STAR WARS: GALACTIC STARCRUISER Official Information & Questions Thread

not worth the 6k + the Hotel fees for after the 2 nights . + We planned on staying in the Grand Flo for a few nights .
Total amount came out to be around $8,300 + flights from Long

33years old No kids ! Just me and my fiancé-

How do people afford this ?!

We picked the cheapest dates (August weekday) and are squeezing four of us friends in one room 😂, so it came out to be just under $1500/person. It's still a splurge for us and we may cancel once the reports/reviews come out from the first few voyages. Not impressed by what we've seen so far. We weren't expecting a one-on-one customized experience or anything necessarily groundbreaking, but so far everything seems sort of like a generic space theme.

Really want to do this but changed from April to June so that we have time to cancel depending on reviews. I do know that Disney can’t deliver the impossible however they have been marketing this experience as being beyond expectations and I am just not seeing it yet. This price is akin to paying concierge level for a Disney Cruise, which we have done, so that is where I am setting my expectations. I will know once the first reviews come in whether we will cancel or not.

Like everything else at WDW these days, judging by that now-pulled video, it appears this experience has been designed for the 7-and-under crowd exclusively. Disney really thinks pandering to small children is the most profitable strategy since their standards are so low and cheaply met. I mean that bridge sequence was really, truly appalling to me. Not at all Star Wars and as fun as pushing the buttons on a toddler's toy... the whole thing really screams Fisher Price. The song was very Magic Kingdom and possibly more annoying than Jar Jar Binks. Dying for the first day reviews to come out. Right now it seems unlikely to impossible that childless adults will get much out of this imo.

It seems to me that the highest crime in all of this is that none of what Ive seen so far even slightly resembles the Star Wars universe. If anything, it looks cheap and silly. Not at all what I was expecting.

I really don’t get this argument at all. If you think it looks cheap or silly, sure, OK, but it’s definitely Star Wars. I posted a screenshot comparing how the bridge looks like other ships shown in the movies. The Captain appears to be a Pantoran, which is an established species in Star Wars and was seen in the movies as background characters.

Also Star Wars isn’t necessarily about looking big-budget. Luke’s pants in the original film were bleached Levi’s. His lightsaber hilt was a camera case. Again, if you don’t think this looks good, that’s a reasonable argument, but saying “it’s not Star Wars” has no basis.

Canceling my trip …. Simple

wanted to be one of the first people to visit .

not worth the 6k + the Hotel fees for after the 2 nights . + We planned on staying in the Grand Flo for a few nights .
Total amount came out to be around $8,300 + flights from Long

33years old No kids ! Just me and my fiancé-

How do people afford this ?!

Also I don’t see how you can complain about the price in one breath while also saying you included 2 nights at GF..

Honestly I can see why this thing isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, but some of the arguments here are completely over-the-top now.

Last edited:
I watched the video and thought "That's it." Plus the amount they are charging for this seems obscene. So I am a big Star Wars fan but unless I win the lotto. I'm out

But they will find those Star Wars fans who are willing and able to pay that amount. If you pay for a stormtrooper outfit, that's up there in cost. I won't it's cheaper to be a smuggler. And I have heard a few videos of fans complaining that it looks too much like Star Trek or some random 80's sci fi. So that's not something that you want to hear in that fan community.

And let's be honest that's a lot of time to be on this "ship" when there are other theme parks and things to do. For my relations there would have to be a pitstop at Planet Epcot for them to stomach this

Last edited:
Also I don’t see how you can complain about the price in one breath while also saying you included 2 nights at GF..

Honestly I can see why this thing isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, but some of the arguments here are completely over-the-top now.
I understand and respect the point that you are making, but I would just add that, IMO, when people make any purchase with their hard-earned money they are doing so based on the value they perceive in making that expenditure, a value that is largely driven by their expectations. As more and more info is released regarding this experience and certainly as real guest reviews start to pour in after the first voyages, people will have to decide for themselves if they see value in this experience. That value may come in the form of perceived exclusivity, food offerings, unique character interactions, guest rooms, etc. Maybe the new information/reviews will increase people's expectations and their perceived value or maybe it will yield the opposite result.

I would add that, IMO, other purchases that people choose to make in their lives really have no impact on whether or not they see in value in a GS booking. The parameters of this, I feel, should be evaluated on their own.

Personally, I'm looking forward to the experience with my family, but I'd be lying by not disclosing that part of me does feel like a bit of a Disney "sucker" with the price point of this experience, a feeling that seems to be presenting with me more and more over the past couple years with the changes that have been made and what seems like an increasing money-grab mentality demonstrated by Disney. I never used to have that feeling in the past. Just like everyone else, I, too, will have to make a decision based on all available information if I continue to see value in this experience.

I watched the video and thought "That's it." Plus the amount they are charging for this seems obscene. So I am a big Star Wars fan but unless I win the lotto. I'm out

But they will find those Star Wars fans who are willing and able to pay that amount. If you pay for a stormtrooper outfit, that's up there in cost. I won't it's cheaper to be a smuggler. And I have heard a few videos of fans complaining that it looks too much like Star Trek or some random 80's sci fi. So that's not something that you want to hear in that fan community
Is the price really obscene? A nice room at poly or gf for 2 nights is easy 2k+. Add in meals including 2 nights of supposedly deluxe dining and entertainment plus park tickets. Yes their is a bit of premium but is it obscene in comparison? The previews could be more impressive but the price criticism is overplayed.

Last edited:
The reason why I’m canceling the trip is because! Just because. I’ve been coming to Disney since I was young like most of us here . Disney has lost its touch rather quickly….. I’ve dropped 10k+ on many disney trips and I never complained , because I felt and saw the value ! his trip just seems like a bad idea from the start , I shouldn’t have ever booked it especially that it’s only for 2 days . I need to stay somewhere else during my week long vacation.
After doing the math I’m better off going to Europe or a tropical island for the same price .
((Millennial Rant !))

I love Disney , but the VALUE ISN'T there anymore - slowly backing away ( and it’s sad…. Why doesn’t want my money🥲 )

sure glad I didn’t buy a DVC.

Is the price really obscene? A nice room at poly or gf for 2 nights is easy 2k+. Add in meals including 2 nights of supposedly deluxe dining and entertainment plus park tickets. Yes their is a bit of premium but is it obscene in comparison? The previews could be more impressive but the price criticism is overplayed.

Yeah, I'm not staying at the Poly either or any of the top level hotels at Disney either. Sorry but cost does play into it. Maybe obscene was a bit strong. But that is for me. I just feel that the cost of both top tiers and the Star Wars hotel are extremely high. Others might have a different opinion and feel it is worth it and in fact have posted on this thread.

Yeah, I'm not staying at the Poly either or any of the top level hotels at Disney either. Sorry but cost does play into it.

Thats not the point. Sure people may not be able to or want to afford it, but compare apples to apples. This was never gonna be priced liked ASV.

I really don’t get this argument at all. If you think it looks cheap or silly, sure, OK, but it’s definitely Star Wars. I posted a screenshot comparing how the bridge looks like other ships shown in the movies. The Captain appears to be a Pantoran, which is an established species in Star Wars and was seen in the movies as background characters.

Also Star Wars isn’t necessarily about looking big-budget. Luke’s pants in the original film were bleached Levi’s. His lightsaber hilt was a camera case. Again, if you don’t think this looks good, that’s a reasonable argument, but saying “it’s not Star Wars” has no basis.

Here is a Pantoran, he doesnt look silly at all and to me represents the race and Star Wars universe. Other than blue makeup, the Star Cruiser captain does not represent this race in any way. The hallways of the Star cruiser are squared off giving pause to why the doorways are rounded, this is not the case in the original Star Wars. Perhaps my eye is too detailed and I notice a lot of these types of things giving me the over all feeling that they missed their mark. Maybe it somewhat resembles the later movies, but I prefer the OG universe. I'm happy you are still excited by the Star cruiser and hope others are too as I'd like it to succeed.

Attachments

• 20211207_205857.jpg
    20211207_205857.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 37
Yes the price is bad . I stayed in a nicer rooms in the 4 seasons in Orlando for a better price .
I’ve also stayed at the Poly&Grand and spent 1k a night and thought it was a dumb idea, but I still felt the value .

Yes the price is bad . I stayed in a nicer rooms in the 4 seasons in Orlando for a better price .
I’ve also stayed at the Poly&Grand and spent 1k a night and thought it was a dumb idea, but I still felt the value .
Sure but if you added on all meals at Four Seasons and a couple activities and park tickets, it would be close if not more! 2 nights in April at Four Seasons Orl is currently 4k with fees!

I just hope the people that don't cancel end up finding value in this after their stay. Limited and crappy marketing is one thing, but bad word of mouth after it opens will kill this from being what it was originally intended to be.

I just hope the people that don't cancel end up finding value in this after their stay. Limited and crappy marketing is one thing, but bad word of mouth after it opens will kill this from being what it was originally intended to be.
Bad word of mouth could also speed up price drops but that could also mean losing the parts that are valuable and worthwhile

Bad word of mouth could also speed up price drops but that could also mean losing the parts that are valuable and worthwhile
I have no doubt that if this is received poorly and doesn’t keep near full bookings they will cut all the entertainment and such to a bare minimum.

The reason why I’m canceling the trip is because! Just because. I’ve been coming to Disney since I was young like most of us here . Disney has lost its touch rather quickly….. I’ve dropped 10k+ on many disney trips and I never complained , because I felt and saw the value ! his trip just seems like a bad idea from the start , I shouldn’t have ever booked it especially that it’s only for 2 days . I need to stay somewhere else during my week long vacation.
After doing the math I’m better off going to Europe or a tropical island for the same price .
((Millennial Rant !))

I love Disney , but the VALUE ISN'T there anymore - slowly backing away ( and it’s sad…. Why doesn’t want my money🥲 )

sure glad I didn’t buy a DVC.
Of course they want your money. Depends on where you want to spend it. I wouldn't buy DVC either, too many rules and limitations but still does seem appealing once in a while when you squint at the math. I would take your $8k to Paris or Hawaii for your honeymoon and do some nice pluses along the way. Luxury rental car (convertible to winery etc.) Come back when the price has dropped or you have kids and you'll see the value again.

I really don’t think comparing Starcruiser to any resort is a fair assessment of value or same costs. Many have stated that you can pay $1000 a night for Poly or GF…yes, but it is just $1000 a night…your whole family can stay in the room. On Starcruiser it cost me $3400 a night for my wife, godson (5) and I for a total of $6800 for 2 nights. So to say that there is value in that is crazy…think about it..you arrive at say 1:00 everything is done by 10:00 ish on day 1….9 hours onboard. Then the next day you are at Galaxies Edge all day…so maybe you are onboard for another 5 hours after your trip to the park….then the last day you are up at 8 and out by 11 so another 3 hours. So a grand total of 17 hours actually awake and on the Galactic Starcruiser for a total of $400 per hour of entertainment onboard. So when someone tells me there is value…I guess if you consider $400 an hour to be entertained a value. I am not saying any of this in a bad way, I am just saying it is hard to call it a value with a straight face.

It is one of those things that I have not told many people we have booked this trip…why? Because I know what most people will say…

Value no…Fun Hopefully…will I keep the trip? Still not sure to be honest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter