SSRMonkey and Koala's Excellent Adventures. Live at SSR 3/16/13-3/23/13.

SSRmonkey

Mouseketeer
I'm baaaaack! And we're here for 7 whole days! After horrible traffic, we finally made it and are all checked in to the Carousel. We got a brand new room. Sure does smell like new carpet. So much better than wet monkey smell.

We are ready to party like its 1999. I don't know what that means exactly, but it must have been something good. Prince made a lot of money on that song.

We're going to MK tonight, but first, to the pool--I will only be observing, no swimming for me!! Then to EOS for dinner!!

Party on, Koala!

DSC04583_zps6f6639f1.jpg

The room looks great, love the horse pillows :)

Can't wait to hear all the adventures.

Well, my DGS was born in 1999 -- it's always something to party about for us. Love the new bedding. My DD will be extra sad that she doesn't get to go on my upcoming trip in May and see that and the new sofa pillows -- she loves her some horsies.

Are you in Carousel on purpose? So many folks seem to want to shy away from that area -- it is easy for getting in and out tho when you have a car.

Have a super duper time -- you and Koala stay dry and happy and away from barrels of you-know what! (Don't want you to get lost in any crowds).

We've been in the Carousel several times. Although it's not close to a pool, you're right, it's easy to get in and out of. And with our car it makes it really nice. The parking lot is really empty tonight so either there aren't a lot of people in our building or no one has cars!

EOS was delicious. It's been confirmed, the holiday sandwich is available all year round now. Dad decided to wait on that and had the Carribean Jerk instead. Mom shared her grilled cheese with me. After a chocolate stop at Ghiardelli, we headed to MK.

We thought MK was going to be very busy and it was. First things first, we headed to BTMRR to get FP. They were about an hour out so, we headed over to Pirates. I've only seen a line that long for Pirates at Christmas. We decided we would just wander around. Apparently Koala and I annoyed Dad a lot today, so he made us go to CBJ. For those of you who don't know, I despise CBJ. I've been known to call it the animatronic freak show. I thought maybe since they redid it, it might be better. WRONG! It may have been a bit worse.

First, this guy looks so sad...

DSC04586_zps84095b9a.jpg

And then Momma June from Here Comes Honey Boo Boo shows up...

DSC04597_zps62cf9d02.jpg

As if that's not bad enough, the triplets come out. And they wonder why the lyrics to this are true...

DSC04603_zpsaa971dbe.jpg

I have no doubt that if they took off their sunbonnets, they would have a much easier time finding a bear. Ok, I have a lot of doubt about that.

And last, but not least, this guy with the blood on the saddle and blood on the floor...

DSC04612_zps51aa9e19.jpg

Even the talking heads on the wall were rolling their eyes.

After that horrible punishment, we headed back toward Fantasyland. Unbelievably, PP had a very short line so we tried that out. It was cool, but I'm not sure why there is usually a 75 minute wait.

It was time for refreshments. We tried some LeFou's Brew.

DSC04628_zps174177ec.jpg

It was delicious. So delicious that Koala tried to do a keg stand. He didn't quite make it.

DSC04625_zps45408d8b.jpg

Since we couldn't drink and walk, we got back into the bag for a ride back to BTMRR.

DSC04629_zps8d3d60ab.jpg

When we got to BTMRR, unfortunately it wasn't working. Bummer. We'll have to try again.

Then it was off to the confectionary for our usual first night treat.

DSC04630_zps157e232f.jpg

Tomorrow we have to stock up on some food and such and will spend part of the day at Epcot. Sweet dreams!

I'm sorry you had to suffer through CBJ :) I actually really enjoy it because of the childhood memories it brings back. Glad you enjoyed LeFou's Brew, and I'm even happier you had safe transport after Koala's keg stand (safety first). Your treat looked delicious. I hope you enjoy your day at Epcot!

We had a good day so far. Since we didn't make it to Wal Mart last night, we headed to Panera for breakfast. We saw a real live leprechaun there. I almost asked where his pot of gold was, but Koala stopped me. He reminded me that not all leprechauns are nice like the Lucky Charms guy. You never know when a leprechaun might be packing gold throwing stars.

Anyway, I got a cinnamon crunch bagel and it made my paws and face all sticky. After a quick bathroom stop to clean up, we headed to the outlets for our first shopping experience of this trip. It was a success. I can't wait for you to see my new shirt. Mom and Dad are so nice to me. I guess they felt bad about CBJ last night.

After that, we headed to Wal Mart to stock up on breakfast stuff and beverages. I got Peanut Butter Captain Crunch! Those of you who are my friends on Facebook know that I tried Peanut Butter Cheerios last week. No good. I went for the good stuff this week.

Then it was to Wetzel's for our first pretzel of the trip. They have a new apple pie pretzel. We will definitely try that at some point this trip, but I wanted to start with an original. Nothing like carb loading for the day.

After a quick stop at SSR to drop off our groceries, we are headed to Epcot for the afternoon. I'm excited for F&G and TT!

I'll be checking in via FB throughout the day.

In the meantime, here's the view from our room!

DSC04632_zps8f46e0cf.jpg

Happy to see you made it through all the traffic problems on I-4. Looking forward to all of your reports each and every day.

Looks like you're all having a great time! We've never done CBJ and you have now just convinced me to NEVER EVER set foot in that attraction! Thank you for your sacrifice! The weather looks perfect! it's cold, cloudy and snowy up here! Can't wait to hear about your afternoon at Epcot!

Sounds like a great day. Your view looks very peaceful! I hope that you enjoy your PB Crunch this week. Like Chellymouse, I'm grateful you took one for the team. The difference, however, is I'm grateful you told me about PB Cheerios instead of CBJ!

Aaaahhhhh. What a great day. The weather today was beautiful. Sunny and warm, but not hot. It was perfect!

This afternoon we went to Epcot. We arrived around 2:00. Our first stop was TT to get FP. They were for 7:50. We headed over to the F&G Festival Center. After a quick trip through the Cool Spot, we walked over to the World Showcase.

DSC04633_zps7ded008a.jpg

Koala has been bugging us to start a band. He wanted either bagpipes or an accordion. Since those are quite possibly the most annoying instruments in the world, I got him to settle on a tambourine from Mexico.

DSC04635_zps8a01db8a.jpg

There are a lot of food stands around, making things feel like a mini Food and Wine Festival, less a bunch of tipsy people. Oh wait, nope. It's St. Patricks Day, so there were a few tipsy people, but mostly everyone behaved (including me). I did see some green beer though. I left my ID in the room, so I wasn't allowed to partake. It's probably better that way.

Wasssup?!?!

DSC04638_zps0739deca.jpg

This chihuahua looks like he let Gene Simmons do his eye makeup.

DSC04639_zps809d715b.jpg

Umm...what is this?!?!

DSC04640_zps89b621b1.jpg

Turns out its a creepy puppet that looks kinda like a rat, but is, in fact, a cat...with rabies apparently.

Off to Italy.

DSC04646_zps6fe1bded.jpg

I wish both ears were made of pizza.

DSC04647_zps9225c901.jpg

These cats were giving me their version of the finger. They were giving me the paw. I didn't do anything to them, I swear!!

DSC04650_zpsa6ab9940.jpg

We decided to take a break from the WS and headed over to Beach Club. We sat under a tree for a while and watched for Leprechauns. And ducks. We saw lots of both.

We walked around to Big River Grille and had some dinner and then back to Epcot. After walking around the rest of the WS, I wanted to go to Canada, but Dad said that we live too close already, he didn't need to go in. Ouch, eh.

Weekend at Bernie's...flower pot edition.

DSC04651_zps31d08b31.jpg

This reminded me of a docile version of my evil cat Chloe. She couldn't bite me though.

DSC04653_zpse32dada0.jpg

My Grandma has been thinking about making a fairy garden. I thought these were some good examples from Tink's Butterfly Tent.

DSC04657_zps0fd6d765.jpg

DSC04659_zps12f7c830.jpg

DSC04661_zps2f0c13a9.jpg

Rollerskates!!!

DSC04662_zps396327a4.jpg

DSC04663_zps442d8ac6.jpg

DSC04664_zps399dd40b.jpg

DSC04665_zps7b19a9f9.jpg

After that we headed to Figgy and Nemo. The line for Soarin was really long, so we thought we would catch that another day.

We still had some time to kill before TT, so we went to Fountain View for some dessert. We all shared cookie dough ice cream with sprinkles! It was delicious.

Now, it was finally time for TT. We got over there and the FP line was super long. I don't know if the ride went down for a while or what, but it didn't take too long to get in. The changes to the ride are cool and I'm glad there is no more video. That got old fast. Besides the high speed loop, my favorite parts of the upgrade are the aerodynamic test and the tricked out semi. I was worried they would take that out. I'm glad they didn't!

It had been a long day, so we decided to head back to SSR for the night.

So Mom has been eating fluffernutter sandwiches almost daily for several months now. Dad had a great idea to use rice krispie as the bread and put peanut butter (Jif only, of course) and fluff on that. O...M...G!! So good! It comes highly recommended by our whole family. Nothing like adding more calories. Good thing Mom wore her Fitbit today and saw that we walked over 11 miles! (Glad I was riding in the bag!)

Not sure what tomorrow holds, but I'm going to dream about my very own bike. How much convincing will it take to get me one of these to keep?

DSC04652_zps2b2c74c2.jpg

Good night!!

I am following you on both fb and here. (Makes me sound kinda stalkerish but us Disney lovers have to stick together.) I just love hearing all about your adventures. Only 13 more days for us!! I can't wait to try out the new tt. So glad the video is gone.

Love, love, LOVE the pics in today's update. But, they are really making me miss Flower & Garden this year. :sad:
We decided on a summer trip to Disneyland instead of our normal spring break trip to WDW. Definitley not skipping Flower & Garden next year.

Love your duds, SSRMonkey. Looking so dapper. The F and G displays are beautiful. You had an incredible day minus those cats giving you the paw. They must be related to your evil cat Chloe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter