Stanford Inn and Suites Questions

lovebug33

DIS Veteran
I decided to book this for our May trip. Is it within walking distance of any of the parking lots so we could just walk to the tram and not have to park? Is that even allowed? Also is it a nice hotel? Got a good deal on a suite!

It's allowed, but I'm not sure exactly where it's located. I looked at their website recently, and I know it says 1 mile away and walking distance to the convention center. I'm thinking it may not be real close to parking lots, though you could do a Google search. I'd see if there is an ART nearby.

It's pretty far down Harbor, maybe 2 miles or more. I don't think it is within walking distance of the Toy Story lot, but you can catch a tram there, no problem, if you decide to walk to the lot.

We stayed there a few years ago before it became Stanford and it was ok, typical motel. We had a suite, but found it to be tiny. But having two bathrooms was nice. The breakfast room was so tiny! We liked it, but it was a pain driving and parking every day, so we now stay within walking distance. Someone who has stayed there recently might have more and better things to say!!

Enjoy your trip!

It's pretty far to be walking everyday but it's a great hotel. Rooms are really good, breakfast is great and pool and jacuzzi are amazing. ART stops out the front and that's what we used everyday.
Really great hotel and I'd stay there again in a second.

That depends on what you view as walkable? I would saw 15 minutes to the Toy Story Lot, 30 minutes to the parks themselves. Might not seem too bad first thing in the morning but will after walking around the parks for 12 hours.

I stayed there, it's a fairly nice place for the price. Don't expect too much and you won't be disappointed. We had the 2 bath suite and loved it.
Parking at the hotel is free, so you can park there and walk to the TS lot and bus from there, if you want.

We walked from the hotel to disneyland and back more than once. It wasn't horrible. Not great after a long day (and catching the ART bus was preferred) but doable, physically.

You can easily walk to TS lot, it's about halfway between the hotel and the park, but it might be more worth your time to just catch the ART instead. It would probably be faster.

Nope! The bus doors are big, and the bus has... I don't know the word, like shocks maybe? But they make a PSHHHHH air-escaping sound and the door-side of the bus tilts down for easy access. There were tons of parents with strollers on the bus every day we were there and nobody looked like they were struggling a lot. Especially with two adults, you should be more than fine.

They do ask that you fold the stroller before you board, but if you have a second adult there to watch kids while you fold, it'll be fine.

(edited for clarity)

I booked this property for our February trip for $58 a night. I think we can spring for ART...senior ART day ticket is like $2/day. We will probably walk in the mornings. From what I can tell, it is close to Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles.

Last edited:
I booked this property for our February trip for $58 a night. I think we can spring for ART...senior ART day ticket is like $2/day. We will probably walk in the mornings. From what I can tell, it is close to Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles.

Yep, it's just across the street. I didn't go but some other people in our group did and they said it was good food. There are quite a few food options within walking distance, which is excellent. Many provide takeout too. Buca di Beppo, Outback, Red Robin, Joe's Crab Shack, Oggi's, Clancy's, etc. Subway, Jack In The Box, Carls Jr. and Taco Bell as well if you just want something quick.

Because of that I actually prefer this over some closer hotels. There isn't as much food choice as you get closer to the parks.

Nope! The bus doors are big, and the bus has... I don't know the word, like shocks maybe? But they make a PSHHHHH air-escaping sound and the door-side of the bus tilts down for easy access. There were tons of parents with strollers on the bus every day we were there and nobody looked like they were struggling a lot. Especially with two adults, you should be more than fine.

They do ask that you fold the stroller before you board, but if you have a second adult there to watch kids while you fold, it'll be fine.

(edited for clarity)
Thanks! I think I'll stick with the money to park. Neither of my kids is highly mobile so it sounds like getting on with the stroller might be more than what we can handle!

I decided to book this for our May trip. Is it within walking distance of any of the parking lots so we could just walk to the tram and not have to park? Is that even allowed? Also is it a nice hotel? Got a good deal on a suite!

Have you had your trip yet? Interested to hear how it goes, as we're looking at staying there in November. With our, um, 5 kids. Haha. We will also have a double stroller, but will mostly wear the baby (4 months) and the next youngest will be almost 3, so fairly mobile.

And getawaytoday.com usually has good deals on ART tickets :)

Hi luulu1999 - Have you had good luck with getawaytoday.com? I hadn't heard of that site but was looking at their vacation packages and found a good deal but wasn't sure if it was a legit site or not.

Hi luulu1999 - Have you had good luck with getawaytoday.com? I hadn't heard of that site but was looking at their vacation packages and found a good deal but wasn't sure if it was a legit site or not.

I'm not luulu1999 but I have used GetAwayToday a number of times over the years and been happy with them. They are totally legit. Just listened to their radio ad when I was driving around this morning. We booked our first ever Disneyland trip ever through them back in 2005 and stayed at the hotel that is the topic of this thread although they were a Comfort Inn and Suites back then. We booked through GetAwayToday for a few more of our early years trips and made a tickets only purchase from them a few years ago. My brother and my mother-in-law have also booked with them in years past. I haven't used them myself for probably 5 years now, but I haven't seen or read bad things about them.

I'm not luulu1999 but I have used GetAwayToday a number of times over the years and been happy with them. They are totally legit. Just listened to their radio ad when I was driving around this morning. We booked our first ever Disneyland trip ever through them back in 2005 and stayed at the hotel that is the topic of this thread although they were a Comfort Inn and Suites back then. We booked through GetAwayToday for a few more of our early years trips and made a tickets only purchase from them a few years ago. My brother and my mother-in-law have also booked with them in years past. I haven't used them myself for probably 5 years now, but I haven't seen or read bad things about them.

Great! Thanks for the info!

Have you had your trip yet? Interested to hear how it goes, as we're looking at staying there in November. With our, um, 5 kids. Haha. We will also have a double stroller, but will mostly wear the baby (4 months) and the next youngest will be almost 3, so fairly mobile.
We did! We LOVED this place. We chose to walk. About a thirty minute walk. It wasn't bad at all except the night we chose to walk home with balloons in the wind! The room was nice and it was huge. We also loved the breakfast. We'd get sausages and fruit loops and walk to the park.

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it. :-) I just made a reservation through getawaytoday, which has a nice third-night-free deal. About $100 savings for 3 nights, even with their trip cancellation/change insurance.

Yes I love them you can make payments on the stuff also this is the second time we have used them and never had a problem

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter