Star Wars Galatic spectacular missing its fireworks?

wedance6

Mouseketeer
Anyone at the park last night ( Thursday) notice there were no fireworks in the background? Only the ones that shoot off the buildings we're going off. I have never seen this version but I'm pretty sure there is suppose to be a lot of fireworks in the sky. Also why is there now a huge stage sitting out in front of the theater as well? I remember they used to move it at the end of the night. This was our only time to see this show and I was super disappointed.

Anyone at the park last night ( Thursday) notice there were no fireworks in the background? Only the ones that shoot off the buildings we're going off. I have never seen this version but I'm pretty sure there is suppose to be a lot of fireworks in the sky. Also why is there now a huge stage sitting out in front of the theater as well? I remember they used to move it at the end of the night. This was our only time to see this show and I was super disappointed.

The mobile stage apparently hasn’t been mobile for weeks. I wonder if it has something to do with construction between the Frozen SAL and IJSS.

The mobile stage apparently hasn’t been mobile for weeks. I wonder if it has something to do with construction between the Frozen SAL and IJSS.

According to one (insider) report, the stage has "structural issues" that prohibit its ability to be moved.

I saw the three stage sections drive away earlier this week, but they took an alternate route down Hollywood Blvd. I didn't follow them, but I assume they entered backstage through Sids Gate. I haven't been there at night since then, but it sounds like they haven't removed them every night.

The story I'm hearing, and it's second hand, is that the stages damaged some of the cement surface on the normal route and they're in the process of repaving it with stronger cement in order for it to take the load. The pavement is different on Hollywood Blvd and it must be able to handle the load without being damaged.

According to one (insider) report, the stage has "structural issues" that prohibit its ability to be moved.
Stages are fine. There is concrete work being done on their route. The work is being done in phases to minimize guest impact.

I saw the three stage sections drive away earlier this week, but they took an alternate route down Hollywood Blvd. I didn't follow them, but I assume they entered backstage through Sids Gate. I haven't been there at night since then, but it sounds like they haven't removed them every night.

The story I'm hearing, and it's second hand, is that the stages damaged some of the cement surface on the normal route and they're in the process of repaving it with stronger cement in order for it to take the load. The pavement is different on Hollywood Blvd and it must be able to handle the load without being damaged.
Yes new concrete walkways are being poured as we speak. Most of it should be done by now actually.

This is the new version of the show. Very little if any large shell fireworks. The fireworks launch site across the road has some issues with ash hitting cars and starting fires near the launch site. To minimize that they minimize the fireworks.

This is the new version of the show. Very little if any large shell fireworks. The fireworks launch site across the road has some issues with ash hitting cars and starting fires near the launch site. To minimize that they minimize the fireworks.

Symphony in the Stars... My God, what an EPIC firework show. It will be missed.

Watched it many times. Sometimes for the finale, I would turn around and face the people standing on the other side of the rope at the dessert party just to watch the expressions on their faces, especially the kids. And you know what today is? It's the two year anniversary of it's last performance. SWaGS began two days later.

So glad I got to see it in its final year.
I remember the night before we went to see it we were back in our room at Coronado and I was in the bathroom, I think I had just gotten out of the shower and was like 'Whoa! What is THAT?" It was obviously fireworks, but they were booming with such force that I felt them. In the bathroom. At Coronado Springs. And it went on and on.

The next night, we stood wide-eyed with ash raining down on us in absolute awe.

Epic indeed.

The stage was not there during the show when we went on Monday. It was also not crowded at all. We had lots of space to see. I was glad I decided not to do the dessert party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter