STAR WARS: GALACTIC STARCRUISER Official Information & Questions Thread

OK I'm intrigued, what sort of drinks did the starcruiser have for $1k? I thought it was only a 2 day voyage?
Well, admittedly it was entirely too many drinks. There were two evenings. And during the hours that were not meals, my cousin and I had 4-5 drinks a piece. Each time we had a drink, the base price was in the $16-20 range. After tip, it was probably $50 (or more thanks to collectible cups) for each round. Another couple of rounds at each dinner. Maybe a couple of rounds for both afternoons.

I never drink that much. But I drank that much. And it adds up. For the record, I'm a heavy guy (much too heavy), and my cousin is on the larger side as well. We never got to the point of being sloshed. And I was hosting my cousin, so I paid for his drinks as well. When I saw the bill at the end of the trip, it was a shock.

Totally don't regret it.

Last edited:
Well, admittedly it was entirely too many drinks. There were two evenings. And during the hours that were not meals, my cousin and I had 4-5 drinks a piece. Each time we had a drink, the base price was in the $16-20 range. After tip, it was probably $50 (or more thanks to collectible cups) for each round. Another couple of rounds at each dinner. Maybe a couple of rounds for both afternoons.

I never drink that much. But I drank that much. And it adds up. For the record, I'm a heavy guy (much too heavy), and my cousin is on the larger side as well. We never got to the point of being sloshed. And I was hosting my cousin, so I paid for his drinks as well. When I saw the bill at the end of the trip, it was a shock.

Totally don't regret it.

My drink bill was also pretty large over our voyage. Mainly because the place was so fun and I wanted to spend time there, try all the things, get the souvenir cups, etc. Plus for much of the voyage I didn’t realize gratuity was already added and I was double tipping. Oops. 😂 Don’t regret anything either.

I highly doubt this was the issue.
I didn’t say it was the main issue, did I? 🙄

The point I was making is that they absolutely lost out on international visitors who could afford to go by purposely making it difficult for non US residents to book the experience without having to use a VPN and rack up a fortune in phone calls to the US. A lot of people still don’t even know how to use VPNs judging by stuff I see on here and probably didn’t even know you could do that so they lost out on those bookings. Yes, the ridiculous price point was the main issue with the failure of the hotel but cutting off a large portion of people who did want to do it wasn’t helping things either.

Disney has officialy announced Star Cruise will take it's last voyage in late September.
Not really a surprise. It looked fun, but was priced way too high. when you can do a multi day cruise cheaper than 2 nights at this.
I wonder how long before, it reopens as a Star Wars Themed hotel without all the extras. Although, it would take a lot of remodeling, thinking of the engine room, bridge area that could be turned into more rooms.

The fact is this experience is just outside of anything close to affordable for the VAST majority of people. I'm a huge star wars fan and make decent enough money but I never could have justified over $5000 for a day and a half experience. No matter how good it is it would never be that good for me.

I doubt Disney will just abandon the building. They'll do something with it.

The fact is this experience is just outside of anything close to affordable for the VAST majority of people. I'm a huge star wars fan and make decent enough money but I never could have justified over $5000 for a day and a half experience. No matter how good it is it would never be that good for me.

I doubt Disney will just abandon the building. They'll do something with it.

I agree, doesn't surprise me they are closing shop on this. A 100 room hotel that was the most expensive on the property seemed unlikely to succeed. Clearly there aren't enough wealthy Star Wars fans to keep this going at that price. Seems it was mostly a 'one and done' type of experience.

How they repurpose it to something else will be interesting to see.

Secondary market for the merch and collectables is about to skyrocket.

I would have loved to do this, lets see how they repurpose it.

As a Star Wars fan I’m unfazed. I was never gonna pay that. IF it had been a true hotel with cool extras maybe, but not to be stuck in it for three days (except for the ‘excursion’ to GE) and have forced interactions. It wasn’t even an all inclusive which might have swayed me. So yeah, I figure it’ll end up as some sort of VIP guest rooms for corporate or a hotel for their media meetings.

It wasn’t even an all inclusive which might have swayed me.
Not sure what "all inclusive" means to you, but it included the room, meals, non-alcoholic beverages, admission to Hollywood Studios for a day (including a voucher to get food there and Lightning Lane passes for both attractions in SWGE). I'm not sure what else it could have included.

Not sure what "all inclusive" means to you, but it included the room, meals, non-alcoholic beverages, admission to Hollywood Studios for a day (including a voucher to get food there and Lightning Lane passes for both attractions in SWGE). I'm not sure what else it could have included.
Besides alcahol, I believe coffee (beyond the free plain) and some kind of juice or smoothie thing. Both of these are included at many ‘All Inclusive’ resorts.

Also there were specia events, activities, small group experiences but you had to pay for those.

I was also put off by the ‘drama’ going on. If you weren’t in the right place at the right time you missed parts of the story and the story/play is one of the reasons it was supposed to cost so much.

I watched a lot of videos trying to decide but I just wasn’t impressed and heard ‘for an extra price’ way too often.

I was 100% the target audience for this thing but could never justify the price. I hope they take the land and use it to expand Galaxy's Edge. Take over some of the parking lot, move the Star Tours entrance to the back of the show building and you could even connect that to the land without taking out Muppets Courtyard.
to expand on this thought a little bit, would be interesting if they turned it into a regular hotel you could stay at, then have direct entrance into the park via a walking path. Have the restaurants just regular restaurants.

I'm with you as well, was wayyy too expensive.

We had a great time personally, no regrets. But yeah given the price probably hard to sustain. There's already a limited number of people that would be willing to pay for it, and it's not that conducive to repeat visits. I don't know if there will be anything like this ever again, so I'm glad that we got to experience it. It was a pretty unique and memorable experience in my book.

I'm bummed that it's closing! We had such an amazing time. I was really hoping that they'd change the storyline to help me justify going back.

I hope its "final" voyage is like the "final" performance of Happily Ever After. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter