• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Standard Studios (Partial Savanna) at Jambo House

2nlz4mf.jpg

Finally actually used points for a savannah view. Liked the view but actually didn’t see any more animals here than the standards on the other Savannahs. Probably will stick with standard views from now on!

Room 5528....Zebra Trail...standard view...taken April 30, 2015...

I know it's a zombie thread...but *THIS* room, right here^^^^ is why I am so hesitant to switch from my standard view room at Jambo to a standard at Kidani. I prefer everything about Jambo when staying in a standard studio (the proximity to the laundry rooms, the proximity to the bus stops, the double sinks...everything!) but if we are going to get a room that overlooks the construction-area-formerly-known-as-the-pool, then I would prefer to be at Kidani. But....if we were going to get THIS room again, I would be in heaven:cloud9:. I could deal with taking the shuttle over to Kidani if it meant I didn't have the construction site right outside my window. Right now, I am actually sitting on (2) reservations, one that is all 4 nights at Jambo and one that is the same 3 nights at Kidani with the 4th night waitlisted. I'm not moving for the last night so the wait list has to come through or Jambo it is!

Zombie thread.
The AKL main thread is littered with casual banter back and forth. While there's nothing wrong with that, other resorts such as VGF and Aulani have great view threads. It would be nice for AKL to have one too. LisaS did a great job compiling information here. Maybe we can rename this thread?
I know it's a zombie thread...but *THIS* room, right here^^^^ is why I am so hesitant to switch from my standard view room at Jambo to a standard at Kidani. I prefer everything about Jambo when staying in a standard studio (the proximity to the laundry rooms, the proximity to the bus stops, the double sinks...everything!) but if we are going to get a room that overlooks the construction-area-formerly-known-as-the-pool, then I would prefer to be at Kidani. But....if we were going to get THIS room again, I would be in heaven:cloud9:. I could deal with taking the shuttle over to Kidani if it meant I didn't have the construction site right outside my window. Right now, I am actually sitting on (2) reservations, one that is all 4 nights at Jambo and one that is the same 3 nights at Kidani with the 4th night waitlisted. I'm not moving for the last night so the wait list has to come through or Jambo it is!
I too prefer Jambo in a studio. Now that I can finally compare a standard vs savanna....some standard views have really awesome views of the savanna. Good luck with your decision!

The AKL main thread is littered with casual banter back and forth. While there's nothing wrong with that, other resorts such as VGF and Aulani have great view threads. It would be nice for AKL to have one too. LisaS did a great job compiling information here. Maybe we can rename this thread?

AKL is not DVC, AKV-Jambo is the DVC resort. View threads are time consuming to post and maintain, I can see why no one wants to maintain it.

I too prefer Jambo in a studio. Now that I can finally compare a standard vs savanna....some standard views have really awesome views of the savanna. Good luck with your decision!

Getting a savanna view with a standard room is strictly luck of the draw. There are only 15 or so villas that were switched from savanna to standard and most of them have a Boma (people pen for fire alarms) right below the balcony, so the Boma prevents the animals from getting close to the balcony.

Getting a savanna view with a standard room is strictly luck of the draw. There are only 15 or so villas that were switched from savanna to standard and most of them have a Boma (people pen for fire alarms) right below the balcony, so the Boma prevents the animals from getting close to the balcony.
Yes, that is usually the case. However, I'd say LisaS compiled a list that's more than 15 or so villas. Anecdotal, but I always get the 'people pen savanna' standard view at AKV. It would be nice for AKL (whether it's the entire resort AKL or just AKV) to have a view thread; Deb & Bill kindly pointed out in another thread that sometimes 'view' pictures are found in the main thread, which is true.

I find it very odd that AKL/AKV is one of the largest resorts, yet there's really no view thread. I'd be happy to help out, as LisaS has in the past.

anonymous pictures website

Value one bedroom. 5030 pool view from a September trip.

Booked a value one bedroom but got uograded to a standard view, 5222. They were re-paving parts of the parking lot and driveway to the porte-cochère so maybe they weren’t giving rooms on that side of the resort. I’m glad too because I could still smell the asphalt at times. We’ve had 5210 at least once and generally like that view, hard to beat savannah (regardless of ‘people pen’) at standard pricing.

This is the second time we’ve booked a one bedroom value here. One very small upside of this covid mess is they’ve been easy to book and we really appreciate the extra space so we can eat in the room more. Have one more value 1 bedroom stay in October, we’ll see what happens then. You could appreciate the extra space of the regular room compared to the value, but it’s hard to beat the value point per night.

Is there anything like this for Kidani? I'm booked in a standard studio but would love even a partial savanna view (but can't afford it).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter