STAR WARS: GALACTIC STARCRUISER Official Information & Questions Thread

Can you share the brand of the charging station? It's hard to see in the picture, I like this one and would like to find it.
It was from Amazon - it’s a couple years old and I can’t find the exact one but it’s called “ayepow” - any sort of charging dock would work well. The short cables are from BSTOEM and my kiddos put the little animal cable protectors on them. I like that the cables are braided so they don’t break easily.

Got back on Friday and it was AMAZING!! I give it a hard core 10/10. It really was like nothing else I'd ever experienced.

I have Disney parked myself out, so doing something like this was perfect for me. And I would do it again in a heartbeat (as soon as I save the money). The best part was just being there with everyone else, knowing you're all huge Star Wars Nerds and just everyone else is just as excited.
What with the trip being in space and all, how does the lighting work to transition from day to night and back? At home the sun wakes me up. Is there a fancy setup where you can have the lights gradually dim on to mimic the sun rising at your preferred wake time? Or do you just have to set an alarm and wale up in the dark? This problem is one that occurred to me yesterday and I’m very curious about how the Halcyon accommodates or doesn’t accommodate the natural wake-sleep cycles of planet-dwelling guests.
No light changes. It affected my 14 year old more than me, but it was hard getting up in the morning. I actually set me alarm for 15 minutes earlier and then got up and opened the "Window" to space before we actually had to get up.
Saw on Facebook today that the “good” pins are back!
We had the nice pins. They were actually unboxing them as they were giving them out so I get the impression they just arrived!
Checked my data pad today and it looks like my full itinerary has posted. Except for our Batuu Transport. It says to see a Crew Member to schedule it. Does that mean I have to wait until we are on board? We'd like to get on one of the earlier transports, so if I don't have to wait, I'd rather not.

Can I call them to schedule it like I did the Captain's table and the Portrait Experience?

Thanks, and sorry if this has already been answered.
We asked a CM and they said we could go whenever, they just wanted to make sure that everyone had a time. I suspect there were people who didn't ask and just went when they were scheduled.

As for schedules - things could vary by 5-10 minutes so be aware of that. It's all very organic, so...keep that in mind.

I went in fairly blind (I knew some of the bigger spoilers) and I'd say that's the way to go.

Don't be afraid to push buttons.

This was actually my first trip to Batuu. After the small (ish) group on the Halycon, it was A LOT of people, and we got cranky fairly quickly. But we rode both rides, completed our missions and explored a little bit before we headed back to the Halycon for lunch (and apparently just missed the rain on Batuu). CM's did look at our Pins and we were welcomed warmly.

If you think you're going overboard with your costume - you're not. Clothes ran the gamut from shorts and tee shirts to full on regalia. A lot of people wearing beige and vests and when on a "space ship," it totally reads as Star Wars, lol. That said, my son never felt out of place in his Star Wars tee shirts. Layers wouldn't be bad (temperature wise) but I never felt cold in short sleeves.

One of my favorite things was that we left the starcruiser and went to disney springs to kill some time, where we ran into several people from our sailing - in the Star Wars Store.

Oooh, - and the outdoor store, the one that's open during departure, had very few sizes, but I was able to to sign into my disney store account when i got home and ordered the correct size (it's says it's available to cruisers for up to 30 days after your trip).

What part is where you are driven in the box truck? The bit just before entering the atrium or just the journey to Batuu?

Could you comment on how comfortable the couch was to sleep on? We have a Galaxy suite booked so my DS15 will have his own space at night and just to have some extra room. He is about 5'10" at this point and growing. I really don't want him to be uncomfortable. My choices are to keep what we have for the extra space or downgrade to a regular room so he can have a bunk, but, obviously, we give up the living room. I'm not willing to upgrade to GC even if it were available.
The couch was actually decent to sleep on -- I'm about the same height as yor DS, and there was plenty of additional length. It wasn't very wide though:)

Booked for October 17th!

Question I forgot to ask when booking... our flight leaves at 4pm our departure day. Would they hold our luggage and get us over to Disney Springs for the afternoon and then back and to the airport? We may or may not have a rental car, and this is probably the biggest deciding factor as all the resort stuff we're doing before Starcruiser we could probably live without one...

Last edited:
Booked for October 17th!

Question I forgot to ask when booking... our flight leaves at 4pm our departure day. Would they hold our luggage and get us over to Disney Springs for the afternoon and then back and to the airport? We may or may not have a rental car, and this is probably the biggest deciding factor as all the resort stuff we're doing before Starcruiser we could probably live without one...

I would call and confirm, but I doubt it. They don't run the Disney Springs bus from the Starcruiser as early as you have to depart. And I don't see any way they would hold your bags for later--access to the terminal is limited, they will be busy getting the new group in by noonish, and they probably aren't going to want people trying to come back. (They were super polite, but that last morning, they just want you out of there.) Note that parking is valet only, if that makes a difference to you.

Can someone help me with a question who's actually done the star cruiser? My friend who's going along thinks that he's going to miss out on Star Cruiser Roleplaying valuable time if he does Savi's workshop during our trip to Batuu. This is a two part question:
1. Does Savi's do anything special if you build a lightsaber while you're on your excursion?
2. Would the 20 minutes taken actually take away from anything story related in Galaxy's edge? I was kind of under the impression that the story telling elements are "lacking" while on the excursion from other poster's comments.
I really don't want to have to come back and build a light saber for him on another day and he doesn't seem to believe me that it's not really a long experience. Plus I'd rather have Disney/My Travel Agent make a Savi's reservation for me instead of me having to do it.
Thanks in advance!

Can someone help me with a question who's actually done the star cruiser? My friend who's going along thinks that he's going to miss out on Star Cruiser Roleplaying valuable time if he does Savi's workshop during our trip to Batuu. This is a two part question:
1. Does Savi's do anything special if you build a lightsaber while you're on your excursion?
2. Would the 20 minutes taken actually take away from anything story related in Galaxy's edge? I was kind of under the impression that the story telling elements are "lacking" while on the excursion from other poster's comments.
I really don't want to have to come back and build a light saber for him on another day and he doesn't seem to believe me that it's not really a long experience. Plus I'd rather have Disney/My Travel Agent make a Savi's reservation for me instead of me having to do it.
Thanks in advance!

While I didn’t do Savi’s on our Batuu excursion (although have done it in the past) - my take is that you absolutely have plenty of time to do it and it won’t distract from your story one bit. If anything the vibe of the Savi’s experience fits in nicely with a Starcruiser stay, to some extent.

While there are a few things to do on Batuu as part of your story, it’s not an overwhelming time commitment so to me you have a lot of flexibility with your choices.

Curious what others have to say, but that’s my take.

Thanks in advance!
I don’t think it would take away - we had plenty of time on Batuu and stayed 5 hours, even riding both rides twice once standby and once with passes. In fact we felt there was the most downtime by coming back early around 2-2:30pm. They totally could do it. Have the Starcruiser phone person set it up for you though - you should be able to get what you want.

The more missions you complete on Batuu - at least from our experience- the more things happen for you night two. But even those aren’t super time consuming.

Thanks in advance!
We did Savi's and Droid depot and even had plenty of time for the rides, lunch, Oga's for drinks and the missions. Neither Savis or Droid took away from the theme. One of the Saja on board did ask my son about his lightsaber though. Hint, Oga's does add to the experience with the storyline.

We got back on Friday as well. The experience was amazing. Such a stark contrast from the "youtubers" hate (which I can only at this point assume is for clicks or hate because they cant afford). l. My son even got called out by Lt. Croy in the finale.

Headed home from our 9 days in Central Florida. Our Starcruiser trip was scheduled on days 3-5 - my family of 5 loved it (kids ages 17, 14, and 8) and agreed that it was a solid 8.5/10 on the scale of things we’ve ever done. Here’s random assortment of thoughts I had. (Photos in the post following)

Thoughts/Ramblings:
1. Make sure your costume/clothes have pockets or come with some sort of costume inspired bag. Both myself the 8 year old constantly had to figure out where to put our datapads when not needed. Our costumes consisted of robes off Etsy, clothing we already owned and supplemental pieces off Amazon.
2. Wear an Inspired Batuu outfit - we got tees that matched our outfit/costume and shorts. It’s too hot to wear a full getup. On the flip side wearing full gear onboard is fine as the temperature was comfortable for layers.
3. Be an early riser on Batuu if possible. Our data pad said 8:20am but nobody was checking so we got on right before 8am - we stood standby for Rise and Smugglers with 20ish min waits and enjoyed them again later when the lines were ridiculous with our passes.
4. Do the jobs and scans on Batuu - these unlocked several cool missions that were pivotal to the storyline onboard later that night. On one such mission that was invite only - had only 30ish people - and it was AMAzing!
5. This may go without saying but with one room and one shower - we staggered evening showers and stayed out of the stateroom until the people before us were done. This also helped the little guy fall asleep with less interruptions - though since it was past 10PM most nights that wasn’t a problem.
6. Ladies - no bench in the shower - shave prior to arrival…the shower pressure was off the charts and I felt the towels to be more plush then those of our deluxe resort.
7. Don’t overpack - we used one packing cube per person - and a toiletry & shoe suitcase. Everything fit well and we never felt crowded with 5 in our regular room. I’d rather spend money elsewhere because we were hardly there. We did have our own vehicle and were able to leave the rest of the trip luggage in it.
8. Worth it? Yes? I wouldn’t go if you can’t afford it but if you can save for it - do it. You just can’t get the cast member sort interaction anywhere else. It was phenomenal -especially if you were just roaming around and someone asked you for help
9. 1000% buy the photo package. We had ours at 2pm on Batuu day and it was perfect to come back early and eat lunch and get changed back into costumes.
10. Charge your devices during meals! You really don’t need them then and it was great to get a slight screen break. Consider a charging station pictured below - ours held our 5 iPhones.
11. We slept in - ate breakfast later and didn’t leave until the very end, 10AM. If you don’t have plans that next day go for it.
12. We personally preferred the tees and pins at the Pop-up shop after you left. I spent more money on souvenirs there then onboard.

There are slight dislikes.
1. My son has peanut and tree nut allergies. For the price I had hoped they’d accommodate with desserts better. The food for meals was easily chosen and brought from the kitchen with their allergy protocol. My survey strongly suggested carrying prepackaged Enjoy Life or other products onboard for people that take cross contamination seriously. He didn’t get to enjoy the dessert party either. It didn’t ruin our trip but I was slightly sad for him. (We always pack allergy treats so he didn’t go completely without). Along those same lines, I was not a fan of the nut trail mix in the afternoons in the atrium. And every single wrapped treat had a nut warning. Though CMs are constantly cleaning after people in the atrium and I wouldn’t be surprised if they vacuumed the upholstery each night to keep things spotless. My son is not contact/dust reactive.
2. We felt there was about 2-3 hours of downtime on Day 2 before dinner - couldn’t really find anything to do after running around for a full day. A problem, not necessarily, but it felt odd.
3. Don’t push the room droid button until you can all hear it - we couldn’t get it to repeat things or messages when one child did that without all of us present.
One little tip that may help too on ladies shaving the legs, if you forget ahead of time, see if the room trash cans can be flipped. Our family was down in kIssimmee in 2019 and I am a shower person not a bath person. Our shower had no ledge, but I found if I just flipped the bathroom can, I had a place to put my foot. I am a plus sized gal, and it held up fine! lol

Thanks in advance!

Savi’s doesn’t do anything special but then you have your lightsaber for the rest of the cruise. Especially nice if you’re doing the photo session.

Your time on Batuu is self-directed and doing whatever experience will not necessarily make you miss out on something else. You can fit your missions in as you like.

We did Savi's and Droid depot and even had plenty of time for the rides, lunch, Oga's for drinks and the missions. Neither Savis or Droid took away from the theme. One of the Saja on board did ask my son about his lightsaber though. Hint, Oga's does add to the experience with the storyline.

We got back on Friday as well. The experience was amazing. Such a stark contrast from the "youtubers" hate (which I can only at this point assume is for clicks or hate because they cant afford). l. My son even got called out by Lt. Croy in the finale.
My I ask, does Oga's add to the story-line, like to complete a mission? Do you recommend making an reservation for it? Did you feel it was a must do on the excursion day?

We were thinking of skipping Oga's on the excursion day (we went last summer). Thanks in advance!! Sorry for all the questions!

My I ask, does Oga's add to the story-line, like to complete a mission? Do you recommend making an reservation for it? Did you feel it was a must do on the excursion day?

We were thinking of skipping Oga's on the excursion day (we went last summer). Thanks in advance!! Sorry for all the questions!

Yes, Oga’s forwards a mission. But my impression is that you could stop by the entrance and the CMs would help, so no reservation required. That may have changed, though, so would be interested to hear from more recent sailings.

Yes, Oga’s forwards a mission. But my impression is that you could stop by the entrance and the CMs would help, so no reservation required. That may have changed, though, so would be interested to hear from more recent sailings.
Thank-you for the info!

We are not "sailing" till the summer, so I will keep following this thread for updated experiences. Everyone has been very helpful here & it is greatly appreciated (especially for an obsessive planner like me...lol)

we ended up carrying messages to Oga's from the Halcyon bartenders. But I would have booked Oga's anyway, just because I enjoy it. One thing I did not know is that you can use the Batuu day lunch credit at any park and save it for your disembarkation day. I went straight to the airport so it was good that we used it at GE, but it would have been possible to eat onboard ship and still use the credit.

We did plenty of missions on Batuu.

Thanks in advance!
Trouble with it is is it really 20 minutes? When we built our sabers it took over an hour… check in, pay, holding pen and then finally to the experience. I wouldn’t spend my star cruiser time doing it personally.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter