STAR WARS: GALACTIC STARCRUISER Official Information & Questions Thread

Quick update— if you are a DVC member and willing to book at least partially with points, you can get through almost immediately with member services and book any available sailing. Unfortunately none of the remaining dates worked for our family. July 16 was the latest voyage as of a couple minutes ago—still many left in June as well
late July just opened up.

I am surprised at how quickly these dates filled up now that they've opened booking for the final voyages to everybody. Congrats to everybody who made it, and I hope you have a great time.
I’m in a few various Star Wars groups and from what I’ve seen a lot of the people who were trying for bookings today were either people that have gone before and really enjoyed the whole experience of it and wanted to do it again one last time before it closes or it’s people that were hoping to go in a year or two’s time when they could afford it more comfortably and have now had to scramble so that they don’t miss out on the opportunity to do so.

I’m in a few various Star Wars groups and from what I’ve seen a lot of the people who were trying for bookings today were either people that have gone before and really enjoyed the whole experience of it and wanted to do it again one last time before it closes or it’s people that were hoping to go in a year or two’s time when they could afford it more comfortably and have now had to scramble so that they don’t miss out on the opportunity to do so.

I wonder if it would be feasible to do 1-2 year long limited time experiences, and then change it up some in between. Seems like there are enough people out there that they can fill it for 2 year stretches, and retooling it each time would add some replayability to it. But maybe that would be too cost prohibitive

There was an article yesterday that said they’d considered other options for it like rethemeing it to The Mandalorian or doing day trips to it but that it wasn’t financially viable and it’s now essentially becoming a 300 Million(?) right off for them.

This is us. We had planned to go when our son was a few years older, but then it became now or never. Voyage departs September 10 :)

I guess the economics of this thing only work for Disney with voyages scheduled every other day and if they are mostly full, which is a shame. That always seemed like so much inventory to me. Limit the supply and demand increases.

Kind of bummed at the sellouts but will be watching closely. Life was in the way of being able to try to book today so I was personally banking on it not fully booking, but such is life.

Hoping those going on the final voyages have a wonderful time. This experience will always hold a warm place in our memories and I am incredibly thankful for the cast, crew, and leaders who made this happen.

Kind of bummed at the sellouts but will be watching closely. Life was in the way of being able to try to book today so I was personally banking on it not fully booking, but such is life.

Hoping those going on the final voyages have a wonderful time. This experience will always hold a warm place in our memories and I am incredibly thankful for the cast, crew, and leaders who made this happen.
I tried really hard to book. On hold for 4+ hours, kicked off the phone and told to call back in the afternoon and when I finally was able to and talked to someone was told there was literally nothing left. Disney wasted hours of my time today and I have nothing to show for it.

I wonder if Disney is surprised by the sell out today. Are they rethinking future plans?
Doubt it. The article out yesterday by The Wrap mentioned it’s closing right at the end of the fiscal quarter. If they had announced the closure was end of the year and allowed Q4 bookings all those bookings would be subject to cancellation- which has burned Disney before. At least this way only the tail end of bookings aren’t within that 90 day window of no deposit refund (if that’s still the policy?)

I tried really hard to book. On hold for 4+ hours, kicked off the phone and told to call back in the afternoon and when I finally was able to and talked to someone was told there was literally nothing left. Disney wasted hours of my time today and I have nothing to show for it.
I am so sorry to hear that. My DH was still on the fence about booking and now it sounds like we wouldn't have really had a chance unless I had gotten up at 4 am PT and waited for hours and maybe not even then.

I can't decide if I'm super disappointed or relieved that I don't have to worry about spending too much money on this.

Last edited:
You could contact a TA. The TA that sponsers the DIS, Dreams Unlimited, is saying they’re happy to stalk availability for clients. The cost to you is the same if you direct through Disney or use a TA. Link to the article where it’s mentioned.

You could contact a TA. The TA that sponsers the DIS, Dreams Unlimited, is saying they’re happy to stalk availability for clients. The cost to you is the same if you direct through Disney or use a TA. Link to the article where it’s mentioned.
I don’t get all this TA love. I guess if you absolutely can not make time then I get it. But honestly they are going to book themselves first, friends and “vips” second and regular folks last if theres space.
I called myself today and got my 2nd choice date. So many of the TAs could only get some of their clients rooms.
I’ve never had a good experience with a TA when I was forced to use one. I’m sure they’re good people. But the incentive structure is built to get you on their list and then respond when they have time.
I’m glad I ended trying myself despite all the recommendations of using a TA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter