STAR WARS: GALACTIC STARCRUISER Official Information & Questions Thread

This is genius! Your enthisuasm is contagious and you are making me wish I booked an earlier voyage!!!!!
Thanks. I was really torn on whether to go with English or Aurebesh. Aurebesh is more authentic and immersive, but I foresee a lot of people asking us what our shirts say. As a result, I got my fake business cards printed in English.

It would be pretty awesome if the data pads Disney gives you had an Aurebesh-to-English translator app built in.

Thanks. I was really torn on whether to go with English or Aurebesh. Aurebesh is more authentic and immersive, but I foresee a lot of people asking us what our shirts say. As a result, I got my fake business cards printed in English.

It would be pretty awesome if the data pads Disney gives you had an Aurebesh-to-English translator app built in.

The datapads do have a translator, but they don’t always work very well.

I did some random searches yesterday on Amazon and the web in general and found some interesting items that we might be able to make work. Here are some examples...

And every item shown cost less than $30.

Thanks for the inspiration! I’m also considering checking out local thrift stores for pieces that can be accessorised.

I had a quote for a weekend rate end of July for 4 adults and I believe it was around $6,600. Not exact, but that should give you a good idea of cost. For reference, a Galaxy Suite was about $1,200 more.

Good to know! Apart from the extra space were you advised what the “little extras” are that come with the Galaxy Suite please?

Recently back to my home planet. I’ll do a better review at some point later, but just wanted to quickly post that IMHO that was absolutely a fantastic experience…way beyond expectations. All of us (2 adults, kids 11 & 7) had a total blast. It’s hard to define “worth” as it’s so subjective, but that was easily some of the best $ I’ve spent at WDW in awhile. I’m frankly shocked I’m saying that as we’re not really Star Wars fans (it’s not that we’re not fans, just not the type that can recite canon), and I barely know what LARP means, but I do like fun experiences and entertainment (which is why we like destinations like WDW in the first place), and this was exactly that - tons of fun and incredibly entertaining. Oddly enough all four of us agree we would do it again at some point in the future.

Had not really followed reviews or spoilers so frankly walked in with an open mind to somewhat skeptical (hard not to be at the price), but the experience absolutely worked well for us. It’s really hard to even articulate as it touches on so many emotions and experiences. We’ve all been sitting here this morning talking about all the fun things that transpired over the journey.

That’s my quick take, for what it’s worth. Happy to answer any questions.
How did your 7 year old do? Mine will be turning 8 & 10 by the time we “cruise” in august.

We stayed at All star Music the night before. They could not do a luggage transfer like we have done the past between Disney resorts. They called a Mears taxi for us and a cast member gave the driver a voucher when we arrived at GS. (We tipped him). We arrived right at 1. There was a line to get in but CMs were checking you in as you waited to clear security. The energy was high and it was fun checking out everyone’s costumes. Not everyone dressed though, it was maybe 50/50. No regrets at arriving right at 1 even with the 20 ish minute wait to get in because we were able to eat, do the data pad training and the ship tour all before muster at 4at our leisure.

We did both rides and Oga’s cantina on Batuu. We were there from 9-12 roughly. This leads to the next question but depending on your involvement you will have missions to do on Batuu so that also takes time. We opted to eat lunch on the Halycon instead of eating in Batuu.

We were definitely involved and I truly believe that enhanced our experience. My youngest daughter (9) bought in completely and both my girls (older is 11) found themselves in a lot of fun situations and some characters knew them by first name. Some of that was luck of the draw being in the right places at theright time. My biggest advice is go up to the characters - introduce yourself (they do remember names if they keep seeing you) and ask them questions in role (we want to help, what can we do, etc etc - I could get more detailed but I don’t want to give anything away). Stay in the atrium or on the fourth floor -stuff will start happening on a whim. If you see a group, join in. Because we did the missions on day 1 and Batuu from the comms on our data pad, wehad events added to our itinerary on the second night that were amazing with a small group both times.

sorry for the lengthy response!
Which “track” did your girls choose? Did they go off on their own or did you have them follow your “track”? Mine will be newly 8 and almost 10 when we go!

The datapads do have a translator, but they don’t always work very well.
There are 2 options for the translator. If you are in Batuu you can take a picture of the Aurebesh text and it will provide a translation. This is based on your location and will not work off property. The other option is to type each letter into the datepad for translation, this works at home.

20220312_184054.jpg
Sunday evening we finally revealed the trip to my kids with a letter from the Captain. They keyed in every single character, took them forever.

There are 2 options for the translator. If you are in Batuu you can take a picture of the Aurebesh text and it will provide a translation. This is based on your location and will not work off property. The other option is to type each letter into the datepad for translation, this works at home.

View attachment 654971
Sunday evening we finally revealed the trip to my kids with a letter from the Captain. They keyed in every single character, took them forever.
Please put this on Etsy and TAKE MY MONEY!!!!

I have a feeling you get into Halloween as well, and we would be fast friends.. ;)

Please put this on Etsy and TAKE MY MONEY!!!!

I have a feeling you get into Halloween as well, and we would be fast friends.. ;)
Guilty. When I die I'm donating my Halloween costume collection to the Smithsonian.

I made the white and silver credits from painted wooden nickels and plaques leftover from the holidays. The rest I bought. Just random tactile bits for betting for our Sabacc games.

I prepared a welcome letter that my kids translated using the Play Disney app. If you would like a letter sent to your younglings please send message with the name and email for .pdf delivery.

Sabacc deck- purchased in Batuu
Galactic credits- I made some and purchased the other ones on Amazon, store name The Broken Token Store
Kyber crystals- vase filler also from Amazon
Dice for Corusant Shift Sabacc variant played on the Halycon- I made them
Spice- made using glitter and vials from Hobby Lobby
I cut all the vinyl using my Cricut and images I found on the web

Are there going to be areas in the resort where rebels have their supply shop, and Empire’s officers or storm troopers can gift shop.

Does anyone know if the data pad app has any accessibility features? (like reading text out loud?) My son has severe dyslexia/print disability and would likely struggle to follow things on the data pad. But he is also getting old enough that he might not want to follow long with mom and dad for everything or have us read to him in front of other people.

Good to know! Apart from the extra space were you advised what the “little extras” are that come with the Galaxy Suite please?
No, this was fairly early-on when GS first started booking so the phone CM did not know what else might be included.

I booked a reservation at the Droid Depot and Savi's during our HS park day a few days before our GSC reservation because I didn't want to try to fit too much into our excursion to Batuu and miss something on the ship. We did get a reservation for Oga's cantina during our excursion because I heard there is a story-link opportunity there.

My question, for those who have already had the GSC experience - if you went to Savi's or the Droid Depot during the excursion to Batuu, were there any GSC perks, story hooks, etc. during those experiences?

Thanks!

I booked a reservation at the Droid Depot and Savi's during our HS park day a few days before our GSC reservation because I didn't want to try to fit too much into our excursion to Batuu and miss something on the ship. We did get a reservation for Oga's cantina during our excursion because I heard there is a story-link opportunity there.

My question, for those who have already had the GSC experience - if you went to Savi's or the Droid Depot during the excursion to Batuu, were there any GSC perks, story hooks, etc. during those experiences?

Thanks!
Savi's and Droid Depot there's not a GSC experience and the Disney Cast members for starcruiser can confirm. As far as the Oga's your mileage may vary on the GSC experience. In our party we were split whether it was worth it or not. Keep in mind we've been to Oga's multiple times. Without giving it away one member in our group unlocked the Oga's reward outside(potential cheat ;)) prior to goin in and being seated. While the rest unlocked it inside. Our group wanted to spend as much time on the starcruiser as possible. However, my nephew was bored because there's a lull in activities on board the starcruiser for x amount of hours for the intent is for one to spend time in Batuu. We did do the 2 rides and Oga's then went back. It was nice participating in the lightening lane for the 2 rides I think once Disney World matures the experience that they may want to consider having more activities on board. We literally received no survey or ways to better the experience from Disney. But as a group that was a main topic at dinner one night.

Oh and make sure whatever you buy on the starcruiser that a Disney cast member has placed the item correctly in your bag. We had an item missing and an item in our bag that wasn't ours. We made a purchase at the outside terminal and you'll feel rushed because the push is on to have you exit the property but by that time your so worn out that you just want to go to the next part of your vacation or home and you could easily miss an item in your bag. In our case someone in our party now has 2 of the same pin and doesn't have the whole set due to missing one pin. So just be cognizant of your purchase. We called Disney they asked for receipt and pictures then told us they couldn't get the pin to us but could give us a gift card for the item that we paid for but didn't receive. Which was to my dismay because you pay a lot for the starcruiser to the point that you have expectations or hope of Disney going the extra mile for you or exercising some magic. A part of me didn't want to write this paragraph. But it's a sore spot with a member in our group and hopefully no one else will experience such minimal loss as a pin. But pin collector's tend to be so into their pins that I get it.

Last edited:
Oh and make sure whatever you buy on the starcruiser that a Disney cast member has placed the item correctly in your bag. We had an item missing and an item in our bag that wasn't ours. We made a purchase at the outside terminal and you'll feel rushed because the push is on to have you exit the property but by that time your so worn out that you just want to go to the next part of your vacation or home and you could easily miss an item in your bag.
Thanks for the heads up on the Batuu activities. I'm not sure I understand the portion I quoted above. I thought there was a gift shop on the GSC where you could buy things and it operated like any gift shop - you chose what you want and take it to the counter. Maybe what you're talking about is separate from that. It sound like you told someone what you wanted as you were checking out/leaving and they picked it out and bagged it for you?

This brings up another question - how was the availability of exclusive items you could purchase on board, and what are the limitations? Do they limit you to one of any item per person?

Oh and also, will they ship items home for you like other Disney resorts will?

Thanks!

Thanks for the heads up on the Batuu activities. I'm not sure I understand the portion I quoted above. I thought there was a gift shop on the GSC where you could buy things and it operated like any gift shop - you chose what you want and take it to the counter. Maybe what you're talking about is separate from that. It sound like you told someone what you wanted as you were checking out/leaving and they picked it out and bagged it for you?

This brings up another question - how was the availability of exclusive items you could purchase on board, and what are the limitations? Do they limit you to one of any item per person?

Oh and also, will they ship items home for you like other Disney resorts will?

Thanks!
Starcruiser has 2 shops the main shop is inside and is open the first 2 days. The other shop is only open on the last day for a few hours only for exiting starcruiser guests it called the terminal outpost. It's a small pop up store. As you exit the main doors of the hotel it's off to right. The day you arrive it will not be open to you nor the first 2 days of your excursion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter