STAR WARS: GALACTIC STARCRUISER Official Information & Questions Thread

I understand your point about Batuu and please realize my cynicism is not directed at you, but the only illusion I'll be under is why the heck did I just spend this much money on a two night fully-immersive reservation only to be given a quick service lunch voucher and admittance to a park (that I already had AP access to for "free") for 8 precious hours of that highly-expensive reservation. IMO, this is just a way for Disney to cut costs for the star-cruiser experience. Maybe I'm missing something?

Although I'm generalizing, it seems that one has roughly 4-5 hours of planned activities (includes dining time) on night 1, DHS for the next day, roughly 4-5 hours of planned activities (again includes dining time) on night 2, and check out the next morning. I will note that it does seem you may be able to do a couple of activities on the ship during the daytime.

Again, I'm just trying to be realistic and I am happy I have a reservation, but does anyone else have similar thoughts? I was expecting more for what is being charged here. Just my opinion.

Eagerly awaiting reviews!
Considering the amount of money being spent in this thread, I think everyone wants to keep the force positive right now lol. I will say, as someone sitting on the sidelines, I am also waiting on reviews with uncertainty.

I also think the reason there is confusion over getting priority access to Oga's, Savi's etc is because Disney did not consider that any of you would be doing any of those things during this particular experience. Your time on Batuu is pretty limited so I think they were planning to fill that with story moments, but are now considering if they should be turning you away from anywhere where you might spend more $$$. I think the plan all along was that you'd do those things on a day before or after Star Cruiser. However, I agree giving some priority access at those times should be a given.

I think having an emergency nighttime mission to Batuu after closing would be amazing and exactly the kind of thing you should be getting for this price. I hope Disney is in here taking notes.

If a family is relying on going to Savi's to purchase a lightsaber in order to do lightsaber training, then NOT getting a reservation to Savi's is goingto be highly impactful. I realize the schedule could change, but I know of at least two family's that are purchasing their sabers in park in advance (or already have them prior to travel) in order to make sure they can participate in the training during the cruise experience.

If a family is relying on going to Savi's to purchase a lightsaber in order to do lightsaber training, then NOT getting a reservation to Savi's is goingto be highly impactful. I realize the schedule could change, but I know of at least two family's that are purchasing their sabers in park in advance (or already have them prior to travel) in order to make sure they can participate in the training during the cruise experience.
I figured they provided sabers so anyone could participate.

I also think the reason there is confusion over getting priority access to Oga's, Savi's etc is because Disney did not consider that any of you would be doing any of those things during this particular experience
It was definitely considered as the instructions to book these items when your window opens, if interested, is included in their pre-written statements/checklist that they read each guest at the time of booking.

I think having an emergency nighttime mission to Batuu after closing would be amazing and exactly the kind of thing you should be getting for this price

I agree, it would be amazing, but according to the boking agent I spoke with, it isn't happening, which was kind of the point of my post. I was told the planned activities end around 10-11 each night, which is why I stated in my post that for the cost of the reservation, you get about 4-5 hours (including dining time) of planned activities each night. Maybe things will change, but until the reviews come in, we won't know for sure.

Got our reservation yesterday for the 4/16 sailing!

We're traveling with friends have a Disney Visa - thank goodness, we were planning to book during the DVC window, but then they released one person had to be on points and the points chart was absurd. Unconfirmed by me, but in the DVC group on FB, someone posted you could reserve a child on points and they were only 60pts instead of 300+, so maybe an option for folks traveling with kids, YMMV.

Friends called at 9CST on 10/13, waited on hold for an hour to be told our dates were available but we couldn't book b/c the galaxy cruiser bookers were closed. They called the next morning and got on the phone after two hours of silent hold! No captain's table left (/sob), but we're still thrilled to be traveling when the experience will still be as close to how the imagineers imagined it as possible. I can only imagine it'll be diluted as the years go on and they make cuts in entertainment staff. We're not doing any of the experiences at Batuu mostly because we've all done them before but we will be dragging both our droids (one per couple) and all four sabers back with us!

I wish they had a suite with two double beds, but as it is we'll flip a coin for which pair has to split up in the bunk beds and we'll be thrilled either way! Can't wait to experience this!! If you're going on our voyage, send a message to say hi!

I think the lightsaber experience you must use a provided lightsaber....i think it is the special real extending one we have seen in videos
Interesting! That would be incredible. Honestly, I was worried about blades flying off the hilt and across the room (or across a head) if someone swung too hard. I've been in parades where a Jedi got a little too excited in the twirling! Different brands of sabers have different ways of securing the blade to the hilt, so hearing that it may be a supplied saber sounds much safer to me.

When I've done other "light saber trainings" one doesn't spar, one learns motions and practices them in the air. Any contact was highly choreographed, one contact at a time. This is what I would expect in the SW. Gal.Cruiser experience- tightly controlled movements and no spontaneous contact.

I think the lightsaber experience you must use a provided lightsaber....i think it is the special real extending one we have seen in videos
Sadly, I doubt this... The cool-looking, extending one in the videos just looks to be too fragile for anything but a show show/demonstration of some sort (not to be handled by guests). Would be really cool, though, so I hope I am wrong! :-)

I wish they had a suite with two double beds, but as it is we'll flip a coin for which pair has to split up in the bunk beds and we'll be thrilled either way! Can't wait to experience this!! If you're going on our voyage, send a message to say hi!
There is the Grand Captain Suite, which includes two queen beds (one in each of the bedrooms). It sounds fantastic, and something I would have considered if any of our friends were as crazy as we are. :D

It sounds fantastic, and something I would have considered if any of our friends were as crazy as we are. :D
This. Finding family and friends who are as crazy as we are and/or wanted to afford this experience, proved to be a challenge for us as well. That Captain Suite sounds pretty sweet!

Today I booked a standard room for my wife and me. September 19. Captain's Table for the 2nd evening. I was only on hold for about 5 minutes before I got to the first cast member. Then maybe 2 more minutes to get to the Starcruiser agent to book it. I was in and off the phone in about 30 minutes.

This. Finding family and friends who are as crazy as we are and/or wanted to afford this experience, proved to be a challenge for us as well. That Captain Suite sounds pretty sweet!
We are thinking of inviting a friend of ours to join us because she is a Disney nut, but she's single and would never be able to afford a room on her own. She would likely be able to afford the upcharge we'd have to pay to add a third adult though.

We booked the Galaxy Suite, but it's listed as a one bedroom suite, and we're curious if there is a door between the rooms to provide both us, and her, some privacy at night. Are there any confirmed floor plans, or actual photos of the rooms online yet? All I've seen so far are the artists conceptions.

Considering the amount of money being spent in this thread, I think everyone wants to keep the force positive right now lol. I will say, as someone sitting on the sidelines, I am also waiting on reviews with uncertainty.

I also think the reason there is confusion over getting priority access to Oga's, Savi's etc is because Disney did not consider that any of you would be doing any of those things during this particular experience. Your time on Batuu is pretty limited so I think they were planning to fill that with story moments, but are now considering if they should be turning you away from anywhere where you might spend more $$$. I think the plan all along was that you'd do those things on a day before or after Star Cruiser. However, I agree giving some priority access at those times should be a given.

I think having an emergency nighttime mission to Batuu after closing would be amazing and exactly the kind of thing you should be getting for this price. I hope Disney is in here taking notes.
Savis, Ogas and Droid is listed by Disney as a kind of optional extra cost shore excursion

We are thinking of inviting a friend of ours to join us because she is a Disney nut, but she's single and would never be able to afford a room on her own. She would likely be able to afford the upcharge we'd have to pay to add a third adult though.

We booked the Galaxy Suite, but it's listed as a one bedroom suite, and we're curious if there is a door between the rooms to provide both us, and her, some privacy at night. Are there any confirmed floor plans, or actual photos of the rooms online yet? All I've seen so far are the artists conceptions.
First of all, how very generous of you to consider adding your friend to your reservation!

Unfortunately, I do not believe that any confirmed floor plans / actual photos of any of the rooms have been released, other than a couple early photos of the regular cabins. From the renderings, it looks like there would be one drop down bed in the main bedroom, and another drop down bed in the living area. Typically, the Disney one-bedroom units do have a door between the bedroom and the living area and that would be my guess here, as well.

First of all, how very generous of you to consider adding your friend to your reservation!

Unfortunately, I do not believe that any confirmed floor plans / actual photos of any of the rooms have been released, other than a couple early photos of the regular cabins. From the renderings, it looks like there would be one drop down bed in the main bedroom, and another drop down bed in the living area. Typically, the Disney one-bedroom units do have a door between the bedroom and the living area and that would be my guess here, as well.
Thanks. I'll call the reservations number and see if they can confirm door or no door.

I too am curious as I have not seen any floor plans yet. I was thinking the one bedroom suites would be similar to the DVC one bedroom units, but just slightly smaller and without the full kitchen that the DVC units have, but that is just my speculation. Like the DVC units, I would expect that there would be a door to the bedroom portion.

What I'd like to see, and maybe they are planning for it, is early access to Galaxy's Edge for Star Cruiser guests. That way cruiser guests could at least have a chance to ride Smuggler's Run and Rise of the Resistance prior to the general public being let in. This wouldn't affect the general public being able to ride those rides later in the day.

For the price they're charging, even one extra hour in the morning at Batuu every other day would be reasonable (and preferable to evening, for those of us with kids). They could close off the rest of HS. It would allow for an experience where you really feel you are on a distant planet, as opposed to being surrounded by tourists in shorts and fanny packs. But then, I also think they should provide one costume per guest and just wash them in between. Could be something as simple as a robe that could go over other clothes. I'm not even someone who LARPs, but I think it's a missed opportunity not to go all in and make an immersive experience that their competition really can't match (especially since JK Rowling has expressly forbidden Universal from building a Harry Potter hotel).

Picture it: you arrive on Batuu, where you go straight to Ogas (where there are interesting aliens hanging out instead of other tourists) and while there, a shifty character comes by your table to invite you to smuggle something for a hefty fee (MF:SR) After you get off the ride, you are paid in credits (a preloaded SWGE gift card) so that you can shop the marketplace, and while in the marketplace (or at Droid Depot, or at Savi's), someone else might be recruiting for the Resistance. You get off ROTR and are offered breakfast at Docking Bay 7. After breakfast you return in your transport to the hotel (where you still have a full day and night for activities there) and the park opens to regular guests. They wouldn't even have to open up Star Tours, just those two rides, the marketplace, Docking Bay 7 and Ogas. And people will rave about feeling like they lived a Star Wars movie experience.

I called and booked yesterday afternoon as a Disney Visa cardholder. I didn’t realize how hard it was to get through until I read this thread. The first person answered after 10 minutes and the next one was 20 minutes later. I was on the phone less than an hour. I used the phone number in the Disney Visa email I received.

2A and 3K (17, 14 and 8) - I like Star Wars fine but the 4 males I’m traveling with are all Star Wars nerds. I booked a standard cabin for $7577.34 for 4/2/22 - it was the cheapest option during our spring break.

Interesting to note regarding the berths - I was told they can comfortably sleep a 6 foot 4 inch person as my teens are tall.

One other note we initially planned a 7 night voyage on DCL for this week - I’m still coming to grips with the price of that being $9328.61, which is only $1751.27 more then the Star Wars voyage, yet 5 extra nights.

I will cancel one of these obviously- just not sure which yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter