Star Wars: Galactic Starship (resort experience) News

Status
Not open for further replies.
True, but consider cruises, something else people pay lots of money for. Disney cruises are considerably more expensive than most other cruise lines, yet people pay for it--and are happy about the experience.

But this is more expensive then even a Disney cruise! I was prepared for cruise-type pricing, but $6000 for a 2-night cruise for a family of 4 is beyond anything I was expecting.

There is no sustainability here. It will sell out initially. Yes. The problem comes down the road after all of the Youtube videos come out and the initial waves of those who can afford it have done it. What then? Also...what about the kid in the group who decides the next morning they want to go ride Dumbo?

It's $5,000 for a two day Star Wars ride. They could have invested Imagineering's time much better than this.

But this is more expensive then even a Disney cruise! I was prepared for cruise-type pricing, but $6000 for a 2-night cruise for a family of 4 is beyond anything I was expecting.
I have an eight day cruise reserved on the Fantasy for October 2022 and the cost of that cruise is less expensive that the 2 night Star Wars Adventure. That cost includes meals and entertainment for 8 days! ....and it's for a verandah stateroom!

I have an eight day cruise reserved on the Fantasy for October 2022 and the cost of that cruise is less expensive that the 2 night Star Wars Adventure. That cost includes meals and entertainment for 8 days! ....and it's for a verandah stateroom!

This. While Disney cruises are prohibitively expensive (IMHO) at least you get an 8 day/7 night cruise. This is TWO days/nights. There really isn't a comparable product on the market right now.

Man people were really really worried it would be $1200 per person for the entire time AND ITS 1200 A NIGHT!!!! And it's really only a day and a half of activities. Not even two full days. My wife is taking our daughter to see their sister/aunt in Australia and I though itd be a perfect time for me and our son to do this, but man those prices. I wonder if discounts will ever come out?

Enjoy! It’s not even a problem of if we can afford it it’s just that I’m on willing to spend that kind of money for such a limited experience

You just gave me a nightmare about this I didn't know I would have:

Congrats, your group has no idea what they signed up for and just stares dumbfounded at the cast members acting like you're actually in space. (There's always somebody booking whole Disney vacations while doing seemingly no research, so why not here too? They might ask to also see "Harry Potter World" at some point during the trip.)

Congrats, your group contains the small child that is not yet capable of 'yes, and-ing' his way through a resistance mission but is VERY vocal about how Batman needs to be involved somehow.

Congrats, your group has the guy who is too cool for this and purposefully tries to derail it for everyone despite paying hard earned money for this experience like every one else. (This guy is later seen reciting the HM opening loudly over the ghost host).

I think I'm going to wait here for some reviews on these story points.

I think you nailed it. I'll be waiting for some reviews on this... :rotfl2:

This. While Disney cruises are prohibitively expensive (IMHO) at least you get an 8 day/7 night cruise. This is TWO days/nights. There really isn't a comparable product on the market right now.
Well, actually it's an eight night, nine day cruise.

Whoa! As a solo traveller most of the time, $5,000 for a day and a half is just a tad out of my price range...:sad: Going to have to hope against hope that my nephew's family wants to experience the Grand Captains Suite.

True, but consider cruises, something else people pay lots of money for. Disney cruises are considerably more expensive than most other cruise lines, yet people pay for it--and are happy about the experience.
I checked cruise prices and I could go on a 4-5 day cruise on the new Wish for $3000 total for 2ppl in a veranda room VS this 1.5 day onland experience for $4500+. There's a lot of value in cruises- if you take into consideration the cost of flying into the ports of call and spending a night or two there plus food and activities- you can save money by cruising instead of vacationing at the ports of call individually. There's also a lot more freedom in cruising. It doesn't seem like the itinerary gives any freetime to wander around, explore, and have organic interactions with characters and other guests. I expect that over time they'll tweak the experience and figure those kinds of organic interactions out

There is no sustainability here. It will sell out initially. Yes. The problem comes down the road after all of the Youtube videos come out and the initial waves of those who can afford it have done it. What then? Also...what about the kid in the group who decides the next morning they want to go ride Dumbo?

It's $5,000 for a two day Star Wars ride. They could have invested Imagineering's time much better than this.

I tend to agree with this. People will send X dollars each year, every other year or whatever on a week long stay at Grand Floridian but once they do this, will they come back year after year, or at least on some sort of cadence is to be seen. I think they'll have a lot of one time visitors for this hotel/attraction.

I checked cruise prices and I could go on a 4-5 day cruise on the new Wish for $3000 total for 2ppl in a veranda room VS this 1.5 day onland experience for $4500+. There's a lot of value in cruises- if you take into consideration the cost of flying into the ports of call and spending a night or two there plus food and activities- you can save money by cruising instead of vacationing at the ports of call individually. There's also a lot more freedom in cruising. It doesn't seem like the itinerary gives any freetime to wander around, explore, and have organic interactions with characters and other guests. I expect that over time they'll tweak the experience and figure those kinds of organic interactions out

It's a sample itinerary. There's no way everyone could do all of those experiences, nor that each one would last a mere 30 minutes nor that they'd be stacked so close together. It'll undoubtedly be a "pick and choose" situation with your experiences with at least some downtime in between.

If that was true, then things like the $3000 a night rooms at the Polynesian would have been shut down years ago. WDW caters to the rich. Disney will be fine.

When it comes to this too, if you just break it down mathematically, they don't need to attract that many people to this in the overall grand scheme of things.

There's rougly 180 "trips" per year (each trip is 2 days). 100 rooms. Say a min of 2 people per room. That's only 36,000 people per year from the entire world they need to attract for it to be booked solid every year.

There are people who spend $3000+ for a day of a VIP Tour.

is anyone else getting a kick out of how people are comparing this to a cruise?...its just another cruise, but in space!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter