• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

!st time at POR (Riverside), please tell me about it!

We've never stayed at Riverside, only visited when my brother stayed there...but, we were quite impressed.

The "cabin" area had just been refurbished and it was very "homey". The grounds were beautiful and the whole place had a "Song of the South" vibe--in a good way.

The food choices did seem lacking and I'm not sure about the "mansions" area, since we didn't see it.

Bob is wonderful! Very family friendly and the kids loved him, but also hilarious for the adults - and that's a balance that's hard to hit! I highly recommend his show.

The bus service can be an issue, since POR and POFQ share a bus (or at least they did when I stayed there). Request one of the buildings close to the main building and the first bus stop (I believe it's the South stop?) and you'll be good.

Thank you for all the positive comments. It makes me really excited about my upcoming visit to POR. It's so nice to read a thread on POR that isn't bashing it's bus service.

Thanks for the great website, Andre! Very informative and well done!

Went there in 2003. We were about 5 minutes from the food court and really enjoyed the morning walk every day through the grounds, over the bridge, past the pool and then to the main building. My observations:

Room - Nice view of quiet pool, comfortable and fairly spacious. Non-central air gave me a cold on the first day though.
Pool - Average, nothing special.
Restaurants - Tried table service once and this was the least enjoyable meal I've ever had at Disney. Only bright spot was the food court which was very large and had great views.
Grounds - Very nice, saw lots of little animals.
Activities - Didn't do any except for the bike ride, that was a lot of fun!

I enjoyed CBR more but POR has a charm all of its own.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter