STAR WARS: GALACTIC STARCRUISER Official Information & Questions Thread

Just got our booking locked in for the 25th of October.
Thanks to Tracey @ Dreams Unlimited.
Booking for the UK via DDI has not been possible so Dreams have been critical to us to get the booking.
Family of 4 and the cost tipped over the $7 mark which was a bit of shock. But I’ve wanted to do this since Disney announced it was being built, so the cost was never going to stop me really!

Due to covid we haven’t left the county since 2019 and had to cancel an 18 day trip at Easter 2020 (and then rebook and cancel 4 times!).
So this will be our second trip this year now to WDW. May at the Beach Club and then back for the GS in October…
I mean it’s only money… right?!

Ladies consider this your notice to head to Sam's Club. I went to buy bagels and left with a number of pieces for my outfits for our voyage including shoes.

I'm going for a StarWars adjacent look, not a specific character. They are mix and match and comfy. Some of it was even clearance. I plan to add a blood stripe to the blue pants. I have enough accessories in my closet to zhuzh them up. My husband also found pants.

PS - I was so excited I forgot the bagels.
20220305_132259.jpg20220305_132555.jpg20220305_132603.jpg

Is there any indication when January / February 2023 voyages might be released? I’ve gotten agreement from a few friends to have an adults-weekend.

Also, is there any detail on price variability based on date?

has anyone been able to get thru on the GS phone number the past 2 days?
We booked through a Dreams travel agent, so our agent is taking care of this for us. Even she is finding it impossible to get through... She was able to put in our requests through some email system, and they are supposed to take care of it within 48 to 72 hours. Makes me stressed out a bit, tbh!

Just saw a report that GS guests are now getting stickers for Batuu instead of pins?!

So I just got off my booking call...dialed like crazy starting at 7am got thru right around there...and just finished. Phew.

So here is some background and maybe some information that should or could help some people. My reservation was originally made for the 4th of May...but insert a massive open heart surgery into the mix to install an On-X Valve and a new Aorta....we had to cancel just to be safe. I cancelled just in time to avoid any penalty, tho as my cast member told me..."the insurance plan you paid for would have covered it no problem" So that is good to know.

So today we booked the 29th of March!! Like 3 weeks from now March 29th!! I was all sorts of worried I would not be able to book anything on Batuu, but we were able to book everything we wanted with no worries, at anytime we wanted. Very easy, and the cast member on the phone was incredible. She worked her tail off to get us the date I wanted. I suggest that if you see something, you just tell them 1st thing to lock that room in because they go in an instant. I wanted to go as soon as possible on the Halcyon before they start running out of some of the merch or things change to much. This was the 3rd time I called, and it was a charm...the past 2 calls, the date got snagged as I was talking to the cast member.

Things I learned...
There is def no changing anything inside of 90 days for free. If you want to push back...you cancel...pay the penalty...then rebook
The insurance will basically cover just about anything and the cast members will tell you basically what to say or do. I purchased the insurance for the 2nd time.
They have had a ton of calls not only from Europe, but people within the 90 day mark switching their dates....taking advantage of their insurance and some people not caring about the cost to change
They do have people removing (or losing) the captains table for 1 reason or another, but most because they are calling to change dinner times from one time slot till another
If any issues with booking pre cruise or post cruise resort reservations....call the number provided to you when you made your GS reservation....they can take care of you faster than calling normal line

but the biggest thing I learned is that if you book under 4 weeks from your sailing, you get a huge discount

I had thought the medallions they were giving out were just for the 1st cruise, not the pins.

you may be right...I thought it was the pins. It would be strange that they would already be on stickers tho...cause if the pins were for everyone, I would imagine they would have a larger stock of pins as to not run out in the 1st week. Very strange

If any issues with booking pre cruise or post cruise resort reservations....call the number provided to you when you made your GS reservation....they can take care of you faster than calling normal line

but the biggest thing I learned is that if you book under 4 weeks from your sailing, you get a huge discount

How huge a discount?

And can you share (DM) that phone number with me.
Looking at my confirmation email I don’t have it and I’ve not been told it by the agent…
thanks

So I just got off my booking call...dialed like crazy starting at 7am got thru right around there...and just finished. Phew.

So here is some background and maybe some information that should or could help some people. My reservation was originally made for the 4th of May...but insert a massive open heart surgery into the mix to install an On-X Valve and a new Aorta....we had to cancel just to be safe. I cancelled just in time to avoid any penalty, tho as my cast member told me..."the insurance plan you paid for would have covered it no problem" So that is good to know.

So today we booked the 29th of March!! Like 3 weeks from now March 29th!! I was all sorts of worried I would not be able to book anything on Batuu, but we were able to book everything we wanted with no worries, at anytime we wanted. Very easy, and the cast member on the phone was incredible. She worked her tail off to get us the date I wanted. I suggest that if you see something, you just tell them 1st thing to lock that room in because they go in an instant. I wanted to go as soon as possible on the Halcyon before they start running out of some of the merch or things change to much. This was the 3rd time I called, and it was a charm...the past 2 calls, the date got snagged as I was talking to the cast member.

Things I learned...
There is def no changing anything inside of 90 days for free. If you want to push back...you cancel...pay the penalty...then rebook
The insurance will basically cover just about anything and the cast members will tell you basically what to say or do. I purchased the insurance for the 2nd time.
They have had a ton of calls not only from Europe, but people within the 90 day mark switching their dates....taking advantage of their insurance and some people not caring about the cost to change
They do have people removing (or losing) the captains table for 1 reason or another, but most because they are calling to change dinner times from one time slot till another

Wow, you have been through the ringer... Sorry to hear about the health issues, but glad that everything seems to have turned out well?

I think you said you were initially booked on the May the Fourth cruise (same as me). That date was priced significantly higher than many of the other dates... When you say you received a "huge discount," does that mean a discount compared to your original voyage (which would make sense, since that date carried a premium price) or a discount compared to what others who booked early paid? Did the reservationist specifically tell you that the discount was due to "last minute" booking?

Thank you, and have fun on your voyage. May the Spires keep you!

How huge a discount?

And can you share (DM) that phone number with me.
Looking at my confirmation email I don’t have it and I’ve not been told it by the agent…
thanks
If you booked through an agent (as I did), I think your agent will need to make any requests/changes, etc. I think that is part of the deal when you use a TA.

Wow, you have been through the ringer... Sorry to hear about the health issues, but glad that everything seems to have turned out well?

I think you said you were initially booked on the May the Fourth cruise (same as me). That date was priced significantly higher than many of the other dates... When you say you received a "huge discount," does that mean a discount compared to your original voyage (which would make sense, since that date carried a premium price) or a discount compared to what others who booked early paid? Did the reservationist specifically tell you that the discount was due to "last minute" booking?

Thank you, and have fun on your voyage. May the Spires keep you!

Def a savings compared to May the 4th...which was a jacked up rate for sure.

Ok...no discount...just wanted to see who was paying attention and reading till the end...lol sorry

Oh man, you almost had me scrambling to see if any spring break dates were open and what flight costs were. A 20-25% discount would tip the scales for me.

But good to know that premium dates cost more. I've been wondering about that.

Can three teenagers (18, 18, 19) go on this voyage by themselves? Or do they need someone 21+ on the reservation?
Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter