Congress Park?
The farthest rooms are in Carousel, which I would try to avoid for numerous reasons. That would probably be at least a 20-30 minute walk to DS. The boat dock is about halfway, then by the time you wait for a boat and the boat ride itself, it could take longer than walking. So it depends on whether you want to conserve time or energy! Personally, if I weren't doing the parks, which is where I expend all my energy, I wouldn't mind the walk at all.

The farthest rooms are in Carousel, which I would try to avoid for numerous reasons. That would probably be at least a 20-30 minute walk to DS. The boat dock is about halfway, then by the time you wait for a boat and the boat ride itself, it could take longer than walking. So it depends on whether you want to conserve time or energy! Personally, if I weren't doing the parks, which is where I expend all my energy, I wouldn't mind the walk at all.
And depending on the time of day, you can always flag down the first golf cart/luggage guy on a cart and give him a tip to take you all the way to the last building in Congress park.......Yes, I have done just that..

And depending on the time of day, you can always flag down the first golf cart/luggage guy on a cart and give him a tip to take you all the way to the last building in Congress park.......Yes, I have done just that..
Oh wow, thanks, note to self: bring cash for possibly hitching a ride via luggage cart

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter