STAR WARS: GALACTIC STARCRUISER Official Information & Questions Thread

The idea of the experience changing/being watered down after a few months makes me want to move my September date to an earlier one 😅
I’ve had that same thought myself since the original experience announcement, and it’s part of why I booked in the first block (though September is the end of the block so…)
I have lots of spring travel and summer plans though, so September made the most sense for me. We also have a trip to WDW in the works for late February already. The FOMO is major though 😄

I specifically asked that and they told me a 6’4” person could fit. My teens are tall so I asked,
I wouldn't trust them without the actual dimensions of the bunkbeds. They look like twin beds to me. Theoretically, twin beds "could fit" a six four person if they sleep diagonally without a pillow, but it won't be comfortable.

I’m as big of a SW and Disney fan as there is and when this was originally announced I was all in at the rumored pricing ($2-3k for my daughter and I). At $5k this is a big pass. Gonna let our APs expire and save for a great European vacation instead.

For reference I just replaced all my closet doors, railings and bannister and repainted my upstairs for less. I was really surprised to hear they sold out for the first few months. Part of me thinks Disney’s putting that out there to increase demand.

The idea of the experience changing/being watered down after a few months makes me want to move my September date to an earlier one 😅
I’ve had that same thought myself since the original experience announcement, and it’s part of why I booked in the first block (though September is the end of the block so…)
I have lots of spring travel and summer plans though, so September made the most sense for me. We also have a trip to WDW in the works for late February already. The FOMO is major though 😄

I'm worried about this too, and I know that's one reason Tom Bricker gave for booking early on his blog. But the end of August just made the most sense for us in terms of our other travel and Summer plans. I think probably April would be ideal in that they would have the kinks worked out but the level of engagement would still be strong. If I hear reports that it's being diluted by June, I'll cancel.

I was reading the DFB newsletter today and see that Disney is putting up a sweepstakes for a stay at the Galactic Starcruiser. In order to enter however, you need to be a member of D23. How is this legal? D23 is a paid membership and sweepstakes pretty much have a requirement that they can't require consideration (money exchanging hands), otherwise it is a lottery and lotteries are only permitted by the government. Is D23 a non-profit that is allowed to run a limited number of paid sweepstakes per IRS rules?

I was reading the DFB newsletter today and see that Disney is putting up a sweepstakes for a stay at the Galactic Starcruiser. In order to enter however, you need to be a member of D23. How is this legal? D23 is a paid membership and sweepstakes pretty much have a requirement that they can't require consideration (money exchanging hands), otherwise it is a lottery and lotteries are only permitted by the government. Is D23 a non-profit that is allowed to run a limited number of paid sweepstakes per IRS rules?

Not familiar with the sweepstakes, but being a D23 general member is free.

Yes, it's open to D23 general members which is free. It's the same requirements they had for the 3-year Disney+ deal before it launched, and there's plenty of people who signed up for D23 general membership just to get that deal.

Yes, it's open to D23 general members which is free. It's the same requirements they had for the 3-year Disney+ deal before it launched, and there's plenty of people who signed up for D23 general membership just to get that deal.
I definitely signed up for that! Also have a free membership and signed up for the Starcruiser giveaway

I’m wondering if there was some finagling of numbers there, like if all the suites are sold out through September and you add that to all the cumulative sales in June you get the equivalent of sold out, etc. etc.

Chapek is smart enough to know lieing to investors is a federal crime, but creative math isn’t necessarily.

By my count, there are currently 51 voyage departures that remain available for booking. and 56 are listed on the website as "sold out." Seems fairly impressive, considering that general booking has only been open for two weeks.

Last edited:
wow. I remember reading about this when Galaxy's Edge was being built and now here it is. Very pricey. I wonder how it will be...seems like you will need to have the right spirit and engage with the experience. It seems to have the potential to be cheesy.

You can put me down for August 4-6th! I can't believe this is happening! I'm so excited. I definitely need to get on building my costumes.

Got you added to Post #2!

If I’ve missed anyone else lately (got behind a bit), please don’t hesitate to give me a nudge.

Not familiar with the sweepstakes, but being a D23 general member is free.
Thanks for that reminder. I had upgraded to GOLD in 2020, and did not renew in 2021, but forgot that I still retained the Free General Member status. I just entered the sweepstakes(🤞) even though I already have a SWGS reservation for 3/29 :darth:
I don't see anyone else from the DIS listed on the 3/29 voyage yet.....
I just retired this year and, as I age, I tend to jump on these types of opportunities when they present themselves - Some would call it FOMO, but I call it seizing my WOO (Window Of Opportunity):D
I also believe in IRONY, so the fact that I have already paid for a stay on the Starcruiser should increase my chances of winning the sweepstakes, eh ??? :earboy2:

Did anyone else notice that the sweepstakes travel dates in the official rules are actually before the Starcruiser officially opens?
E2521F15-9668-404D-8F0F-ED6ED105C024.jpeg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter