STAR WARS: GALACTIC STARCRUISER Official Information & Questions Thread

So, this is a weird question, but how late do things stay open in the hotel? If I'm walking around at midnight or 2am, is there anything open or going on? Surely they don't keep the story items moving at all hours...

The story is over around 10pm each night. On Night 2, there's a Dessert buffet from 10pm - 11pm.
The shop closes at 11pm each night (and is not open on departure day).
The Sublight Lounge closes at 1am Night 1 and 2am Night 2.

Curious about the 1-day SWG ticket. What happens if a guest doesn't go to Batuu? Does it just disappear from the account?

Curious about the 1-day SWG ticket. What happens if a guest doesn't go to Batuu? Does it just disappear from the account?
It's not a real ticket, so yeah if you don't go you can't use it for anything later.
It's not a "front gate ticket". You are taken from air lock to planetary landing pad. (i.e. you go in a special entrance on the backside straight into Batuu. You come into the park near the Tie shuttle.

For all of us fans of the Halcyon, there is a new Star Wars novel out entitled The Princess and the Scoundrel. It takes place right after the events of Return of the Jedi. Importantly for the conversation, Han and Leia end up going on the Halcyon for part of their honeymoon. It was fun to read about them going to parts of the ship we’ve been on - the atrium, the bridge, the dining room, and the climate simulator. Definitely Disney marketing at work. Still, it might be worth checking out if you are counting down the days until your journey.

Just got back today! Such an amazing experience! Room (Galaxy Suite) was very cool with plenty of space, but we didn't understand why they went with a double shower. Food was very cool looking and yummy, plenty of it too. Batuu was so hot, but I loved that they had a large shaded area for us with cold bottled water and chilled hand cloths (this was SO helpful). Plus, they had portable chargers we could check out. DS's phone battery got down to 16% and he was worried he would miss out on missions while at Batuu. The missions were fun. Cast were great and we definitely had a favorite to stick with through missions.
We did make up character names and back stories for each of us. We put our character names as our tag for Play Disney app, but when using magic band, especially when using the ship console, it would show our real name. The issue with this is a cast member came over while I was using it, looked at my name, and called me by it. So then I felt awkward using my character name. It seemed most other people were using their real names.

I'll be traveling with a group of 12 in late October. There are 5 adult couples and 2 small children spread across 2 families. I'm looking for advice on doing the missions. It feels like all 12 going on the same mission may be too many. What would you folks recommend? Groups of 6? Groups of 2? I'm caught between wanting to be prepared and not seeing too many spoilers. Any advice appreciated.

It feels like all 12 going on the same mission may be too many. What would you folks recommend?
Yes 12 is too much.

What ages are the 2 children as it makes a difference but if they are under 8 they should be together and with at least 2 adults that want to focus on the children vs their own mission.

Dave

Yes 12 is too much.

What ages are the 2 children as it makes a difference but if they are under 8 they should be together and with at least 2 adults that want to focus on the children vs their own mission.

Dave
The kids are 6 and 3. I expect they will be with the parents. The grandparents may want to join them. Would that work? My family consists of my wife, 2 adult daughters and their boyfriends. Would we be better off breaking into groups of 2? Should we mix and match on different missions?

The kids are 6 and 3. I expect they will be with the parents. The grandparents may want to join them. Would that work? My family consists of my wife, 2 adult daughters and their boyfriends. Would we be better off breaking into groups of 2? Should we mix and match on different missions?

I think small groups would be the easiest. Go into it with a flexible mindset. My group of 4 answered almost every question exactly the same, but still received datapad messages at different times, which frustrated my kids. I think they try to stagger things so they don't have too many people converging on the same place at one time. There were also a few culmination events near end of day 2 that not all of us were invited to, but they let everyone in our group enter.

Does Galactic Starcruiser have a bell services that will transfer luggage to a DVC Resort? I tried searching this thread and the official FAQ, but didn't see this question addressed. On our GS disembarkation day, we're going to DAK but we'll be staying at Riviera. It would be annoying if we had to go to Riv first to directly drop off our luggage with their bell services, and then backtrack to go to DAK for the day. Thanks!

Does Galactic Starcruiser have a bell services that will transfer luggage to a DVC Resort? I tried searching this thread and the official FAQ, but didn't see this question addressed. On our GS disembarkation day, we're going to DAK but we'll be staying at Riviera. It would be annoying if we had to go to Riv first to directly drop off our luggage with their bell services, and then backtrack to go to DAK for the day. Thanks!
They do not transfer luggage the way the other Disney resorts do. You have to take it there yourself. They will provide a taxi if you don't have your own car.

Just got off the Galactic Starcruiser today. We had a great time! We got there about 10 minutes before one and our lyft was able to drive right up to the unloading area. But by 1 there was a line of cars waiting to unload. So go a little early if possible. there was already a line of people. Doors opened right at 1 and we were in the building by 1:15. I think it took another 10 minutes or so to get into the transport pod up to the hotel.

leaving today, we told the staff we were taking a taxi to the airport. They arranged for the taxi and gave us a voucher to use for paying the taxi. We put our bags outside our hotel room at 11am and the bags were waiting for us once we got outside.

Let me know if there were any other questions.

Just got off the Galactic Starcruiser today. We had a great time! We got there about 10 minutes before one and our lyft was able to drive right up to the unloading area. But by 1 there was a line of cars waiting to unload. So go a little early if possible. there was already a line of people. Doors opened right at 1 and we were in the building by 1:15. I think it took another 10 minutes or so to get into the transport pod up to the hotel.

leaving today, we told the staff we were taking a taxi to the airport. They arranged for the taxi and gave us a voucher to use for paying the taxi. We put our bags outside our hotel room at 11am and the bags were waiting for us once we got outside.

Let me know if there were any other questions.

Thanks for the report! Curious, what kind of MagicBand are they using these days? Still the old style, or MB+? Trying to remember if there have been any thread updates about this recently.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter