Stacie's Journey for Weight Loss and the 1/2 Marathon Jan 09!

Hey Stacie
It's really weird how sometimes things just hurt. I don't think it's because they're injured, just feel like hurting. Haha. Sometimes my shins will hurt, sometimes my hips, sometimes my knee. I can never predict what will hurt later that day!
Greast job on the 7 mi and the consistency. As long as you can stay under that 16 min mi you're doing great! keep it up.
- Lola

Hi, sweetie. Sounds like you're doing great with the training. Just PLEASE be careful and don't injure yourself. You know you don't want that, especially when you only have a little over a month before the half marathon! Take good care of yourself and listen to your body.

Sorry we will miss you guys next week - have a great trip to Florida and think of me missing it when you are there!

Love ya!

Susan

Hey stacie! I wanted to check in and see how your training is going. Glad to hear your 7 miler went well. Hope you got the shoe issue figured out. Not sure what to tell you about the knee pain, but I agree with Susan, and if you are in pain..don't push it this close to the race. remember you want to get to the starting line healthy.

Keep up the good work...looking forward to seeing you guys again in January!

Hi Stacie! How are you doing with the training? We've both been away from our journals a lot lately, so I was just wondering! Hope things are going well for you.

Hey guys! Sorry I've been such a slacker in my journal!

I've missed quite a few of my weekly workouts, but I've gotten in my long mileage on the weekend.

Yesterday my SIL and I did our 10 miles. It was cold, but we got it in. My toes and feet gave me a few issues, but other than that all was ok. My back did start aching toward the end so I iced it for a 1/2 hr or so after I was done and it seems ok today. Matt rubbed my feet and toes, but my toe next to the big one was hurting all night and I still felt it this morning! I'm wearing my Crocs to work today.

Linda...Thanks for asking about the tornado. It didn't affect us, but just a few miles down the road in a small community a few people lost there homes and one person lost their life. Luckily, it did not come our way though.

I have decided to go visit my brother in Mexico the week after Christmas. I have that week off work so... I'm flying out that Monday and the following Tuesday (Jan 6) I will fly directly to Orldano for the Half Marathon trip. I'll end up doing my last long mileage walk in Oaxaca, Mexcio!

I hope everyone is well!!!

Stacie

Stacie, good job getting those workouts in. That is great you are going to Mexico! You will be ready for that half marathon, you still have some time and you have kept up your workouts. Good job!

So thankful the tornado missed you and Matt. But so sorry others weren't so lucky. Those things scare me to death, we only get them in the spring.

Keep up the good work, you are doing so well!

Hello!

Well...I got in my last major mileage...12!!! SIL and I did that on Saturday. I've got and 8 and a 5 miler left. Overall, it went ok. I got it in and I feel good about the Half!

I leave next Monday for Mexico!!! Yay!

Just wanted to check in really quickly. I'll be busy packing for Mexico and WDW this week.

I may not be checking back in until after Disney.

Take care!
Stacie

Good luck, Stacie! And have a GREAT time in Mexico and Orlando! :)

Good luck Stacie and have a wonderful time in Mexico and in WDW!!! :hug: Looking forward to hearing all about your trips and the marathon when you get back!:goodvibes

Adios Stacie, I think you leave for Mexico today! Have a great trip there and to Orlando, we'll "see" you in the New Year!

Good luck at the marathon!!!:goodvibes

I'm back!!! I made it in Mexico and then on to Disney... We successfully finished our first Half Marathon!!! We were SLOW... It took us 3:38 -- a 16.10 pace. Much slower than my training, but we finished and got our medals...

I'll update more later... and w/ pics!

Stacie

Stacie, welcome home and congratulations on the marathon! You did it! Happy New Year to you.:)

Congrats Stacie! So nice to meet you at POP! I think I saw you on the course around where we headed into MK! I over hydrated and finished alot slower than I had hoped but I got my bling!!:goodvibes

Great job! Doing the full in 2010? I'm still wishy washy about whether I want to do the half or the full, I have done a half before and it wasn't too bad. I can't wait to run at the world though, I want the WDW marathon to be my first marathon so that is the goal i'm working toward :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter