STAR WARS: GALACTIC STARCRUISER Official Information & Questions Thread

Does anyone know what the costume policy for kids will be?
Would he be allowed to wear this on the Halycon? I know this wouldn't be permitted on Battuu but are the guidelines/rules different for the Starcruiser?

Thats a fantastic costume!

The costume guidelines are on the Starcruiser website in the FAQ but the helmet and probably the blaster won’t be allowed unfortunately. Rules say you can’t have costume that covers your face or could obstruct peripheral vision. Blaster might fall afoul of the “no realistic looking weapons” rule as well.

link: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/star-wars-galactic-starcruiser/costume-guidelines/

Thats a fantastic costume!

The costume guidelines are on the Starcruiser website in the FAQ but the helmet and probably the blaster won’t be allowed unfortunately. Rules say you can’t have costume that covers your face or could obstruct peripheral vision. Blaster might fall afoul of the “no realistic looking weapons” rule as well.

link: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/star-wars-galactic-starcruiser/costume-guidelines/

Thanks for the link. Sounds like the rules are the same as Galaxy's Edge...

Does anyone know what the costume policy for kids will be?

I just finished my kids' (6 yrs old) Halloween costume/cosplay (custom 3d printed armor and helmet by a local 501st member that is a friend of mine...)

Would he be allowed to wear this on the Halycon? I know this wouldn't be permitted on Battuu but are the guidelines/rules different for the Starcruiser?

That's a great costume. Unfortunately I don't think the mask would be allowed, but perhaps the rest of the costume would be allowed. The full guidelines are posted on the faq but I can't post the link.
  • Guests ages 13 and under may wear some costume masks; masks may not cover the entire face and must provide unobstructed peripheral vision at all times with openings that allow the eyes to be fully seen.

So something I’ve been thinking about lately.

This may be more difficult for those with later in 2022 reservations. But for those with voyages March-April’ish….are you going to follow reviews/experiences? Radio silence on social media and blogs until you go?

It’s one thing if you’ve booked a dessert party for a few hundred bucks and the early reviews are bad. But this is a whole other level, it seems.
Our voyage is 5/4. I am going to try my darndest to avoid hearing ANYthing about what’s going to happen. I will follow message boards that are labeled “spoiler free,“ but that will be it. Luckily for me, March and April are my busiest months at work so hopefully that will work out.

Does anyone know when October bookings will become available?
Will it be a rolling month thing, so on this Monday 1st next October is bookable?

Does anyone know when October bookings will become available?
Will it be a rolling month thing, so on this Monday 1st next October is bookable?

Unfortunately we don’t know yet, we’ll have to wait on the mouse to reveal how the intend to handle rolling out future voyages.

So something I’ve been thinking about lately.

This may be more difficult for those with later in 2022 reservations. But for those with voyages March-April’ish….are you going to follow reviews/experiences? Radio silence on social media and blogs until you go?

It’s one thing if you’ve booked a dessert party for a few hundred bucks and the early reviews are bad. But this is a whole other level, it seems.

I’m not watching or reading anything. We are only a month past the first trip. My friend Laura said she’d scan reviews/bloggers/trip reports for me to see if there’s anything I really want to pack/not forget to make the experience more exciting. But other than that, like new rides, we are going in blind without any bias.

Checking in! September 9, 2022!!!
I'll be having my birthday dinner at the captains table!
We are so excited. We are looking for costume pieces and I'm brushing up on my Aurebesh. We follow Dan-o on fb and yt so we've had a lot of information already to help us start preparing.
I'm going to check out reviews after it starts. Not spoilers if I can avoid them, but tips and hints of stuff to make sure we don't miss anything and we get everything we can out of this incredibly expensive trip.

I had been calling since forever and today after half waking up from a nap, I felt a disturbance in the force. I dialed and within 5 minutes I got the first gate keeper and 45 minutes late I got a call back and was done in 15 minutes. We have not been to Disney since dec 2019 and just speaking to the CM made it all come back. I basically just go to Disney because of the people working there and the way they make you feel. ( i hope it did not change too much)

booked for 6/9. Now planning everything else!!!! Here we go again!

Just starting to look into this. Did they have a travel insurance option when you booked? Or does anyone have advice how to learn about that for this experience? I couldn’t find the cancellation policy. I certainly hope that wouldn’t be needed, but this is a big enough cost and I’d be booking much farther in advance than I normally do for trips, so I’m definitely thinking about this.

Just starting to look into this. Did they have a travel insurance option when you booked? Or does anyone have advice how to learn about that for this experience? I couldn’t find the cancellation policy. I certainly hope that wouldn’t be needed, but this is a big enough cost and I’d be booking much farther in advance than I normally do for trips, so I’m definitely thinking about this.

Here’s the Starcruiser cancellation policy, FYI:

Cancellation and Refunds
•​
For cancellations made 90 days or more prior to guest arrival, amounts paid, minus cancellation fees assessed by third party suppliers, non-refundable travel protection plan costs, and other amounts owed, will be refunded.
•​
For cancellations made 31 to 89 days prior to guest arrival, amounts paid, minus 50% of the price of the Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser package (excluding price of travel protection plan), plus any cancellation fees assessed by third party suppliers, non-refundable travel protection plan costs, and other amounts owed, will be refunded.
•​
For cancellations made 30 days or less prior to guest arrival or for no-shows, the full price of the package is non-refundable.
•​
No refunds will be made for early departure and for unused or partially used admission tickets, options or features, including meals.
•​
Any refunds allowed by Disney in its sole discretion after arrival must be requested in writing within 90 days after departure and may be assessed a $25 processing fee.
•​
Disney reserves the right to make refunds in accordance with the method that payment was received. All appropriate refunds will be made through the guest’s travel agent if original payment was made by the travel agent to Disney. Disney is not responsib

Here’s the Starcruiser cancellation policy, FYI:

Cancellation and Refunds
•​
For cancellations made 90 days or more prior to guest arrival, amounts paid, minus cancellation fees assessed by third party suppliers, non-refundable travel protection plan costs, and other amounts owed, will be refunded.
•​
For cancellations made 31 to 89 days prior to guest arrival, amounts paid, minus 50% of the price of the Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser package (excluding price of travel protection plan), plus any cancellation fees assessed by third party suppliers, non-refundable travel protection plan costs, and other amounts owed, will be refunded.
•​
For cancellations made 30 days or less prior to guest arrival or for no-shows, the full price of the package is non-refundable.
•​
No refunds will be made for early departure and for unused or partially used admission tickets, options or features, including meals.
•​
Any refunds allowed by Disney in its sole discretion after arrival must be requested in writing within 90 days after departure and may be assessed a $25 processing fee.
•​
Disney reserves the right to make refunds in accordance with the method that payment was received. All appropriate refunds will be made through the guest’s travel agent if original payment was made by the travel agent to Disney. Disney is not responsib

They also have travel insurance. We paid 176$ for 4. (The children portion is way cheaper)

Hi fellow Cruisers, there was someone upthread (I think, but I can’t find it now) that mentioned watching Dan O on YT. I watched it and it has gotten me even more excited about our “space” cruise, lol. Their is not that much info out there and it is so fun to speculate so…

It got me thinking about some things, (that aren’t spoilery, because I/they are just guessing for the most part).

You can select your arrival time Now, in My Disney experience, from 1pm-4pm. I went ahead and reserved a 1pm check in time so that we can have plenty of time to check stuff out. We are coming from the Poly, so it shouldn’t be a problem to get there early. We decided to come 2 days before our original arrival time, so that we can get used to the time difference and be ready to start our adventure (we are coming from HI). We had previously rented points from someone on the DIS to stay at the Boardwalk for 10 nights, so now we will be there 12 nights. It is even more exciting because we have not been to WDW since 2016. It will be so cool
for our kids (and us) to experience going to Galaxy’s Edge for the first time on an actual space excursion, instead of just walking thru the front gate like everyone else. The kids have no idea we are going!

Storyline. They might call you beforehand and ask you questions to figure out preferences for each guests schedule/storyline. For example, to inquire if you are loyal to the First Order, Resistance or a Scoundrel or whatever. And, maybe we can book any excursions like Savi’s, Oga’s or the Droid depot. I like Star Wars but am not super knowledgeable about it. My 13yr old son is way more into it than I am. What if we all want to be on different sides (he will pick the Dark Side). I think I should rewatch the movies, especially the ones in the storyline 7-9, to find out more about Galaxy’s edge, the characters, lingo, etc. I want to be able to knowledgeably immerse myself with the Characters and other Star Cruiser guests.

Costumes. Gotta figure that out, especially for the “luxury” dinners. I need some Space Couture! I think the dinners are going to be Super- Extra Fancy each evening. We have the Captains Table the first night and the second night is the big finale!! What is gonna happen ?! How amazing is that gonna be!?

When booking, they encourage everyone to download the Play Disney Parks app. I guess you will use that to get information that informs your storyline on the App/phone “Data Pad”. So, my husband and I have a phone/data pad but my 11 and 13 year old don’t. I wonder if it would be better for them to have their own data pad to check their storylines/communication on the app (especially if we all have different storylines). Wonder if
they will show you a picture of someone you are supposed to meet on Batuu or on the Cruiser.

Also, we booked a standard cabin for 4 because we thought the bunk beds looked cool (and it was less exspen$ive). But I am wondering about the the Galaxy class cabins with the pull down beds that have an “extra” (physical) element. What could it be!? It would be nice to have extra room and I have FOMO, haha. Also, each room will have screens/windows to outer space. I think we will be able to interact with the screen with our data pad or with our wrist band? to find out our schedule.

Droid racing with a practice area.

Lightsaber Training. Probably going to be done in groups of 3. One with the lightsaber and the other 2 with the shields, then you take turns. It is only for 7year old and up. What kind of light saber will be used??

Also, the Starcruiser will be down from 2am-6am so that we can all get some sleep.

<snip>
You can select your arrival time Now, in My Disney experience, from 1pm-4pm. I went ahead and reserved a 1pm check in time so that we can have plenty of time to check stuff out.

I assume you are referring to online check in, where they ask you to indicate your estimated arrival time at the Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser Terminal? Is this actually a "reservation," i.e., are they limiting people to certain time slots? Whenever you complete online check in for any WDW resort, they always ask for your estimated arrival time, with no guarantee that your room will be ready for you until after a certain time (3pm or 4pm). Had you heard that this is actually a hard, reserved time? If true, that would be important information, and a good reason to complete online check in earlier rather than later. I normally don't bother completing online check in until close to my travel date, but I just went ahead and checked in now, and also indicated 1pm for the same reasons as you.

<snip>
Also, the Starcruiser will be down from 2am-6am so that we can all get some sleep.
This is also something I was wondering about... Did you hear this information from an official Disney source?

It is all very exciting, and your post really got me thinking. :-)

Thanks again to the forum’s recommendation to use Dreams Unlimited, and special thanks to Makayla at Dreams, we got booked on Thursday with little hassle at all. We couldn’t get the Dreams selection form to submit (tried many times on many devices) until late Wednesday night and within minutes we had multiple emails from Makayla with tons of info, follow up questions, etc. (all around 9pm EST). Highly recommend Makayla and the Dreams team for booking this to take away the stress and hassle.

Okay. Add me to the list of visitors. My cousin Mike and I will be boarding on 6/1. We'll be leaving family and friends behind (even though I offered to let up to 2 of them add on for the $750/adult add on price).

<snip>

I assume you are referring to online check in, where they ask you to indicate your estimated arrival time at the Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser Terminal? Is this actually a "reservation," i.e., are they limiting people to certain time slots? Whenever you complete online check in for any WDW resort, they always ask for your estimated arrival time, with no guarantee that your room will be ready for you until after a certain time (3pm or 4pm). Had you heard that this is actually a hard, reserved time? If true, that would be important information, and a good reason to complete online check in earlier rather than later. I normally don't bother completing online check in until close to my travel date, but I just went ahead and checked in now, and also indicated 1pm for the same reasons as you.

<snip>

This is also something I was wondering about... Did you hear this information from an official Disney source?

It is all very exciting, and your post really got me thinking. :-)
Yes, I think it’s just like the online check in that you can select for any resort stay. I shouldn’t have used the word reserved. It’s the estimated arrival time you can choose (and adjust). It doesn’t guarantee your room will be ready.

Disclaimer on Everything I am saying. I don’t know anything, I forget where I hear most things and I am often wrong, lol! I did not hear any of this from an official source and if it was official, it would probably be on the website. I just watched the Dan O video and it got me wondering about a bunch of stuff. Regarding the downtime for the Star Cruiser, I think his travel agent said she has booked a few reservations for people and has been trying to get any little bit of extra info. out of the booking agents. I believe she might of heard that nugget from one of them.

Last edited:
My son and I will be going March 27th, and yes, I will be following reviews as I want to make sure to get the most out of our trip. That being said, I do not plan on discussing what I find with my son unless his input is needed on a specific decision ahead of time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter