STAR WARS: GALACTIC STARCRUISER Official Information & Questions Thread

Our window to book our excursion day and the photo package is in two days. Any recommendations for the timing I should try to book them for? Don’t want to miss out on anything special. We’re only going for Oga’s and the photo package. Thanks!

Our window to book our excursion day and the photo package is in two days. Any recommendations for the timing I should try to book them for? Don’t want to miss out on anything special. We’re only going for Oga’s and the photo package. Thanks!

We did photo package day 1 at 2:45pm. All rooms are available and it doesnt conflict with anything else.

Our trip was early July. We had booked the photo package for 3:00 on the 2nd day. That morning, after breakfast, we took the 1st transport & accomplished everything in Galaxy Edge, including Oga’s (had noon reservation) and still had enough time to eat lunch on board & change outfits prior to the photo session. All locations (Bridge, Atrium & other areas) were available to take the photos.
Enjoy your trip!

We did Oga's on Day Two around 11am and that was perfect -- it left a couple of hours in the morning for rides/missions and let us get a fun drink before heading to Docking Bay 7 for lunch.

For the CSL photos, we were booked Day 1 at 2:45pm. That worked out well because we were all in costume and still fresh, but I also think we could've enjoyed a ship tour or interacting with the crew during that time before the 4pm Ship Muster that everyone attends. Another good option is 2-4pm on Day Two. Batuu excursions are still running but it's at the tail end so you'll probably be fine coming back by then. Just keep in mind they'll ask you to come 15 minutes early for check-in so the 30 minute session is really 45 minutes.

I think I read in this thread that guests staying at the Star Cruiser are given free taxi rides to the airport after check out. Can anyone confirm that? We always arrange round trip car service with Tiffany Town Car and I was thinking I’d have them pick us up there but not if we get a free ride. Thanks!

I think I read in this thread that guests staying at the Star Cruiser are given free taxi rides to the airport after check out. Can anyone confirm that? We always arrange round trip car service with Tiffany Town Car and I was thinking I’d have them pick us up there but not if we get a free ride. Thanks!
From the airport to Starcruiser, no. From an off property hotel to Starcruiser, no. From an on-site Disney hotel to Starcruiser, yes.
When leaving, the official statement is from Starcruiser to any on-site Disney location (including Disney Springs). However, in practice it seems they *usually* are providing taxi's to any destination, including the airport. YMMV.

I know we can check in at 1 but I’ve read that there’s sometimes traffic getting in and that it might be better to get there a little early. If you were staying at the Boardwalk what time would you head to the lobby to have them grab you a taxi? Do you wait a while for the taxi to show up? Also, If you were going to arrange a ride to the airport what time would you tell them to pick you up. Thanks! Almost there!!

I know we can check in at 1 but I’ve read that there’s sometimes traffic getting in and that it might be better to get there a little early. If you were staying at the Boardwalk what time would you head to the lobby to have them grab you a taxi? Do you wait a while for the taxi to show up? Also, If you were going to arrange a ride to the airport what time would you tell them to pick you up. Thanks! Almost there!!
Hello there, the earliest you can get there is 11 am.
You must disembarking by 10 am. No exceptions
safe journeys

Hoping to take advantage of the 30% off but the dates don’t work for my friends. Do you think a quieter couple that’s willing to invest and be active in the story will have fun. We definitely want to dress up, be in character and chat with the cast. But we aren’t usually the push your way to the front people. I don’t want to spend the money and have stroller moms ram me to the side so little Johnny can speak with the engineer first.

Hoping to take advantage of the 30% off but the dates don’t work for my friends. Do you think a quieter couple that’s willing to invest and be active in the story will have fun. We definitely want to dress up, be in character and chat with the cast. But we aren’t usually the push your way to the front people. I don’t want to spend the money and have stroller moms ram me to the side so little Johnny can speak with the engineer first.
Definitely go. It is such good fun no matter how involved with the characters you are.

I agree with PP. Our voyage had group sizes/ages of all sorts. It’s really hard to articulate well but IMO the product works very well no matter how involved or not involved one chooses to be.

BTW, I really wish this was bookable online. I am one to tinker with my Disney trip planning ideas/research in the evenings when not convenient to call, but if I could check prices and book online, almost guaranteed we would have booked a second voyage by now.

I know that’s rather silly in the grand scheme of things and I could certainly call, I just really would prefer to do it online.

Also seems like a missed opportunity to not reach out to returning guests with a promotion/discount, even a small one. We are right on the edge of wanting to do this again, just need a little push!

BTW, I really wish this was bookable online. I am one to tinker with my Disney trip planning ideas/research in the evenings when not convenient to call, but if I could check prices and book online, almost guaranteed we would have booked a second voyage by now.

I know that’s rather silly in the grand scheme of things and I could certainly call, I just really would prefer to do it online.

Also seems like a missed opportunity to not reach out to returning guests with a promotion/discount, even a small one. We are right on the edge of wanting to do this again, just need a little push!
Your Josh quote made me tear up this morning - for the quote and for Josh. Not sure if this is new or not, but I just noticed it ❤️

Sad to see this close. We really wanted to do it, but couldn't justify the price, though everyone seems to rave about it. Unfortunate they couldn't have figured out a way to make it more affordable while maintaining the level of experience, but I guess that was simply not practical. Ah, well. Star Wars DVC? LOL, sorry!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter