STAR WARS: GALACTIC STARCRUISER Official Information & Questions Thread

I think that's a mistake for Tim and Jenn. It will ruin either one of their experiences or both as a child needs should and will take precedent over the story and experience. It also has the possibility of ruining the experience of others. Sorry if it sounds like I'm being a killjoy but having a 2 year old having a melt down while I'm trying to suspend reality and believe I'm in a Galaxy far far away at $125 an hour is not something I'd be too happy about. its not like the child will remember any of it anyway.
Even kids at 5 will just be smashing all the buttons in bridge training and wont be able for the most part to take part in the wider story going on.
They don’t have kids in space ?!

I think that's a mistake for Tim and Jenn. It will ruin either one of their experiences or both as a child needs should and will take precedent over the story and experience. It also has the possibility of ruining the experience of others. Sorry if it sounds like I'm being a killjoy but having a 2 year old having a melt down while I'm trying to suspend reality and believe I'm in a Galaxy far far away at $125 an hour is not something I'd be too happy about. its not like the child will remember any of it anyway.
Even kids at 5 will just be smashing all the buttons in bridge training and wont be able for the most part to take part in the wider story going on.

My son is two weeks younger than Jackson and they are definitely brave people for bringing him along. :D We don't plan to go until our son is at least five or six. However, from what I've seen of his behavior, I think Jackson could handle it waaaaay better than my two-year old. I also think they are bringing someone with them to watch Jackson if he needs a break.

You think its a mistake to take kid's to a Disney experience? LOL! Maybe comic-con is more suitable for you. If I see a kid mashing buttons, I will just join in the fun or watch and enjoy their enthusiasm!

You think its a mistake to take kid's to a Disney experience? LOL! Maybe comic-con is more suitable for you. If I see a kid mashing buttons, I will just join in the fun or watch and enjoy their enthusiasm!
This one yes. It looks like most of the big stuff in the 'story' happens after 9pm. Meaning mum or dad (or both) and the child will miss it.

This one yes. It looks like most of the big stuff in the 'story' happens after 9pm. Meaning mum or dad (or both) and the child will miss it.
Not everyone has to have or may even want the full experience. Some may just go, stay in a new hotel, enjoy some food and some live action and have a few interactions with characters. How is this any different than all of Disney? Late shows and fireworks, rides that most 2 year olds cant go on, etc. And I dont want to here its too expensive for that. Worth and money is relative.

Last edited:
Not everyone has to have or may even want the full experience. Some may just go, stay in a new hotel, enjoy some food and some live action and have a few interactions with characters. And I dont want to here its too expensive for that. Worth and money is relative.
Oh yes I agree, but there is also the consideration of others that are hoping to get the most immersive experience.

My original point was also one of caution in seeing the Trackers experience as a 'review', as due to having the little one it might not be the greatest reference point for families not taking very young kids.

It really depends on the kid and His/her age. Older kids Yes. But younger kids (toddlers) maybe not. Keep in mind that there is no playground or pool. Nor is any of the Disney characters there. If kids are into Star Wars than Maybe. When I watched the video from the Dis, I was impressed how the First Order Officer and Rey interacted with the kids that were Onboard so to speak.

I'm looking forward to hearing Tim and Jen's experience and Jackson is still at that age when they can be a scared of a character. For example Jackson's reaction to Frankenstein and the Minions when they went to Universal

Last edited:

That phone number worked the best! Thank you! I was on hold for 10-15 minutes whereas the phone number of 407-939-1800 just kept saying the line was closed! I kept calling throughout the day yesterday but it never changed. Same for this morning. Maybe because I'm on the west coast?
I just tried and was on hold for about 30 minutes before it cut me off :( Trying again.

Has anyone asked today about suite availability? Just wondering what the first availability is.

Curious if the Halcyon badges that are given for Batuu are returned once onboard the shuttle back. I would imagine so or else I could see people wearing them to try and get special access in the land. Very happy to hear the level of service is so good - even down to refreshing cloths and water bottles on Batuu apparently.

I’ve been waiting for October to open for bookings!!! Looks like tomorrow morning is go time any tips from you pros that already went through the booking process? I’m so unbelievably excited to board the Halcyon!!!

Last edited:
Where did you hear that they are opening October bookings tomorrow? I called yesterday and they wouldn't tell me!
I posted earlier this morning (post #1690) that the online availability calendar now goes through December. I even seen that one voyage in November is already sold out... If it is on the availability calendar, I think that means you can book those dates now.

ETA: I just read the wdwnt article...I guess they opened the calendar for viewing one day early?

Oh yes I agree, but there is also the consideration of others that are hoping to get the most immersive experience.

My original point was also one of caution in seeing the Trackers experience, as due to having the little one it might not be the greatest reference point for families not taking very young kids.

I think people paying what this is costing are in for the whole experience

Curious if the Halcyon badges that are given for Batuu are returned once onboard the shuttle back. I would imagine so or else I could see people wearing them to try and get special access in the land. Very happy to hear the level of service is so good - even down to refreshing cloths and water bottles on Batuu apparently.
I suspect anyone trying to board the transport shuttle would have to scan their magicband to confirm they are on an active voyage.

I suspect anyone trying to board the transport shuttle would have to scan their magicband to confirm they are on an active voyage.
I didn’t mean the shuttle but the “VIP” experiences in Batuu. But I guess it really wouldn’t matter if the pin is for keeps/a souvenier because you wouldn’t have the LL, etc.

We are PIF for our early May voyage and are excited about trying something new. We haven't had LARP or cosplay experience in the past. I think we'll still with some neutral colored comfortable clothing.

We have remained spoiler-free (no vlogger watching) but have been reading along here for tips.

Not sure if this is an angle you were touching on or not, but as a spinoff to this comment, I’m not so sure what I would think as a fellow passenger on the same voyage as someone constantly videotaping and perhaps narrating/talking through much of the experience.

Obviously you’re not with the same people and vloggers generally aren’t filming all of the time and many take care to minimize filming of others so my concern is overblown, but if I’m being honest I am there for the Starcruiser experience, not to be in Famous Blogger X’s videos. It’s one thing to be in the parks where such situations are fleeting moments, but this experiance feels different given the close quarters.

I know that’s a curmudgeon view in today’s world, but just my opinion!

Not sure if this is an angle you were touching on or not, but as a spinoff to this comment, I’m not so sure what I would think as a fellow passenger on the same voyage as someone constantly videotaping and perhaps narrating/talking through much of the experience.

Obviously you’re not with the same people and vloggers generally aren’t filming all of the time and many take care to minimize filming of others so my concern is overblown, but if I’m being honest I am there for the Starcruiser experience, not to be in Famous Blogger X’s videos. It’s one thing to be in the parks where such situations are fleeting moments, but this experiance feels different given the close quarters.

I know that’s a curmudgeon view in today’s world, but just my opinion!
100%

Question for those of you are planning to do this as part of a longer WDW trip. Are you trying to Galactic Star Cruiser at the beginning, middle, or end of your time there?

We've never been to WDW but are planning to do a trip later this year or in 2023. We are big Star Wars fans so trying to figure out if this might be doable for us, but I wouldn't want to miss out on the rest of the WDW experience. I think we'd be too jet lagged at a beginning of a trip to enjoy the Galactic Star Cruiser (Pacific time zone), are most people saving for the end of your trip? Also considering maybe in the middle with different moderate resorts on either end. But that's a lot of changing of hotels... We'd probably have 7-8 days total in Orlando.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter