STAR WARS: GALACTIC STARCRUISER Official Information & Questions Thread

I do not usually post on these forums but since it was so helpful I thought I'd list this.

I have a Disney Visa. I WAS ABLE TO BOOK FOR MID-JULY 2022 THIS MORNING (October 12). Got Galaxy Suite for July 9. First cast member said he thought it was available to book through September. After the obligatory 1 1/2 hours on silent hold, I got through to the second tier. She was able to confirm that we can book for the summer with Disney Visa.

Good luck to everyone!!!
How much was the galaxy suite in July? Thx

Does your credit card offer travel insurance? Mine with points gives travel insurance if you use the card to book the trip.
Is that a feature of the Disney Visa Card ?? :confused3
I will check into that as well - thanks!

I literally signed up for the Disney Visa card last week, so I haven't gotten the card yet. Do you think they can look up my card if I call to book? (Yes I know I should have been more informed and signed up for a card MUCH sooner :))

I literally signed up for the Disney Visa card last week, so I haven't gotten the card yet. Do you think they can look up my card if I call to book? (Yes I know I should have been more informed and signed up for a card MUCH sooner :))
You will need the card number when you call. If you have the Chase app on your phone, you may be able to add it to Apple Wallet (or whatever the equivalent Android wallet is), and then maybe you will be able to see your card number. Just a thought.

Try logging into Chase.com to see if you can see the card there, or you could try calling the Disney Visa help line at 1-800-300-8575 (note that's just for the card itself and not to book the Starcruiser for anyone reading the board looking for numbers to book from!).

It seems like with the expanded reservation window as long as the card comes before Oct 28th, you should be able to book soemthing.

Okay, so after being frustrated all morning, I now feel like I won the lottery (although I guess it's the opposite since I am spending instead of receiving money).

All morning long, I would call, listen to the normal call-in spiel, and when they asked what I was calling about, I would say "Galactic Starcruiser;" then enter my phone number, zip code, address number, say and spell my last name and first name, confirm my email; then it would say it was sending me to a representative (and sometimes even give a wait time) before saying that the Galactic Starcruiser volume was high and they wouldn't be able to take my call. A very long process to try over and over, and I had work meetings, so only periodically was able to try throughout the morning and early afternoon.

The weird part was that, on the calls when I did hear the wait times, they were only 5-15 minutes which I thought wasn't too bad for the first (verification) step, and I wondered way they were still saying that volume was too high and hanging up on me.

So, I called at 2:05pm (immediately after another unsuccessful try), and instead of saying "Galactic Starcruiser," I just said "new reservation." Guess what? I was speaking to a person within about 7 minutes, verified my Disney Visa credit card, then on music hold for 41 minutes, and completely done with a March 27th standard cabin reservation for two by 3:10pm (only 1 hour and 5 minutes from the start).

We are booked for June 23! My amazing TA booked for us this am - since we bought DVC a few years ago I haven’t had an opportunity to book anything thru her so I was thrilled she could help with this! 2 adults, 18yo & 13 yo. $6600ish.

I used a Dreams Unlimited Travel agent for the first time to book our voyage for May the Fourth, and it was very easy... We had actually arrived at WDW and were sitting at Docking Bay 7 in Galaxy's Edge on September 30 when I received the email from DVC about the early booking window. After reading through these comments I am even more grateful I went the travel agent route! We were able to sleep in, and our agent was able to send us our confirmation of booking before 11am on October 7.

I am just curious, and would be grateful to anyone who cares to respond to my question... Other than those who are booking this using DVC points, why wouldn't you use a travel agent for this? It costs nothing extra and apparently saves hours and hours of waiting on the phone. Is it just a desire to be "in control" of the whole situation? Honestly baffled as to why not to use a TA...

We typically book our room via DVC. We don't have a Disney travel agent. If I were to book this, I think we would probably do all cash. I would consider getting a TA and booking through them, but I don't have someone I can contact now about it.

We typically book our room via DVC. We don't have a Disney travel agent. If I were to book this, I think we would probably do all cash. I would consider getting a TA and booking through them, but I don't have someone I can contact now about it.
Yes, I also usually book Disney vacations using my DVC points and so I understand that mindset. It really is thanks to reading these boards that I knew how much easier it would be using a TA. In my opinion, one of the biggest downsides to DVC is that we are unable to use a TA, lol. After my experience booking the Boo Bash tickets, I vowed that when it came time to book this Starcruiser adventure I was going the TA route -- and as I said, I am very glad I did so.

Thanks to you and everyone else who responded to my question!

We are BOOKED for May 27! I cannot believe I’ve decided to drop $11,650 on two rooms for myself, DH, DD 17, DS 15, DD 12 and DS 7 for a two night experience, but apparently I am that crazy. We did get captains table. I decided not to go during spring break in march because that was $1k more. Shout out to my sweet TA who was on hold for 5.5 hours beginning at 6 am.

We are BOOKED for May 27! I cannot believe I’ve decided to drop $11,650 on two rooms for myself, DH, DD 17, DS 15, DD 12 and DS 7 for a two night experience, but apparently I am that crazy. We did get captains table. I decided not to go during spring break in march because that was $1k more. Shout out to my sweet TA who was on hold for 5.5 hours beginning at 6 am.

Do you know if they offer connecting rooms?

Sort of interesting to me that it appears Visa holders get the same booking window as 33/Golden Oak (9/30) and not AP/DVC (5/4). AP/DVC would be a much larger pool of possible guests, guess they wanted to keep inventory more open for when general booking starts.

Visa guests had to go last and missed the dates already sold out, but have roughly 5 more months of inventory to play with. Not a terrible trade off.

I was going to apply for the Disney Visa last week, but my TA thought the booking date should likely be the same as AP/DVC (I'm trying to book August). She told me this morning that Disney Visa could book August, but it's too late for me to apply now. Fingers crossed for general booking! There's one particular voyage that works really well with our scehdule, so I'm a little nervous about general booking. Wish they let APs book through August too!

I saw someone say that there's a $350 fee if you drop someone from your reservation, even before the 90 day mark. Does anyone have more details on that? Does that mean if someone in our party isn't sure about coming, we should wait to add them to our room?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter